winter!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
First year I have not owned a Jeep in my 3 years of living in northern Virginia FML. cant wait to move back to Cali

vortecd

Established Member
I will be bitch when it is 90 and humid. Love playing in the snow!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I live in the midwest and enjoy my mustang all year round. Why dont you drive it in the winter? It isnt like it is a rare collectors car?

Do you put snow tires on it? I wouldn't even be able to accelerate to the speed limit or go up slight inclines on many roads if I had to drive my Cobra

Where are you located? If you are in the lower half of the state, Southern IL winters are not the same as WI winters.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
This shitty weather is the only reason I'm not having a hard time waiting for my mustang to be built/delivered. I'll just be picking it up, driving it home and parking it in the garage until the salt clears off the road....crossing my fingers the roads are cleared by the end of March!

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Spring/Summer and Fall here on Long Island NY are amazing perfect weather. Down south is only nice when its winter there in the summer its unbareable 90+F humid and almost rains everyday.

Anyway I like have 4 seasons how can you celebrate Christmas with all those songs about snow and look outside and see palmtrees.

hey11101

Established Member
Most horrible winter here not sure if it will end, everyone is tired of it and its not good for anything. I can't imagine how many pot holes we will have now probably end up bending a rim in the cobra when it does come out. Sometimes even in the ram it feels like I am going off road. Only upside is I convince my wife we need to move out of here in next 4 years to Florida so I am putting in plans to make it work.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cheer up! Spring is only 30 days away! :thumbsup:

(As I look out the windows and see snow.......AGAIN.) :(

ICU 5.0

Established Member
Do you put snow tires on it? I wouldn't even be able to accelerate to the speed limit or go up slight inclines on many roads if I had to drive my Cobra

Where are you located? If you are in the lower half of the state, Southern IL winters are not the same as WI winters.

I am in central illinois. I just have some decent all seasons and about 2-300lbs of crap in the trunk. My car has done quite well really. Not a fan of driving with salt out there, but i rinse my car off regularly and do my best to keep it clean.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I am a year round guy, southwest Michigan. I have driven every day except 2, that was after a 20+ snow fall and the kids had school canceled so I took the wifes minivan. I would have been able to make it, I was just concerned about the front valance getting damaged with a hard chunk of snow. I would have been scraping for miles before I got to the main roads.

That being said, it would have been impossible without winter tires. Even with winter tires you have to be absolutely focused on snowy days, it only takes about 1/2 a second for the rear end to kick out with any ill-timed throttle input, even below 2000 RPM and with snows. That is even with all nannies engaged and Dunlop Winter Max tires... LOL We are near 100 inches of snowfall this year, and I go 60 miles round trip.

zPipes

Established Member
Just think of all the miles you save, all the hair you dont lose from it blowing in the wind, the peace and quiet you get from driving your other car. Ooops, sry its 5 oclock and 70.. gonna go for a spin.

nxhappy

Established Member
70^ right now. Soon I will be bitching about 100^ lol. And then it's lake time !

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
People that love the "seasons" in the north east are crazy, From october to March It's shit in the northeast period. From may to august it's hot in the south, the other 8 months is as close to perfect as there is.
Moving south withing a year.

zPipes

Established Member
Hey man, thats my deal precisely. I can say sometimes sure, I miss the seasons, but the benefits... farrrrr outweigh. First, flat, clean, roads. Flip flops 11 months a year. Green grass year round. Crummy cloudy rainy days are few between as opposed to sunny clear days being few between.

I think weather is a huge contributor to the shitty attitudes people associate with northerners.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Hey man, thats my deal precisely. I can say sometimes sure, I miss the seasons, but the benefits... farrrrr outweigh. First, flat, clean, roads. Flip flops 11 months a year. Green grass year round. Crummy cloudy rainy days are few between as opposed to sunny clear days being few between.

I think weather is a huge contributor to the shitty attitudes people associate with northerners.

I'm telling you, when i visited my brother in orlando i thought, nah, florida is full of shitty areas, with rednecks everywhere and fat ****s all over the place, Then i got there and all i could describe it like was going from Standard definition (northeast) to High Def down in florida. Bright sun, Good attitudes, laid back bbq'ing all day everyday, i even drove to cocoa beach and rented a body board and an umbrella for 15$......FIFTEEN DOLLARS! ALL DAY, that shit don't buy you a beer on the beach up north. Driving down there is phenomenal, on and off ramps are pitched just right to fly down them and the roads are smooth and concrete. Keep your seasons and 18" of snow. Once i land a gig i'm out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread