Why drink "Energy Drinks" if you don't need them?

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Mtn. Dew>any energy drink

and its healthy too, anything that tastes that damn good has to be healthy.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I never drink soda or energy drinks. The only exception is Redbull/Vodka & Gin/Sprite drinks at the bar.

03vert70charger

Established Member
Rockstars got me through my senior year of college. I really like the taste of them so I will have 2-4 a week. Whenever I go for a long drive I will drink a few. I think I went through a 10 pack of monsters on the drive from Chicago to LA and another 10pack from Chicago to northern Manitoba.

haz-matt

Established Member
A fellow that works with me got hooked on those. We work the nightshift so that made it worse but anyways, he drinks about 3 per night on the dock, and at break time he has a mountain dew. He dips while he works and smokes on break and at home. Dont ask me how but he is still truckin

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
I very rarely drink these only when I am driving a long distance as I get snoozy or if I am on the vodka at a club( which is rare) When we had our first child I lived on them for 2 months as I was getting no sleep, on nights when the baby actually slept I would be like a owl as I had just pounded back 2-3 that day trying to stay awake.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i stopped drinking my morning monster java and switched to h2oand noticed my initial 4hrs at work started to get lazy and unmotivated, which didnt help because the last 4hrs is like that no matter what. Started picking them up in the morning again and noticed a huge improvement of my morning workload and focus/motivation. Like getting things done in AM so I can skate through the PM hours.

Then again, its just monsters version of coffee, iirc a can of this still has less crap in it than two mugs of coffee most people drink.

OP you just stated the obvious, any overuse of anything over time will lose its effect.

Last edited:

RedDemon91

Established Member
Energy drinks are tasty but you lose the "energy factor" really quick. I was ADDICTED to Monster for about 8 months. I had one or two every day and started feeling a sharp pain in my liver. I figured it was the Monster and quit it asap and didn't have any pain after that.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
One monster a day for the past 3 years or so. I still notice the energy buzz and have had no noticable negative side effects. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule... or maybe I'll be the next one dead.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Coffee FTW! Black of course.

This. I drink more coffee than what I should.

I'll have an energy drink if I'm driving a long distance or at night or something just in case. I also only dabble in them in the summer when a steaming hot coffee just won't work. I try to stay away from them as much as possible, just because of the health risks.

Whats this talk about pineapple juice? I've never heard of it?

Coiled03

Established Member
Never had a single one of them, and don't plan to anytime soon.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Energy drinks are definitely not good for you if you have 2-3 a day, not to mention there ****ing expensive. I'll admit I have had a few here and there, but in all honest truth, they really don't taste that good.

I say stick to water or Juice.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
Have a Full Throttle Og/Blue Demon or Amp Overdrive just about everyday i work or alot of Coffee. Love me some Coffee :rockon:

16kOrBust

Established Member
Only time I can get myself to down that stuff is when it's a Jager Bomb. I absolutely can't stand the taste of the energy drinks I've tried and have never even purchased one because they're awful, but I love Jager bombs. Go figure.

jmk97GT

Established Member
Then again, its just monsters version of coffee, iirc a can of this still has less crap in it than two mugs of coffee most people drink.

How can they have less crap than 2 mugs of coffee? I'm pretty sure coffee doesn't have any "crap" in it other than caffeine.

Here's your active ingredients in Monster Java:

Active Ingredients *Per can, not per serving:
More parallels with the other Java Monster drinks here. The following percentages are Recommended Daily Value Per Serving. Calcium 20%, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 50%, Vitamin D 10%, Potassium 6%, Riboflavin 100%, Niacin 100%, B6 100%, B12 100%, Phosphorus 10%. The rest of the stats are in mg Per Serving, Taurine 1000mg, Panax Ginseng 200mg. Also contains undisclosed amounts of L-Carnitine, Glucose, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Maltodextrin, Glucuronolactone (purported to fight fatigue and provide a sense of well-being, per Wikipedia).

Gotta love the "undisclosed amounts" of Guarana, Maltodextrin, etc.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't see how it's any different than coffee [the behavior at least]. My dad drinks coffee all day long everyday up until he goes to bed.

I don't really drink either. I like jager bombs though.

bad2000z

Established Member
Wow, this really has me thinking.. I drink 2 Monsters a day, every day. I have for the last couple years, at one point I was drinking 3 a day! The only reason I went back to 2 was my heart would race at night in bed. Damn..

Users who are viewing this thread