Why drink "Energy Drinks" if you don't need them?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
When I was in the Army I would drink at least 1 a day if not more. Now I hardley ever do. Like maybe once every few months when I really need it. I dont really drink much water if any most of the time. Mostly its either coffee or mtn dew/soda.

For energy I take mega men vitapak.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I didnt really read all of the replies, but here are my thoughts on it...

I'll drink one almost every morning, if not an energy drink then a soda of some sort. If coffee is made at work then I try to go for that instead.

BUT, for every soda/amp/coffee I drink, i'll drink 2-3 bottles of water. Caffeine quits affecting your body once it reaches a certain level of saturation, so simply drinking water when you're already loaded with caffeine can give you the same effect as a fresh start.

Plus being a Marine, we get it pounded into our heads to hydrate, so i'm well aware of how much better I function when Ive had enough water.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Interesting thread.

I never drink Red Bull, Monster or any of that shit. Way too much ****ing sugar.

I however do take preworkout supplements which have a ton of caffeine, creatine, beta al and one ingredient that concerns me; 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. I try to cycle off them, but working out without taking some sort of energy supplement just isn't the same. :whine:

As for when I'm not working out, I don't drink soda or any of that shit. I'll even turn down a yager bomb. :rolling: I used to drink soda and sugary drinks all the time, now that I've quit for so long it ****s with my stomach if I do have one.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Spike energy drink ftw... no sugar and its the only drink that consistently works for me. I can be borderline dead and this stuff picks me up. I only use it when needed not everyday .

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Sounds like just what i'm explaining, eh? haha. I bet if you drink caffeine, or energy drinks in general, now you get all jittery and stuff, which is the effect they're supposed to have, which is why you crash so hard later.

The national mindset is that these artifical energy enhancers are great, but what they don't realize is that simple sugars and water are natural "energy supplements" If someone like yourself drinks water constantly, and goes as far as even drinking a caffeine free ( but sugary, as usual) soda, it'll work the same as a monster, redbull, NOS, etc.

Yep! I gave up Soda going on 2 years now as well.....I might have 1/2 of one every few months if there is absolutely nothing else to drink or I'm in dire need of energy boost. I can't even hardly stand the taste of it, even diet soda. My one weakness still is Tea and I really don't drink that unless I'm out eating somewhere....I have recently tried to switch to diet green tea which I like pretty well!

snake134

i find it hard to believe that people who drink them on the regular aren't going to have some side effects. shit's unnatural

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Good thread.. I'll admit I drink a lot more Red Bull than I would like to. Not for the 'energy' kick but because I like the taste.. It has no effect on me I could drink it before bed and it wouldn't keep me up. I need to stop!!

Dayne Baier

Established Member
Interesting thread.

"I however do take preworkout supplements which have a ton of caffeine, creatine, beta al and one ingredient that concerns me; 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. I try to cycle off them, but working out without taking some sort of energy supplement just isn't the same. :whine:"

same here, i end up feeling drained if i workout without taking a pre workout

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i'm not going to lie i think i may be addicted to those 5-hour energy drinks. I knew that they weren't working anymore but it was more of a psychological addiction. i usually only buy them early in the morning b/c i wake up at 4am and drive a truck for 12 hours so "some sort" of a pick me up is going to be a want on my behalf.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i think they taste like ass, and dont give me energy. just make me jittery. the only time i will ever drink one is if im working at the club and need something to pick me up at 2 am

clean93

Established Member
i used to drink red bull a few years back and all that did was make me tired throughout the day and wide awake ALL through the night. disrupted my sleep schedule which made me tired again. vicious cycle. i gave up sodas and energy drink plus i work out and i work in a bus/truck shop which keeps me moving and energized all day. feel much better without them drinks. just water and juice now

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Just wait 'till y'all "energy drink addicts" start pissin' out kidney stones. They hurt. BADLY. I'm just sayin'........

Blk04Snake

Established Member
I can't drink em. A coffee will get me jittery, and redbull/monster/rockstar etc will get me jittery plus make me anxious and borderline feel like i'm hyperventilating. Guess I just don't have the tolerance for that much sugar and caffiene all at once. Mt Dew doesn't even do it to me that much, but at most I may drink 2 12oz cans of dew a day which I'm trying to get away from. It just tastes too good though.

canibus

Established Member
I got over a rockstar addiction a few years ago, but can't seem to get over the red bull. I have a 16.9 oz daily. It tastes so good. mmmmmmmmmm I definetly feel like shit a few hours later. Lately i've been drinking arizona, but it's a daily battle not to grab the red bull.

Marc

Established Member
Here is how I started drinking them. I would drink coffee all morning long sometimes into the afternoon (3/4 to a pot a day). I can't stand it black. So I used splenda & hazelnut cream--fufu coffee. So it was loaded with fat, calories, and carbs. I finally got tired of the constant sweating and brick wall at 2-3PM every day.

I was one that didn't like monsters at first. The only thing I really like is the Blue Monster, 20 calories, 6 cars. I drink 1 every morning on the week days and sometimes 2 a day on the weekends. I honestly don't feel much "perk" from them anymore. I like them for the taste. I think I am addicted to be honest, but that is my only vice. I don't smoke, rarely drink alcohol, and don't drink cofee or soda (rarely if ever).

I am a big gym nut and run 3 times a week. So, I know to hydrate. Hell, I am taking a piss normally every 20 minutes when I am hydrating (normally a gallon of water a day on the week days and a little less on the weekends). So, hopefully I am flushing my system pretty good. I have been drinking the Blue Monsters for several years now.

Again, they might be bad for you, but I am OK now and not pissing out stones or blood. But, again, I hydrate all the time.

And hell, like anything, too much of anything can be bad for you.

RcodeStang

Established Member
I have quite the caffeine addiction so they don't really do anything for me, but I'll have a Monster every now and then just because they taste so damn good.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Just wait 'till y'all "energy drink addicts" start pissin' out kidney stones. They hurt. BADLY. I'm just sayin'........

THIS -

I used to drink 8 or 10 21 oz bottles of coke a day. cut back to 3 12 oz cans. Started drinking water but I can't stand just plain water. Then I found Kool-aid singles LOL! 30 calories in a litre bottle .... satisfies the sugar craving too.

Energy drinks are crap and thos of you drinking it WILL live to regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread