Why hasn't Ford done this?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
There is a fix for our cars and it's covered by Ford. I have it done on mine.

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
i got a notice from ford saying that would fix the problem. i have never experiance any issues with the pedal sticking so i havent taken my car in yet

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
i got a notice from ford saying that would fix the problem. i have never experiance any issues with the pedal sticking so i havent taken my car in yet

Why risk it?

I'm the 2nd owner and received a letter from Ford. The previous owner cut the carpet (which i was aware of before the sale) and the pedal fix was going to be the first thing I did....but I got the letter from Ford first. lol I picked up the fix it kit from the dealer and did it myself.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
As stated by posi, JB and mikeshimek, Ford definitely has recalled all 03/04 cobras for the gas pedal getting stuck on the carpet issue. I have received at least 6 notices from Ford to bring my car in to have the fix installed (which is a shield that goes under the gas pedal). I had the the gas pedal stick on me once at idle, did some troubleshooting, found it was the carpet and trimmed it back all before the recall was initiated.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member

I wouldn't wait for it to happen. Have no fear... the part they install is clean, and pretty much out of site. I installed mine myself.. took all of 5 minutes.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Just cut the carpet.

Ford will keep your car for 88 hours just to install some plate. Its lame as hell. Oh, and you gotta wait 5 weeks before they get the part in because they don't make any money and there going to put you last.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Just cut the carpet.

Ford will keep your car for 88 hours just to install some plate. Its lame as hell. Oh, and you gotta wait 5 weeks before they get the part in because they don't make any money and there going to put you last.

I had them order the plate before I brought my car in and it was there in 3 days.

Took 15 min total while I stood outside the bay doors and watched them do it.

Mine is done properly and I have no chance of future liability due to ignoring a federal safety recall.

Last edited:

old ford guy

Established Member
I cut my carpet when installing dynamat in the floor.

Ford doesnt enbrace recalls, historically they believe it is cheaper for them to pay lawsuits than have broad recalls.

Serious Bean Counting !!!!!!!!!

Emil

Established Member
Don't risk it, get it corrected.

It's not binding in the cable or anything like that so you won't have any preliminary indication that it's going to get hung up on the carpet till it does.
The metal part of the pedal is what gets caught on the carpet.
Mine got caught in 2nd gear, thank God for the rev limiter and knowing not to nail it with anyone close ahead!
I cut the carpet on mine, works perfectly, can't see it.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member

Many that have experienced it, only experienced it once...

Do yourself, your family, and your car a favor and get this done.

antiv6

Established Member
ya just get it done it took no time at all and the piece they put in isn't even noticeable

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I had mine done back in 05 right after my car was on the dyno for the first time and the throttle stuck in the WOT position. When the rev limitor kicked in, I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die on the spot...:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread