Will The GT500 Sell Out?

satx

Banned
PowerWheels said:
I don't understand this thread, anything will sell out. The termainator did, at 7 grand under msrp.

EXACTLY

I can just see HTT...... "allright guys, doesn't look like we're gonna sell 'em all this year......send all the leftovers to the crusher".

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i predict some one will be on here within the first 90 days saying "i just bought one at msrp". time will tell, but there is a lot of history to back this up. the same people are calling these dealers over and over saying they want one. they will sell out, but it won't be for over msrp.

mrGT

Established Member
swlacobra said:
i predict some one will be on here within the first 90 days saying "i just bought one at msrp". time will tell, but there is a lot of history to back this up. the same people are calling these dealers over and over saying they want one. they will sell out, but it won't be for over msrp.
It's gonna happen a lot sooner than 90 days...hide and watch!!

stang22

Established Member
..I think the new Shelby will definitely sell out,no problem,...if nothing more than the hp and the shelby name attached to it,...however as far as collectability,I believe it will,but it would have been twice as collectable if Carroll Shelby's company had more influence on it with looks,performance,handling,weight,etc...than svt did! But either way I'm very happy with the car and I'm praying that maybe there's a near future model that will be more Shelby influenced selling it through Ford,...and if they make that one,better believe that it will be highly collectable IMO! :thumbsup:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
Shelby American is marketing a modified mustang right now - it is a six cylinger with a paxton or vortech SC - don't think it is ging to be a collectable.

venams03

Established Member
stang22 said:
..I think the new Shelby will definitely sell out,no problem,...if nothing more than the hp and the shelby name attached to it,...however as far as collectability,I believe it will,but it would have been twice as collectable if Carroll Shelby's company had more influence on it with looks,performance,handling,weight,etc...than svt did! But either way I'm very happy with the car and I'm praying that maybe there's a near future model that will be more Shelby influenced selling it through Ford,...and if they make that one,better believe that it will be highly collectable IMO! :thumbsup:

I highly doubt that the vehicles will Sell Out... not at MSRP + ADMs. Probably will eventually disappear if/when MSRP or better is offered.

All the posts on this board regarding greedy dealers and ADMs has taken away the small amount of interest I once had in this car. Really a shame for FORD IMO.. dealers treating loyal FORD owners in this way can only lead to their doors closing faster (for good) if you ask me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...this is just mine

1meanz

Established Member
venams03 said:
All the posts on this board regarding greedy dealers and ADMs has taken away the small amount of interest I once had in this car. Really a shame for FORD IMO.. dealers treating loyal FORD owners in this way can only lead to their doors closing faster (for good) if you ask me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion...this is just mine

I feel the same. I plan on a C6 now without even talking to a Ford dealer. Ford is crumbling to the ground and allow their dealers to gouge every chance they get.

mrGT

Established Member
I wonder if more people buying a C6 now will make the C6 price jump from the supply and demand theory? I hope Chebby is getting geared up for all the sales it's gonna be gettin'.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
mrGT said:
This gets my vote! Ford is struggling financially, so why not continue to make this Shelby? The only reason to stop is if Ford wanted to make it a collector's item or the demand dries up...well, they've already missed the boat on making it a "limited edition" by producing 7-10,000 per year for a scheduled 2 year run. The assembly line will already be in full force, and IF the demand is still heavy, the money will continue to pour into their financial caldrons.

People should remember this about the original Shelby production numbers:

Shelby Production (1969-70)
Shelby GT350 Convertible 194
Shelby GT500 Convertible 335
Shelby GT350 Fastback 935
Shelby GT500 Fastback 1,536
Shelby GT500 Fastback Hertz Car 152
Shelby Special Models 3
Total 1969-70 Shelbys
(includes 789 updated 1970 models) 3,155

Source TMS

~

If theres enough demand and Ford keeps producing the GT500 it gonna be the Terminator that ends up being the collectors choice! I hope they make 100,000 of them, It'll only help the value of my Terminator, if it lasts long enough!

Last edited:

mrGT

Established Member
firemanmike said:
If theres enough demand and Ford keeps producing the GT500 it gonna be the Terminator that ends up being the collectors choice! I hope they make 100,000 of them, It'll only help the value of my Terminator, if it lasts long enough!
I've told this story before...Keep your Terminator! If you really love it, you'll be sorry and sick in years to come if you let it go now. When I got out of the Marine Corps in 1970, I bought a Boss 302. I loved that car! In 73 I sold it because I needed a family car and couldn't afford to keep the Boss. I have regretted that day ever since. So keep your Terminator. Many years down the road when others are looking for a classic Terminator...you'll already have one. All you need to do is take very good care of it between now and then.

By the way, I believe any Cobra will have more residual value in the coming years than a mass produced car.

Jpjr

Established Member
mrGT said:
I wonder if more people buying a C6 now will make the C6 price jump from the supply and demand theory? I hope Chebby is getting geared up for all the sales it's gonna be gettin'.

there are more C6 vette's than people want. one smart move by chevy was to lower the price to increase demand. they now have less of a profit margin, but more people that can afford them. end of day lower prices allow the company to spread fixed costs overy more cars, which keeps factories open and workers employed, among other things. of course, the kicker is that you have to still sell them at msrp or close to turn a profit.

chuckstang

Established Member
PDubs said:
The car will sell, if they produce < 7500, all should sell. However, my 03 is the last Ford I'll own (someone else mentioned this same thing above too).

Thats a pretty retarded statement. How do you know where Ford will be in 10 years? You might be missing out big time!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah, wait till the hover conversions hit the market powered by cold fussion...:)

-Jeff

chuckstang

Established Member
Its amazing that people are jumping ship and the car is not even out yet!
Anyone jumping off the Ford boat is doing so because they chose to and it has nothing to do with what Ford has or has not done. God for bid you have to wait a few months to buy the hottest mustang ever built.
Grow up guys

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Shelby Gt500 Sell Out????

LSR said:
I agree with you somewhat. I do believe the GT500 will sell out. So many people think just people here in the U.S. will want the car. But like I mentioned in a previous thread, people all around the globe or familure with Mr. Shelby and love U.S. Muscle Cars. The 07 GT500 is a true Retro Muscle Car, and I have freinds that are European residents and have flown here to the U.S. and ordered the GT500 and have high spots on several dealer list for the car. I have a ex-coworker that live in Austalia and he is getting a GT500 Shelby. And they all know so many other people alike that plan on purchasing the GT500. They also know people in the U.S. are banking on waiting thinking the cars will be plentiful. People here in the U.S. that plan on waiting I believe is in for a BIG surprise.

Ford already has run into an issue of transmission availibilty. As did with blowers that was used on the Ford GT that they wanted for the GT500. Anything can happen that can make a production numbers less than more that we will never know what happens behind the doors.

As is no one ever figured that SVT would be no more, or the new 500 hp Lightning would be a no go, or even the SVT Adenaline.

And with no more SVT, the GT500 will be the last SVT vehicle according to reports. And yes it is an SVT vehicle. And I don't think Ford will do a Mustang above the GT Mustang and below the GT500. It just wouldn't make sense.

But with the cars alotted to Canada, and the U.S. The GT500 will sell out. Dealerships are already calling other dealers opting to buy the GT500's they will get and well over sticker. As well as car collectors that will buy the car and try and get it behind the first one at Barret Jackson just to see and set a tone. And when ever if they announce the last one, that car also will and can bring the selling price of the 1st one selling for $600,000 at Barrett Jackson.

And like the GT500, people are waiting for the up and coming 08 Dodge Challenger and the Chevy Camaro. Retro Muscle Cars are what people have been wanting and waiting on. It just brings back good car memories.

I plan on purchasing a Dodge Challenger as well. ;-)

Just my opinion Crazyhorse06, you tend to always respond that the GT500 will not be as valueable as the prevous Shelby GT500's, I tend to disagree. If what you are saying is true, then the 1st one wouldn't have auctioned off for $600,000. That mark I think will be beaten becasue the history of Barrett Jackson is to out do themselves everytime. And many other GT500's will show up at Barrett Jackson as well as rich people trying to out do the other. And esspecially if the 1st on is a coupe. What will a vert. bring at Barrett Jackson? And for sure Barrett Jackson when seeing another GT500 will say what the last one went for such as $600K.

Granted people can go to the dealer and get a GT500 alot less, but people at Barrett Jackson is a different breed of people. After seeing what they pay for non original cars. We may see the last 07 GT500 at Barrett Jackson, which may bring more than $600,000.

The end result, this car will sell out, and it will be Good for Ford :rockon:

In talking to SVT lately, I have been told that the 10,000 figure has been reduced back down to the 7000 units originally discussed on the July 2005 allocation letter.......I think component availability from suppliers is the driving factor (ie transmissions). SVT has gotten committments, evidently for 7000 unit runs, but not over that.....Look for 14,000 units over the next 2 years, unless Ford can increase supplies......The 600,000.00 Shelby at Barrett was strictly for the Charity, and you will not see this number again.......

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
GT500Rocket said:
Ordered mine friday :-D . Went back to my dealer today to find out order number and such and had the Ford rep called while I was there. He said that Ford was going to build the 2007 Mustang before any of the Shelbys went into production. He said production is schedules for August 1st with early deliveries sometime in October :nono: . He said the first ones off the line will go through quality control inspections to see if there are any evident problems that will be fixed before shipping out to customers so there want be recalls on the first ones out.
My order number was 4 days into the order process and I have #3001 so that means these things are selling like hotcakes.

Let's hope that #3001 is not the actual order number. Hmm and people are saying 7k this year. If it is the order number, then they will be sold out by the end of this week. If I were ford though and sold 7k in about a week, I would produce atleast 20k of these things this ear alone if not more. We may end up seeing a lot of GT500's by the time there production run ends.

chuckstang

Established Member
I dont understand the connection of the order #3001 and total production for the year?
does that mean only 3001 built? I know Im reading it wrong, but just curious.

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
#3001 I hope is not his actual place in the order line, that would mean that almost half of this years cars are gone. That's if they only make 7k.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
04SCRMINYLWVERT said:
#3001 I hope is not his actual place in the order line, that would mean that almost half of this years cars are gone. That's if they only make 7k.

it doesn't mean they're gone, just ordered. dealers can order cars all day long but they still have to find the asses for the seats

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
it doesn't mean they're gone, just ordered. dealers can order cars all day long but they still have to find the asses for the seats

Are you telling me there is less then 7k asses waiting for a GT500? Honestly if they only make 7k you won't see any sitting on dealership lots. They could make 10k and it would still be the same. I still believe the price will slow though maybe after the first 2 years, when they produce for a 3rd. In the end there will be more GT500's then any other SVT car produced.

Users who are viewing this thread