Who's running NOS on thier 2V or 4v?

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
i have a dual stage nitrous works wet kit with a custom plate made to go underneath the upper plenum. i have a window switch to kick on @ 3k and shut off at 5600 rpm's. i try to run a bottle pressure of 950 to 1000 psi. although i don't have a hobbs switch right now (fuel safety switch), i'll get one before i spray it this season.

last season i broke a small piece off the #1 piston. the piston was weak (defective). i had to pay for the rebuild and went with some mahle coated pistons with lower ring settings and speed pro moly rings so it could handle a 150 shot. another thing i'll need is a 255 intank pump. the spec stage 2 clutch is in. the eibach drag launch kit is awaiting the install along with 31 spline axles and carrier.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
damn george.....you're gonna have a runner on your hands this season.
if i were you i'd roll up to the Pollard Ford service bay and purge the bullshit out of that tank for all those jerks to see and yell out "void this!!!"
-tony

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
that spec 2 isn't going to hold up ;) mine let go just a week ago from a single stage 150 shot.

Who made your plate system? I'm very interested in one.

NXSVTCOBRA

Coiled-up-GT said:
i have a dual stage nitrous works wet kit with a custom plate made to go underneath the upper plenum. i have a window switch to kick on @ 3k and shut off at 5600 rpm's.
post pix of your plate system also why do you shut off at 5600 rpms if your motor spins up to around 7k??

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
doug's right, it's just a 2v motor! nothing too fancy with the rebuild since i had to pay for it out of my own pocket. but i did go with stronger pistons and better rings, well, at least better than the stock cast crap. since i haven't put the nitrous kit back on just yet, i'll find a camera and post up some pics of the plate. it was made from an intake spacer by one of the nitrous and tuning guru's here in town. ask tony (lthl vnm), i'm sure he can vouch for him. 2 spray bars were added and run side by side. fuel on one side and the nitrous on the other. works pretty good! if you want me to, i can ask him what he would charge to make one. keep in mind this one is for a 4.6l 2v gt motor. don't know about any mach1 or cobra plates.

doug: how long were you running your spec s2? were you on slicks when it let go? i'm curious now and hope that mine don't let go becasue i paid 300 bux for it. who will cover the warranty on it?

lthl vnm: tony, you have the right idea, them bastards! i'm glad i paid for it myself instead of having them put the cast crap pistons back in. now i can run a 150 shot with a good fuel pump and tune. i wanna hear your cobra. haven't heard it since you installed the headers. peace...

NXSVTCOBRA

i thought you had a 4v my bad, i'd still like to see that set-up, im planning on modifying the 2v direct-port system to fit my motor, or going with a older direct-port system and modifying it some how, i just have to play around with it when i get a spare lower intake manifold.....

you said you are running MAHLE pistons?? are they flat-tops?? do you have P.I. heads? i have MAHLE pistons in my motor, they are a good piston from what i hear, i haven't driven my car yet, but i know a couple of people running them and they say they won't go back to a couple of other piton companies that are out there, i hear nothing but good things about them....... hell summitt stocks them now and they are $569 for 4.6/5.4 motors

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
i didn't go with the forged ones. i know i should have but i was on a budget and only wanted to run a 150 shot safely. i went with the hypereutectic COATED mahle pistons with speed pro moly rings. the builder said because of their lower ring settings is what makes them really good. i paid 295.00 for mine. another reason i didn't want the forged ones for my setup, was because i didn't want the rattle during cold startups. it should turn out pretty good, i just need a fuel pump now and a good tune. rob @ protech performance in lubbock can do some amazing work on the mod motors. he really has these things figured out pretty good. he's the one responsible for "dehoass's" mach1 running mid 11's with the da way over 5000 ft. that's also because dehoass only had exhaust and a 125 shot. consistent 11.50's @ 118 mph. not too shabby for this hot west texas weather. can't wait till this next season, these cars are really gonna be moving. there's a turbo sn95 with a 75 shot waiting to see the track this year. the goal is to run 10's on pump gas and drag radials...it will be done my friend. videos will hopefully be coming your way.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
sprayed: i used the stock rods, i regret having gone that route. i really wanted to get some forged ones at least, but like i said, i was on a budget and didn't have the money this time around.

98rick: that's kinda hard to say, considering we don't really know exactly what you want to do. are you gonna spray it, or put on a blower? if so, do what i did and get some mahle pistons with good moly rings. if you can't port the heads, port the intake at least. put in a good clutch and tweak the suspension. that should get you moving in the right direction. there's nothing wrong with building a motor on a budget, just make sure the builder knows what your going to do with the car so he'll know how to gap the rings, etc, etc,..

NXSVTCOBRA

98RICKSTANG said:
what is the cheepes safest set up that i should go with for my 98gt?and the best place to buy it?
i'd say get a wet kit, some 4.xx's gears, and spray 100 shot, once you get a little more cash to dump on it, get a chip/tune and you can bump it up to 150, i'm assuming you already have a few bolt-ons.............

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
sprayed_pony's setup sounds like a good one. for some reason, i thought you were talking about rebuilding the engine.

NXSVTCOBRA

because with a 100 shot its not required to take out any timing so he should be good, its not really necessary to run colder plugs @ 100 shot but you should do it anyways...... oh and please change your fuel filter :thumbsup:

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i'm running a zex dry kit on my thunderbird, 4.6 2V. right now i'm running a 75 shot but i plan to put in the 100hp jets as soon as it warms up enough for me to go outside and install my adjustable fpr, 190 lph fuel pump and 24 lb injectors.

ARIC7798

Established Member
Yes

I Have Ran Up To A 150 Shot On My Gt With A Stock Engine No Trouble So Far Now I Have 75 Shot For Now

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
sprayed:

here are a couple pics of my plate. excuse the crappy pics but they won't come out without the flash. also, i was running low on battery power. anyway, here you go...

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
not really, all he needs is an aluminum intake spacer at least half inch. he will drill the spacer for the custom tubes and seal them. then, he taps the tubes for the fuel and nitrous with a special drill bit calibrated for any nitrous jet sizes. everything looks professional and all tools used are special tools for nitrous setups. the jets screw in, one on each side just like they would in a nozzle. the holes are angled for the correct fuel and nitrous atomization. the fittings where the jets go, are 3an fittings just like a nozzle. mine works really well...and it's very easy to hide.

Users who are viewing this thread