Why cant I get a decent tune for a 2013 5.0 auto?

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
I'm getting fed up with tuners. I have a problem with my car and my tuner has the worst customer service known to man. It's been way over 10 days since I sent him my datalogs and he hasn't replied to any of my emails since. It's like I don't even exist.

What I want is a working tune or my money back, is that too much to ask?

What should I do?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm getting fed up with tuners. I have a problem with my car and my tuner has the worst customer service known to man. It's been way over 10 days since I sent him my datalogs and he hasn't replied to any of my emails since. It's like I don't even exist.

What should I do?

Well get a charge back on you credit card. Then try another tuner or just go back to stock. Or just wait for a response.

gtformula

Established Member
That converter is not in my newer 2013. Im going to sell that circle d. Im not going to pull the trans again in this car. I just want a very simple bolt on car this time.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
^^^^^^^ the way these tuners tune I COULD BE A TUNER,i can click a bunch of options together and call it a tune!
A TUNER is the guy who actually works on the car in front of him with data loggs and such to get the car driving and performing at its best. only one i know that tunes this way is AED.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well, it looks like our tune we sent took care of the Op's car.
11.70's @ 118 right off the rip.

New thread with results:http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/894829-jlt-stepped-up-2013-gt-tune.html#post12450210

Tuners need to stop blaming parts and tuning cars!

^^^^^^^ the way these tuners tune I COULD BE A TUNER,i can click a bunch of options together and call it a tune!
A TUNER is the guy who actually works on the car in front of him with data loggs and such to get the car driving and performing at its best. only one i know that tunes this way is AED.

I agree with both of these. Most tuners out there are not tuning right which is we see more issues with cars an tunes than we did with the 03-04 cobra days. Today theres problem tuning cars with parts that came in a package deal that's supposebly tested to work together before hand. I've been lucky enough to have a great local tuner with AED. for other guys I wish there were more quality timers out there.

drewzx3

Established Member

What should I do?

sounds like my tuner

gtformula

Established Member
Yeah Im sure the tunes for the 2011 and 2012's are pretty good. The problems are with the 2013's which we are talking about. Ive spent at least 500 in tunes with all these guys and other than JLT the tunes were way off. Im abou to just go buy the tuning software myself and start doing it myself.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
agree

Have you looked into Amazon? I hear Rick does wonders with the auto.

what he said, i went through 4 other tuners, all popular and well known. non could get it right. i got 1 tune from Rick and all, i mean all issuses solved. no drivability issues shifted perfect everytime. last time at the track made 5 passes and all were 21.16-12.18. when i drove it to him to fine tune it it only picked up 3 hp. turned out to be a wate of drive and my time but i had piece of mind and it was my idea to do it not him trying to sell me on it. i'm just dumb with computers and couldn't data log.

Users who are viewing this thread