Why destroy a complete Cobra?!!?!?!?

Jkay98

Established Member
So another find on my daily craigslist search:
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4848632046.html

So it does make sense to me why someone would strip a complete car that someone else could have enjoyed when there are many wrecked cobras out there that they could have bought parts from. I guess either way the less cobras out there means the value of mine will go up.
The price for a shell doesn't seem to be all that bad at $2,000, if someone wants to build a legit titled cobra from the ground up.

In case the post is deleted:
"I just parted out a 2003 ford mustang cobra. nothing from the part out is for sell. The only thing available is the body itself. Its a clean 2003 cobra vin chassis that has been completely stripped. Literally you get glass, frame, doors, fenders, and some misc interior pieces. There will be zero wiring, no seats, no motor, no transmission, no rear end. must bring your own kmember and and rear end to get it out of my garage. Body is super straight and nothing wrong at all with the frame. I just took everything from the car to put it into a 90 foxbody for a build. Call me for any questions or offers. the picture is just for reference it in no way represents what is actually for sale."
00X0X_cAEdLRmSkr2_600x450.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
sounds fishy.....chop shop....

you could buy parts from a wrecked car cheaper i would imagine

04Cobra03

Established Member
sounds stupid. for 2K i could get a running V6 and drive it home if i needed a blank chassis

Not only could you buy a V6 and drive it home to start as a project car, but you could part out that V6 as well to fund your project and make getting the needed shell for more like a grand.

Sorry to hate but I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that the guy stripped that true terminater to put it in a fox. Again sorry for those who like fox body cars but I see that as a complete waste and stupid thing to do. "My opinion"

Jkay98

Established Member
Sorry to hate but I almost threw up in my mouth when I read that the guy stripped that true terminater to put it in a fox. Again sorry for those who like fox body cars but I see that as a complete waste and stupid thing to do. "My opinion"

I agree - although I like fox bodys but he could have easily found the parts from donor car.

Joyrider564

Established Member
It is being sold by a very reputable man. I know the person that parted it out, and yes, it is going into a fox. It is not a chop shop operation.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There have been a few stripped shells for sale on here. I think on one the stuff went to a pickup.

Cape T/A

Established Member
I hate seeing cars get parted out like this, but if their intentions were to make a terminator powered fox they are money ahead doing it this way, just sucks they didnt get a wrecked cobra to get the parts from.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I hate also when somebody strips a perfectly good car. That's what wrecked ones are for. Hopefully whoever buys it puts it back together. I wanted to buy it but I don't have the cash.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I saw those ads on Facebook and craigslist before it was deleted. the add on termigram or one of those did say on he stripped it for a notch build. It seems like he was wanting 2000.00 for it. I wonder who bought it and what the plans are?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not only could you buy a V6 and drive it home to start as a project car, but you could part out that V6 as well to fund your project and make getting the needed shell for more like a grand.

I personally would love to have a fox with a terminator drivetrain. But I would NEVER strip down a good cobra just to put it in a foxbody. I'd only buy a wrecked one and then do the transformation or buy one that is already complete.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Maybe the Cobra had a salvage title? Just trying to justify why you would take a good Cobra apart........

selbyvince

Established Member
I agree with not tearing a good car apart, seeing as I have already bought one that was a shell from somebody that parted it out. But the car appears to be zink yellow, and nobody really wants that color anyway. So if it had to happen, at least it was the least desirable color lol. I wish I could buy all of them that people do this to and put them back together, but I cant afford to lose my ass on it again lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounded very fishy. And now the entire ad has been taken down. So he posted someone else's photo "for reference" but doesn't post a photo of his finished Terminated Fox to backup his story. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread