Who's running NOS on thier 2V or 4v?

NXSVTCOBRA

question, you are running stock cams with a ported and polished set of heads and intake manifold on a 5.0 stroker w/ a stock MAF??

is it a 2v or 4v? what do you have for fuel?

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I sprayed a 98' Gt with an 02 motor with a 125 shot. used it every weekend at the track put down a best of 12.87 @114 on street tires hitting the gas at the 3rd gear shift.........OH by the way did I mention the car had the 02 motor because I burnt the rings in the 98' . Never spray nitrous all the way through 5th while blowing by 6 ricers all racing on the interstate.. It's just bad news all the way around

NXSVTCOBRA

SVTowner2B said:
I sprayed a 98' Gt with an 02 motor with a 125 shot. used it every weekend at the track put down a best of 12.87 @114 on street tires hitting the gas at the 3rd gear shift.........OH by the way did I mention the car had the 02 motor because I burnt the rings in the 98' . Never spray nitrous all the way through 5th while blowing by 6 ricers all racing on the interstate.. It's just bad news all the way around
you only spray in 3rd and 4th :poke:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
question, you are running stock cams with a ported and polished set of heads and intake manifold on a 5.0 stroker w/ a stock MAF??

is it a 2v or 4v? what do you have for fuel?

yup. wasn't exactly "ported and polished" more like just "polished" ;)

and yup, stock maf. and a 4.6 stroker stroked to a 5.0...sorry, lol.

4v - since it is a cobra. walbro 255 intank. stock injectors, stock lines and stock rails.

EZMachN

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
thats cool, if you ever want some good eating, shoot me a PM my family owns a restuaunt up there with some good home cooked food (you might get addicted to it) its downtown by the old scrap metal yard, the name of it is "Melton's Soul Food" look it up to get the address, i grew up out in Coaling (out in the country), and my grandma lived in McKenzie Courts for as long as i could remember, we sill have a house out in Coaling and a shit load of land too...... but a 3200 stall, 4.10's, 100 shot and a chip your car will be good to go, automatics are the shyt man i love em on spray :thumbsup: the closest tuner i know near you thats worth a shyt is in Atlanta, you probably heard of him Tim Barth, (modular powerhouse) give him a call, he may be able to send you a chip, his wife's Mach puts down a lot of power with bolt-ons and spray..... he'd love to talk to you im sure

I've heard of the place, never ate there yet. As far as chip, I have a Predator and picked up 14rwhp 27ftlbs, tuned just at a dyno day. But I'll check with Tim once I get everything done. Or might check with James at RWTD, he is good Diablo guy

NXSVTCOBRA

EZMachN said:
I've heard of the place, never ate there yet. As far as chip, I have a Predator and picked up 14rwhp 27ftlbs, tuned just at a dyno day. But I'll check with Tim once I get everything done. Or might check with James at RWTD, he is good Diablo guy

thats cool, or if you're familiar with willie figueroua the stock computer kind i have direct connection with him and can probably get you a tuned chip whenever you want one, he's a diablo guy as well.......

and its good to see my family's resturaunt is well known.... i wouldn't mind eating there now matter-of-fact, its been so long......

98RICKSTANG

Banned
question,if i have a compleatly built motor all forged and i sprayed it with say a 150 shot what whould be the thing that i would have to worry about the most if anything?do you think if i got that direct port NOZLE kit by holly that i would still have to worry about blowing the intake off?

SVTowner2B

Established Member
yeah I only sprayed 3rd and 4th....I was running 4:10's and street tires so 1st was a lost cause and I couldn't stop the car from spinning If i sprayed in 2nd.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i would worry about fuel, and as long as you don't miss a gear, you won't blow the intake off.

the welds on your intake and your floor pan....THAT's a different story.... (just kidding)

SVTowner2B

Established Member
I wish I could have thrown a set of DR's on just once before I sold the car to see what It would run spraying all the way through but never got the chance

NXSVTCOBRA

98RICKSTANG said:
question,if i have a compleatly built motor all forged and i sprayed it with say a 150 shot what whould be the thing that i would have to worry about the most if anything?do you think if i got that direct port NOZLE kit by holly that i would still have to worry about blowing the intake off?
my advice to you is........... if you're just starting out in the nitrous game, dont buy a direct port system, just buy a "fogger" type system, and spray via a nitrous nozzle, and secondly if i were you i'd start off with a 75 shot and toy around with it, so you could learn the do's and dont's of nitrous without hurting your motor, then once you're comfortable work your way up to a 150 shot, as long as you have a tune, and a good knowledge of when to spray you shouldn't have to worry about nitrous backfires, MSD makes a digital type RPM activator designed for cars like ours with multiple coil packs, pick one of those up for about $75 with a base NX kit or so (preferably wet), get tuned and you're pretty much set........

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
SVTowner2B said:
If you put a window switch in the car you wouldn't have to worry about the missed gears that much either

or learn to drive :thumbsup: just kidding. I've got one, never used it....

98RICKSTANG

Banned
SVTowner2B said:
also if your building the motor why only a 150 shot?
i dont know im kinda a consertive whan it come to my car realy cant afford to blow it up right and knowing my luck id prob blow it the first time id hit it. :burn:

SVTowner2B

Established Member
Yeah .... I know what you mean. You really shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't go overboard. If your paranoid about using it then just get the proper safety stuff.. the window switch can be set to turn it off at a certain Rpm if you were to miss a gear. I know that NX makes a fuel safety switch in case your fuel pressure drops to low. And start with small shots 50-75hp check your plugs make sure they look ok...bump it up another 25 and do the same.. you should be able to get away with 100-125 shot with no problems on a stock motor. and tons more on a built one. I also bought a steeda timing adjuster and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, timing down......fuel up.....one extremely safe nitrous set-up.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I wouldn't spray more than a 200 shot out of a single nozzle system. You start worrying about atomozation and puddling problems.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
98RICKSTANG said:
not if you use the NOZLE kit by holly ist sprays right in the chamber.

that's why included the phrase "single nozzle system". Out of curiosity, how do you like your NOSZLE kit? running a standalone fuel system or off the car's? how big of a shot?

98RICKSTANG

Banned
Doug said:
that's why included the phrase "single nozzle system". Out of curiosity, how do you like your NOSZLE kit? running a standalone fuel system or off the car's? how big of a shot?
sorry didnt know.no i dont have the kit yet was thinking about it it seems like the safest kit on the market though.

Users who are viewing this thread