Who's from Iowa?

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Its still cutting out, I called lund up the other day and we came to an idea it might be the aftermarket coils. But the thing is I dont remember where I put those sob stockers at.

zeus201

Established Member
Sucks aftermarket coils may be the issue. Tell what also blows all this rain, can't drive the car with damn DR. Need to swap to something else ones next year.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Yeah aint that the truth got nitto dr on, if I take it easy they do all right but once I goose it Iam sideways. Found some gms coils Iam going to try to get those and swap them out for those and see. U fix ur x pipe yet, LOL.

zeus201

Established Member
Nope, been waiting for the rain to stop so that I can take it down to Lund's' and have everything welded. I haven't driven the car in days know, going to try to take it out tonight.

03snkvert

Established Member
I just talked to my buddy and he said he could put some tack welds on after work tomorrow night or Sat but he is leaving for Chicago on Sunday. I wouldn't want the exhaust to be welded up full because if you ever want to take it apart it would suck. We could adjust it where it needs to be and then put 2 or 3 good tacks on it.

Give me a call if you want to do this so I can plan for it. It will cost a lot less than lunds (maybe a 12pk for the welder). Tightening up the X with some lock tight shouldn't be a problem either. When I was working on my Tahoe last night I found my Red Thread Locker.

Corey

zeus201

Established Member
I found out that Iowa Speedway is having a car show / drag strip will be open this Sunday. I am going for sure and perhaps might toss the car in the show. I haven't decided if I'm going to run the car down the strip. However I think if people aren't doing anything that day we should all meet up and down together.

Ryan

03snkvert

Established Member
This sounds like it could be kind of fun! What are the times and costs for the show?

zeus201

Established Member
Car Show
Admissions: $10
Actually Show: 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Drag Racing
Admissions: $20
Tech: 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Drag Races 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.

Heres the link as well: http://www.iowaspeedway.com/pdfs/dns.pdf

I'm for sure going. The people Lund's are also going which will be cool to see Chris run.

03snkvert

Established Member
I am thinking I will probably go! Have to discuss with the Wife and make sure we don't have anything else planned. I may even put the car in the show even though the fender is a little dark, we'll see.

If we do this we could meet in Altoona and roll to Newton!

Corey

03snkvert

Established Member
^^^ They are slowly starting to funnel in! Good to see more guys from Iowa on here!

JimBobWay

Established Member
I'm in AZ now but am interviewing for a job this Monday in Cedar Rapids. Hopefully, I'll be transplanting there soon.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Well I wont make it to iowa speedway, I just vented my block. It was a good run though, LOL. Time to put the build block in now!

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
If anyone know where a stock 5.4 short block is, PLEASE, let me know. I had to show a firebird formula how a farm truck does it. Those nitto dr's sure as s*@t hooked with 36 pounds of air in them.

Users who are viewing this thread