Who's running NOS on thier 2V or 4v?

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Hey Coiled Up, The Kit I Have Has Two Bars On The Plate One Right Below The Other, Because The Fuel And Nitrous Pressures Will Be Diff When The Meet In The Middle.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, it seems the nitrous pressure would push the fuel back into the fuel rail along with the nitrous?

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
TRUBLUEGT03 said:
Hey Coiled Up, The Kit I Have Has Two Bars On The Plate One Right Below The Other, Because The Fuel And Nitrous Pressures Will Be Diff When The Meet In The Middle.

i know, that's how mine is! i have two bars, NOT one. one spray bar for nitrous and the other for the fuel. it's exactly what you have and yes, it does hit harder than a regular nozzle kit. :beer:

sorry for the poor quality pics...i know it looks like one spray bar but it isn't.

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

Coiled-up-GT said:
not really, all he needs is an aluminum intake spacer at least half inch. he will drill the spacer for the custom tubes and seal them. then, he taps the tubes for the fuel and nitrous with a special drill bit calibrated for any nitrous jet sizes. everything looks professional and all tools used are special tools for nitrous setups. the jets screw in, one on each side just like they would in a nozzle. the holes are angled for the correct fuel and nitrous atomization. the fittings where the jets go, are 3an fittings just like a nozzle. mine works really well...and it's very easy to hide.
negative ghost rider........ with the design of the intake on the 4v nitrous/ fuel will not get distibuted evenly :bash:

NXSVTCOBRA

Doug said:
yeah, it seems the nitrous pressure would push the fuel back into the fuel rail along with the nitrous?
remember its going into the lower intake manifold, its kinda like a vacuum so it wont "push it back in"

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
your probably right, i've never seen the runners of a 4v cobra intake. the guy that made my plate usually drills the back side of the mach1's upper intake and inserts a shark nozzle...(about 2 to 3 inches behind the t/body).

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
remember its going into the lower intake manifold, its kinda like a vacuum so it wont "push it back in"

i misunderstood the conversation. I was thinking it was just one bar, with nitrous coming in on one side, and fuel coming in on the other.

there is one guy on the corral from alaBAMA that is experimenting with turning the IMRC plates in a plate system. I sent him a couple PMs and told him I was very interested in his work. But have yet to recieve a reply....

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, that would work well. The owner of modular4v.com did that on a cobra said he made a LOT of money that way cause all the solenoids were hidden, the lines were run up the back of the motor, and was completely hidden. They had a 200 shot in it with just a regular dry 75 shot. They'd entice people to race thinking they only had a 75 then hit them with the big stage :D

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I've been running nitrous on a 4v for a couple of years. First year on a stock motor with a 100 shot in a convertible, ran 11.5 at 3000 feet. Second year, ran a 10.77 on a 150 shot on a built motor. This is in a 3500 lb convertible, street car. I hope to run 10.50 this year with all the safety stuff on the same motor, then I'm going turbo plus nitrous by this summer.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread