Who's running NOS on thier 2V or 4v?

98RICKSTANG

Banned
was whanting to know if any body on here is running any large amounts of nos on thier motors min.100shot if so is your motor built or basicaly stock.and what is your best e/t?

NXSVTCOBRA

i am, i was running 150 shot, now im building a new high-compression motor, and plan to spray the same, and maybe an occasional 175-200 shot when i get suspension done on my car

as far stock motors, i have a friend with a 2000 2v, that ran 12.7 with 100 shot and stock gearing...... and friends that runs way deep in the 11's on 4v motors w/ gears

i personally never ran my car at the track

NXSVTCOBRA

98RICKSTANG said:
whatkinda kit were you using?and did you tank you last motor?
i'm run NX wet kits, w/ the GENX II upgrade, the last motor spun a couple of rob bearings, of the bottle, looks like lack of oil so im thinking oil pump failure or something, but yea, thats what happened spun bearings

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
i spray. 150 wet shot through an old compucar kit. no window switch, no safty stuff. just a WOT switch and a cool lighted arming switch. i usually go through about a bottle a weekend. Went through one 10lb bottle this passed weekend and borrowed a buddies pressure filled 15lber ;) 16.5lbs of nitrous in a 15lb bottle....WOO WOO!!

built motor cause i blew it up on nitrous before on a 90 shot. I've got the 175 and 200 pills sitting on my desk right here, and a direct port kit with pills all the way up to 500 sitting in my garage ;)

98RICKSTANG

Banned
Doug said:
i spray. 150 wet shot through an old compucar kit. no window switch, no safty stuff. just a WOT switch and a cool lighted arming switch. i usually go through about a bottle a weekend. Went through one 10lb bottle this passed weekend and borrowed a buddies pressure filled 15lber ;) 16.5lbs of nitrous in a 15lb bottle....WOO WOO!!

built motor cause i blew it up on nitrous before on a 90 shot. I've got the 175 and 200 pills sitting on my desk right here, and a direct port kit with pills all the way up to 500 sitting in my garage ;)
thats what im talking about!no excus!

NXSVTCOBRA

98RICKSTANG said:
thats on a stock motor?and you where hitting it with 150 shot?on a 4v?and how much is the setup?

it was a stock motor, all it had, was chip, cai, exhaust and x-pipe

yes a 4v, and i bought my kit used for $300 from a friend

NXSVTCOBRA

EZMachN said:
Which gear do you guys suggest while spraying on an Auto Mach1? 3.90 or 4.10?

all in personal preference, the more gear the better, to get you in that powerband...... but an automatic is the shyt with nitrous get a good stall converter and like some 4.30's you'll be in business :thumbsup:

EDIT:what part of tuscaloosa are you from???? i'm my dads whole side of the family is from there, i used to live there in the summertime......

Last edited by a moderator:

NXSVTCOBRA

Doug said:

and what motor is this on??? whats the specs on it?? :bored:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
vt engine 5.0 stroker rotating assembly, 10.7:1 polished heads, ported intake. stock cams, stock MAF, JTL rai and a k&n. Spec 2 clutch, tremec 3550, stock driveshaft, built rear. 150 wet compucar shot on 93 pump gas.

all my mods you can't see and i like it that way ;)

oh yeah, 1200psi bottle pressure. RED MEANS READY!!!!

Last edited:

EZMachN

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
all in personal preference, the more gear the better, to get you in that powerband...... but an automatic is the shyt with nitrous get a good stall converter and like some 4.30's you'll be in business :thumbsup:

EDIT:what part of tuscaloosa are you from???? i'm my dads whole side of the family is from there, i used to live there in the summertime......

I live near Shelton State. Moved down here 5 monthes ago, going to UA. I plan on going with a 3200 stall, 4.10's, and NX 100shot. Someone told me that 3.90's were good, so I don't smoke the tires. But I've heard only good things a/b 4.10s...Just can't decide which is best while running n20. I plan on spraying 3k-5.8k, so I'm thinking I'll need a lil more gear for the 60ft.

NXSVTCOBRA

thats cool, if you ever want some good eating, shoot me a PM my family owns a restuaunt up there with some good home cooked food (you might get addicted to it) its downtown by the old scrap metal yard, the name of it is "Melton's Soul Food" look it up to get the address, i grew up out in Coaling (out in the country), and my grandma lived in McKenzie Courts for as long as i could remember, we sill have a house out in Coaling and a shit load of land too...... but a 3200 stall, 4.10's, 100 shot and a chip your car will be good to go, automatics are the shyt man i love em on spray :thumbsup: the closest tuner i know near you thats worth a shyt is in Atlanta, you probably heard of him Tim Barth, (modular powerhouse) give him a call, he may be able to send you a chip, his wife's Mach puts down a lot of power with bolt-ons and spray..... he'd love to talk to you im sure

NXSVTCOBRA

Doug said:
vt engine 5.0 stroker rotating assembly, 10.7:1 polished heads, ported intake. stock cams, stock MAF, JTL rai and a k&n. Spec 2 clutch, tremec 3550, stock driveshaft, built rear. 150 wet compucar shot on 93 pump gas.

all my mods you can't see and i like it that way ;)

oh yeah, 1200psi bottle pressure. RED MEANS READY!!!!
:nonono: :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread