Who's from Iowa?

zeus201

Established Member
The time has come for winter storage. :( I can't wait till next spring when I fire it up again!!!

Anybody else storing their cars or actually going to drive their car during the winter?

03snkvert

Established Member
I actually drove mine today, but the days are numbered!!

Then it will get tucked away in the garage.

zeus201

Established Member
It'd be a decent day to drive the car. It'll be about 50 degrees which is always a plus for making a little more power. I know mine "felt" a little stronger, but I never really got into it because the tires wouldn't hook with the cold road.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I took mine out for a little cruise a couple nights ago. Always feels a lot stronger when it's this cold... but I can't hook at all. These Goodyears break loose punching it at 35-40 in a straight line.

The worst part is, they don't make a single chirp most of the time. If they're making any noise at all, I can't hear it over the exhaust and whining.

I'll have mine out again tonight. Going to hang out with some friends on the south side. Once I see snow or rain in the forecast though, that's probably it for this year. Already got Sta-bil in the tank.

03snkvert

Established Member
Last year I put mine away the 1st of Oct. but this year I paid the insurance (due october 1st) and I am glad that I have been able to drive it until now. I am thinking I probably wont drive it as much because it is only about 36 degrees when I leave for work, but like Skrap the first sign or snow or salt it will left safely in the garage.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
What a weird f'n night. I almost get in a fight pulling off my street onto SE 14th... some guy's truck died as he was pulling into traffic. I went to go around him, saw there were too many cars coming, so I backed up to wait for them to go by. He gets out and starts yelling for me to go around him and starts coming back to my truck all puffed up like he wanted to brawl. I unbuckled my seatbelt and started opening my door, and he went around the other side of my truck and started walking off down the sidewalk, yelling and screaming the whole way.

Then I pulled out onto SE 14th, hit a stop light and looked beside me to see a taurus wagon with like 8-9 Amish people in it. Two teenage-looking guys were crammed in the hatch and staring at me.

Surreal night. I wonder if my wife's been feeding me paint chips.

zeus201

Established Member
The car is officially stored. Sucks considering the nice weather expected this weekend, but knowing my luck it would snow when I do take it down. This is going to be the longest six monthes.

03snkvert

Established Member
I cleaned up my Tahoe this weekend and will probably start driving it, but who to say on a nice day (as long as they haven't put salt down) I may take it out for a drive.

Corey

Skrapmetal

Established Member
It's beautiful out right now. Sunny, and warm enough for a t-shirt.

Hard not to get it back out.

zeus201

Established Member
I've thinking about selling the car for a while and now I'm testing the waters to see if there is any interest. I'd like to keep the sale local. Just like to perhaps free up some money and then try to get a 03/04 instead. I'll probably regret this, but at this time I think it is a good idea.

If you know anybody who wants an ultra clean and well maintained Cobra with basically everything new, just pm me. I have it listed in the marketplace for $19,000 obo. The car is in storage right now.

Here's the link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434969

03snkvert

Established Member
I would try and talk you out of it but, I LOVE my '03, except for the damn wheel hop :fm: I got mine un-molested, even down to the stock air box, and didn't have to worry about anyone hacking it together before me!

zeus201

Established Member
Well it's still up the air, but if I can get price I want, I'll probably end up going through with it and regret it till the day I die. I

However, if a 10th anniversary edition vert ever got into a price which would be feasible, I'd for sure pick up. I love the red inserts!!!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
There's always regret... until you get something cooler. :)

I've been really fighting myself, I keep thinking about selling my L and picking up a C5 z06.

03snkvert

Established Member
I thought I would have regrets when I sold my Camaro after all the work I did, but I don't miss it all that much. Every once in a while I miss how loud it was!

eddyville3.jpg

eddyville1.jpg

ENGINE.jpg

100_0029.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0050.jpg

100_0052.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0054.jpg

car71605006.jpg

car71605007.jpg

car71605008.jpg

car71605010.jpg

car71605011.jpg

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That's a beautiful camaro.

I missed my Splash when I sold it. I'd always had aspirations of doing a 5.0 swap or buying a 6# kit Vortech made for it, but I sold it during a moment of stoner genius; I thought it would be the coolest thing ever to not have to work if I didn't have a payment. I sold it less than a year before it was paid off. I quit smoking that stuff shortly after and got a real job. I always dreamed about buying a black L and painting it to match what the Splash had looked like, but now that I have one I don't want the stripes.

This is the only picture of it that I have left:

kaneandsplashbh4.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
There's always regret... until you get something cooler. :)

I've been really fighting myself, I keep thinking about selling my L and picking up a C5 z06.

That'd be cool too, but aftermarket parts for Z06 are way to expensive and beyond my budget. Cobra parts seem to be a lot cheaper.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That'd be cool too, but aftermarket parts for Z06 are way to expensive and beyond my budget. Cobra parts seem to be a lot cheaper.

If I got one, it'd sit stock until it was paid off. Even then, I doubt I'd do too much. Intake/headers/exhaust... cam maybe.

03snkvert

Established Member
Yeah, I told myself I wouldn't do anything to my car until it was paid off! That lasted about a week, Then I said I wouldn't pulley it until it was paid off! Now I have the 4pc idler kit setting in my garage waiting for the Supercharger pullies.

Thanks for the words on the camaro. When I bought that car the guy before me had it all cobbled up and it took me a while to straighten it out and then I found rust in the quarters. So that car had New Fenders, lower valance, header panel, quarter, inner quarters and new rear lower valance. I also blew it up right before I tore in apart, built a new motor for it and had and issue with it and had to build it again (that sucked, Ryan saw the lovely cam setting in my garage with about 14 of the lobes wore off), and when it was all done, I traded it and got the Cobra. I am sure the guy that bought it was kind of pissed after a while because when I found the Cobra my car wasn't totally done, and I had thrown some things together so I could finally drive it after 4 or 5 years of work.

Skrap: that little splash looked like a nice little truck, I am sure we have all had those brilliant moments. :beer: I know I have, but never sold a vehicle for them. A c5 zo6 would be a pretty fun car stock, light weight and good power. The lightnings are nice I just don't like the fact that they are Autos and so Heavy, they have a lot of potential though.

Corey

Users who are viewing this thread