Will this bolt up to a hellion kit for the 03 cobra?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
please do. Because your only making more of a fool out of yourself by proving my point further. Why don't you do a research before making youself look like an even bigger tool than you already are, mmmk? The reason it backfires means that's its working, when you throw gas into a turbo/exhaust its going to backfire, also causing the turbo to spool A LOT faster, so please enlighten me how its funny when my turbo setup could roast you off the line when I install the kit with the antilag system? And I'm pretty sure all those cars you say are stupid with antilag systems would roast you too? So what's funny now?

I know how Anit-lag works you dumbass and it sounds completely retarded. Now as far as you leaving me on the line...my car has 4.30 gears, I'd go past you on the back tires. Please post up some numbers to your anti-lag turbo car. :rollseyes

Chris
Vehicle:
A Car

Ahhh, now it makes sense!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Do you already have upgraded fuel pumps and 60lb injectors, level 5 half shafts, and at least a 900ft-lb capacity clutch, and the whole slue of other parts already?

I have ran the numbers because I have considered both the Hellion kit and the 3.4 Whipple. I can do the 3.4 Whipple and all the supporting mods to support the power and torque for about the same price I can get the Hellion kit with an intake, injectors, and fuel pumps. It is going to cost me about 3-4 grand more to do the Hellion single kit and all the supporting mods and add 2 more grand for the twin set up.

I am sure there will be someone that will eclipse the 800 mark with the 3.4 whipple.

My goal is 600+ on pump gas. There is already people doing that with about 17 psi on the 3.4 and it is made to run up 30 psi. Well it is true you "can go from fast to kill mode, with the turn of a knob", but you will still need to have the octane in the tank to do it.

The decision was easier for me because I do not have the supporting mods yet, and it will be a bigger hit on my pocket book to go turbo.

True it will not feel the same as a turbo but you will not have to wait for the power with the 3.4. It is all up to what you want, you said you wanted a sick street car.

blownbra925

Established Member
well i do have those inj and the BAP etc. but im ordering a whole fuel system from lethal, suspension kit and i already have the clutch, input shaft and flywheel setup

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
So back to the topic yet again as this keeps going off topic. blownbra if you want to get good power out of your turbo off the line get the anti-lag, you can talk to your tuner about getting one installed and im sure they will agree with me that its worth doing, considering all those videos posted were turbo cars and they were very quick off the line

blownbra925

Established Member
yea ill see what i can find. i spoke to hellion today and Jason (trbo vnm), and he told me to use a 75 shot off the like :) i think thats what ill go with!

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
The Precision 76GTSH actually spools quicker than the Turbonetics turbo. I have the new S-trim F1 wheel and it is pretty decent on spool, my new motor however has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and I did GT cams.
Precision just switched to new wheels from what I hear, also you could do a .81 housing for quicker spool. There are a ton of options to make it how you want.
I had a Whipple before this.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
The Precision 76GTSH actually spools quicker than the Turbonetics turbo. I have the new S-trim F1 wheel and it is pretty decent on spool, my new motor however has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and I did GT cams.
Precision just switched to new wheels from what I hear, also you could do a .81 housing for quicker spool. There are a ton of options to make it how you want.
I had a Whipple before this.

Did you have the 2.3 Whipple before or the 3.4?

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Thanks,

The 3.4 fits better in my budget. My tuner says I should be able to get 600+ on 17 psi on pump gas. They Hellion Kit is pretty sweet though would be my choice of turbo set up. Still might be in the future.

blownbra925

Established Member
well i could do either a single 76 hellion kit, or a HP twin 50mm/57mm kit for somewhere around the same price. im def decided on goin turbo now i am in debate of which to do...they are both nice kits

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
well i could do either a single 76 hellion kit, or a HP twin 50mm/57mm kit for somewhere around the same price. im def decided on goin turbo now i am in debate of which to do...they are both nice kits

Do a search on here and on turbomustangs.com. HP Performance is well known for shipping incomplete kits and taking months to fill one order. Before you commit to them do some research and you may want to reconsider. Unless you live close enough to drive to them then it may not be an issue.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
HPP is the way to go if you got the cash. Hellions new twin kit looks good too and the single kit works well.

Users who are viewing this thread