Why cant I get a decent tune for a 2013 5.0 auto?

gtformula

Established Member
Ok Im just venting some frustration that has been going on for months and in 2 of my different 2013 auto cars. Three different companies tunes in the cars and they all have issues. They dont shift at correct rpms, surging under part throttle, wierd rpm shifts on cruise, dont feel as fast or crisp as a 2012 friends car. Im not naming names on here so I dont start a war but this shit is crazy. Ive tuned my own ls1 cars in the past and have an idea as to what it takes to tune. I dont know if its cause its too new of a car or what. Im really not happy with these bs tunes tho and Im about to go buy the sct software and tune it myself butwbutwould rather leave it to a pro.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There were a lot of changes I the 2013 auto computer the car only been out like 6 months give it some time an work with your tuner. You need to calm down an understand it takes time to work on new things. You have a choice go back to stock for now or work with the tuner to get things right.

gtformula

Established Member
I understand there were changes made. But the tuners say that they have it down. Odviously they dont. One doesnt even do the tuning and gets it from "a source" but I know them personally and they are good guys. I just know they cant fix the tune problems so I didnt bother.

Three companies and 2 different cars with bolt on parts. My new 2013 has a Jlt, x pipe with svt mufflers. Thats it performance wise. Very simple tune. Trans tune is way off. Shifts early thru gears and surges as your coming up to speed. Then wide open it shifts at around 6500 in the 1-2 and 6200 in 2-3 shifts. Also which is pretty messed up is the fact that the car loses all power and no throttle under some conditions when your at speed and roll into the gas. Car goes to downshift and then nothing is there anymore. wait a few seconds and you have gas pedal again.

My latest one is from a very known place and has a good name.Sent my box with parts missing. They took 3 days to get me the tune which is not too bad. Then I got it and it was tuned for a boss intake. They said it was fine and use it. Then got the serial number wrong so I couldnt even load it in the tuner, then waited days to get it sent fixed. now its not right and the record is not good already with them. I guess Im going to have to get with them and just keep going in circles till this thing is right. I can be the test dummy for getting their tune right it seems.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Did you go through the process of datalogging the car and sending the logs to your tuner so he can get a better idea of what is exactly wrong ?

gtformula

Established Member
LOl Im not going back to stock because of a tune problem. I will elude to AED did not do my tune but they also did not want to do the tune and recommended another tuner. As far as datalogging I tried on multiple occations to get the datalogging config file from 2 of the tuners to start getting it worked on but never got them.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Talk to Eric at brook speed. He really has the auto dialed in. Car runs great. Shifts like it should.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Chris at BBR. I have a 12 (not a 13), but I had a few tunes from well know tuners and nothing comes close to my BBR tune. Others didnt shift right, shifted early, and driveability sucked. I think Chris is one of the best tuners out there and Steve and Chris are great in the customer service department. Im sure he has the 13's tunes dialed.

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
Three companies and 2 different cars with bolt on parts. My new 2013 has a Jlt, x pipe with svt mufflers. Thats it performance wise. Very simple tune. Trans tune is way off. Shifts early thru gears and surges as your coming up to speed. Then wide open it shifts at around 6500 in the 1-2 and 6200 in 2-3 shifts.
Try removing the JLT and see what happens. I know tuners can make the JLT work, but across the boards, I've read numerous stories with the JLT causing shifting issues. Several people with that experience are on this board. Maybe they'll chime in.

gtformula

Established Member
LOL I will not say for sure but some are not dialed in for the 2013's in my experience.

Im just wondering why these companies sell tunes that are odviously not right. Where is the difference in the tunes from 2012 to 2013.

Last edited:

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
I used Ortiz Performance for my 2011 Auto. Car is running great with JLT, O/R H-pipe and mufflers.

Find them on Facebook, they know their shit.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
LOl Im not going back to stock because of a tune problem. I will elude to AED did not do my tune but they also did not want to do the tune and recommended another tuner. As far as datalogging I tried on multiple occations to get the datalogging config file from 2 of the tuners to start getting it worked on but never got them.

Well there's your problem you'll never get a good tune untill its data logged an the tuner can see what's wrong to fix it. So if I were you I would be calling the tuner tomorrow an telling them to get the config file you need to get the car dialed in.

Users who are viewing this thread