Will this bolt up to a hellion kit for the 03 cobra?

blownbra925

Established Member
thats what i thought, however i spoke to a turbo fab guy today and he said he had an 88 that spools fast. im thinkin the 76GTS...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
How much power do you plan to make? I run a 74GTS and its good for about 800rwhp.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
If I was going turbo on a DOHC car I would get a 302cid stroker kit to help spool up. You could always spray it with a small shot too.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
What do you want the car for? And I don't see the Whipple 3.4L making 800+rwhp.

blownbra925

Established Member
i no ive seen a little over 700, but its my weekend car that i like to race when i can, and i only put about 2K a year on it...i just want a sick street car. right now i have a port and juice, so with a 75 shot it has 555/655 so its nice. but i want more! haha...maybe 3.4 with juice

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i no ive seen a little over 700, but its my weekend car that i like to race when i can, and i only put about 2K a year on it...i just want a sick street car. right now i have a port and juice, so with a 75 shot it has 555/655 so its nice. but i want more! haha...maybe 3.4 with juice

Then I say go with the Hellion kit and shift fast so there isn't any lag. :rockon: You couldn't pay me AND give me any supercharger to replace my turbo. No f'ing way! The Whipple will have that torque but it won't feel like a train hit you from behind like a Turbo does when it spools. There is no comparison! Not to mention it will be ALOT less stress on your car and you can turn the car from "fast (600rwhp) to kill mode (850rwhp)" with a knob or button. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh and at the track or from a dead stop I have instant boost and zero boost lag when I shift like I'm racing. Now when you granny shift you will have some lag. Turbo V8 is simply insane...thats all you can say.

And you will get 30mpg LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

blownbra925

Established Member
hahah than whats all this negative talk before hand?! haha i losing my mind, im confused but i would love to do the hellion! i need someone who has a hookup wit the kit!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
88 is a massive turbo and will have alot of lag I'd think. 76GTS with a 75 shot would be AWSOME. And I thought this was your daily driver, didn't know it was a nasty weekend warrior!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
if you swapped to a forged 2v motor with ported heads and cams, you could make over 900whp with a 2.8H Kenne Bell....

Yea there you go, take out that badass 32v/DOHC motor and put in a 16v/SOHC motor in it. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread