Winter boredom thread!

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
basyzu2e.jpg

Those tires still had plenty of tread:banana:

howie8124

Established Member
I finally got my new engine in with the longtubes on it as well as steering shaft which I couldn't figure out at first.. Next thing is getting the transmission back in, hopefully with the longtubes in place.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I finally got my new engine in with the longtubes on it as well as steering shaft which I couldn't figure out at first.. Next thing is getting the transmission back in, hopefully with the longtubes in place.

damn .. I remember this "project" like it was yesterday... (4 years ago now)

I put the transmission and engine in on the K member fully dressed in from up under the car.. (no lift) (these pictures are from the 1st engine I had built and I installed.. It was not an aluminator)

It was a BASTARD lol ...

I also M.F.'d the steering shaft through the Kooks Longtubes ...

UGGH... the funny thing is I figured out how to get it in, once i got the steering shaft in it was so easy.. but i fought it for a hr! lol

These pictures are from the 1st engine ... this engine put down 734 rwhp with a D1-SC 17lbs boost..

33476120030large.jpg

33476120031large.jpg

33476120032large.jpg

(on the window is writen in DUST "Almost done" LOL)
33476120034large.jpg

Last edited:

howie8124

Established Member
I wish I had that garage! I'm working in just about half that and because its not that long I wasn't able to pull the transmission with it so I just left it on the ground.. I also wish I had a blower to go with the engine!

My2003Mach1

Established Member
I wish I had that garage! I'm working in just about half that and because its not that long I wasn't able to pull the transmission with it so I just left it on the ground.. I also wish I had a blower to go with the engine!

Yeah I had that garage built just for the mustang... Lol my wife asked me why I was building such a big garage.. 30'x30' 12' ceilings (4,000 lb concrete)

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Plenty of tread left is right! Guess that TVS is doing its job :burnout:

I ended up finding another set of 315 R888's with 250 miles on them for about the same price, so I will be getting them in the next few days!

Nice.. I ordered my front kumho's and they came in today.. Yahtzee

tanajemu.jpg

bybu3adu.jpg

Great looking tires.. Can wait to get the rears mounted and my new polished rear exhaust installed.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Nice.. I ordered my front kumho's and they came in today.. Yahtzee

tanajemu.jpg

bybu3adu.jpg

Great looking tires.. Can wait to get the rears mounted and my new polished rear exhaust installed.

Those look sick, that will definitely look awesome with the polished tails. I need to polish my tails this winter as well. As long as I can get these tires mounted, my new shocks on, polish my tails, and repaint my side mirrors, I'll be happy man :rockon: Trying to save for a ring for my GF so I need to hold off on modding the car this year. Also trying to save for a Jeep. FML :bash:

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
Juts got my rear section back from the polisher... Outside in the sun they should look like chrome!!!!

ajyzyzu3.jpg

zeqy8e2y.jpg

apy4e3ej.jpg

Looks great, Id like to do the same to mine. PM me a price you got if you dont want to post it here. Also, are you not running the hanger from the tips? Dont see any welded to your tips but I guess you could have cut them off and just re-weld them. Im curious....

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Looks great, Id like to do the same to mine. PM me a price you got if you dont want to post it here. Also, are you not running the hanger from the tips? Dont see any welded to your tips but I guess you could have cut them off and just re-weld them. Im curious....

Hangers are there.. I turned the pipe upside down.. Pm sent

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
will be curious to hear your review of them vs. the R888

I will.. The toyo's I was running 305's.. My kumho's are 315's... I bet they will be close performance wise.
Plus I'm taking 2#'s of boost out of the car this year. That should help with traction.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Nick, are those Borla or Magnaflow pipes? I know you have the regular Magnaflow mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yuke175

Established Member
Couldn't do a sedan

New dd taking her home today

3ED93A7F-E48D-4E21-90E5-20154C08BF43-19026-000008A9BE9A1BFC.jpg

D-plan discount is great. Note to self work at a dealership every time I need a new car.

Users who are viewing this thread