Winter is coming...

Big Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Who thinks the storm heading into the Eastern part of the US this weekend will be as big as they predict, or do you think it will be a nothingburger?

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Semi nothingburger.

Media sensationalism makes $.
Besides, every reason under the sun for these evil mother****ers to frighten Americans.
They hate us, they hate Americans getting together, they hate Christianity, but love and worship the $ it generates.
Anything to make people run to the store and get bread, milk and water.

VegasMichael

Established Member
When did they start naming winter storms? This one is called Elliott. Why can't they ever give tough sounding names like Spike, Zane, Rocco, Diesel, Blade, Duke, Axel or something.

Looks like some cold temps and a mixture of rain, ice and snow depending on where one lives. Possibly up to two feet in some places but that's not really much to worry about.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't tell you....

But here in Minnesota 5-8" of snow today and the next two days a high of -4 to -8 degrees with wind gust of 50 mph.

So yeah, blizzard warning with temperatures feeling like -40 to -50 degrees....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The masses crave drama and the media - down to the meteorologists - helps supply it. I can't even count how many times I've heard someone say "blizzard" over the last couple days to maximize dramatic effect. If you've lived around here long enough, you know that it gets cold, it snows, sometimes both at once and sometimes a lot. Drink a stiff old fashioned to warm yourself, fire up the snowblower, and get to back to business as usual.

Right now, all the snowmobilers are salivating, the plow companies are drooling and the towing guys are loading up on energy drinks. Then watch us get 3" of slop. lol

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The masses crave drama and the media - down to the meteorologists - helps supply it. I can't even count how many times I've heard someone say "blizzard" over the last couple days to maximize dramatic effect. If you've lived around here long enough, you know that it gets cold, it snows, sometimes both at once and sometimes a lot. Drink a stiff old fashioned to warm yourself, fire up the snowblower, and get to back to business as usual.

Right now, all the snowmobilers are salivating, the plow companies are drooling and the towing guys are loading up on energy drinks. Then watch us get 3" of slop. lol

^this.

Whatever snow on the roof the wind doesn't blow off in the next couple days, I'll rake and blow in the yard on Monday.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
When did they start naming winter storms? This one is called Elliott. Why can't they ever give tough sounding names like Spike, Zane, Rocco, Diesel, Blade, Duke, Axel or something.

Looks like some cold temps and a mixture of rain, ice and snow depending on where one lives. Possibly up to two feet in some places but that's not really much to worry about.
Peggers naming convention, apparently....

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Going down to 3 here tomorrow with windchills down to -10. **** that! At least I will be on my way to Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread