Who will win? Procharged 96 cobra vs. 03 pullied cobra

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Another for drivers race. Does he have any weight reduction? Gonna be a good run but like others have said, your ride runs like a mean bitch in heat!

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
The 96 is going to win. A VERT pullied Cobra is going to get raped, car is a land yacht, MOST 03 drivers eat sandwiches & read newspapers in between shifts,, they heat soak so they are generally slower than what they dyno, etc etc.

My friend's 02 GT with an S Trim & cams stomped out nearly every pullied Cobra he ever raced when it was a stock motor car, except for one Cobra with long tubes and no passenger he ran one night. Here is how it went with him and my friend's Procharged 97 Cobra that made 422 rwhp at the time.

Vortech 02 Mustang GT vs Procharged 97 Cobra II - Car Videos on StreetFire

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Thanks man i will say it runs extremely well for what it is....whats done to your cobra?

I'm in the process of an eaton swap, it should be done by spring time.
I see that you and a few other members are in southern ohio, maybe we could meet up at some point.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
The 96 is going to win. A VERT pullied Cobra is going to get raped, car is a land yacht, MOST 03 drivers eat sandwiches & read newspapers in between shifts,, they heat soak so they are generally slower than what they dyno, etc etc.

My friend's 02 GT with an S Trim & cams stomped out nearly every pullied Cobra he ever raced when it was a stock motor car, except for one Cobra with long tubes and no passenger he ran one night. Here is how it went with him and my friend's Procharged 97 Cobra that made 422 rwhp at the time.

Vortech 02 Mustang GT vs Procharged 97 Cobra II - Car Videos on StreetFire

So ur friends 422rwhp GT has beat every pullied cobra minus a LT car? Did those other Cobra know he was racing? I have a upper pullied Cobra making 446rwhp in humid 98 degree NC heat and I am sure I can beat 422rwhp GT from a dig or roll. Only other mods is CAI and BAP. What was his 1/4 time and trap speed on that setup?

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Okay just noticed the 97 cobra made 422rwhp and the GT making 431rwhp. Still think he shouldn't be rapping pullied Cobras?

Last edited:

CobraKid04

Established Member
You'll win and if you switch drivers and drive the pullied cobra you'll also win lol.:burnout: Good luck let us know how it goes.

This....

gods speed to the 03 driver haha.

any vids of said 03 cobra...

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
300+# advantage coupled with 4.10's and solid hp through the rev range, my vote is for the 96. Now if the terminator was a coupe with 3.90's then it'd be for the terminator.

corysmach1

Established Member
300+# advantage coupled with 4.10's and solid hp through the rev range, my vote is for the 96. Now if the terminator was a coupe with 3.90's then it'd be for the terminator.

My car is a tad heavier than factory with the charger and chrome fr500s 18s......still a 250 pound weight advantage.

musclefan21

Established Member
:lol: you'll take the win

What is so funny? I have layed the smack on two different vortech blown 98 cobras in my pulley only cobra. Both had decent drivers behind the wheel. one of them had 440rwhp and the other one 483hp.

I love it when people under estimate these pullied cobras...

corysmach1

Established Member
What is so funny? I have layed the smack on two different vortech blown 98 cobras in my pulley only cobra. Both had decent drivers behind the wheel. one of them had 440rwhp and the other one 483hp.

I love it when people under estimate these pullied cobras...

I believe you. My 96 is not as fast as my 03 was.....my 03 made real good numbers and ran extremely hard. This car does run good so we will see what happens.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I say flip a coin. From a dig I think you'll win if traction isn't a big issue. From a roll a drivers race.

musclefan21

Established Member
I believe you. My 96 is not as fast as my 03 was.....my 03 made real good numbers and ran extremely hard. This car does run good so we will see what happens.

I just find it funny because everyone in this thread look only numbers and have no experience. people forget the fact that average hp per rpm is what matters, in other way, powerband. it is very common for a pullied cobra to beat a car that makes more power than itself.

I ran against friends 440rwhp 98 vortech cobra at least 10 times and not even once he stayed with me let alone beating me. I just recently ran against friends 98 vortech cobra which made 483rwhp and i think 400~rwtq (not sure about the tq) and he ran 11.7 and I ran 11.4 at track. He can drive is car very well and cut a better 60' than I did. I even trapped 1mph higher than his best trap.
I am sure your ride is quick, but if the pullied cobra is running healthy and driver can drive, you will have your hands full.

Walking away from a pullied cobra requires a lot of power. there is a couple car difference max between ported cobras vs non ported.

I have tested my pullied cobra against pretty much anything and I speak from an experience, unlike the bench racers in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread