Who will win? Procharged 96 cobra vs. 03 pullied cobra

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Yea I would hate to have to run my car in the middle of summer down here... yesterday was 70 degrees at 5pm in dec wtf lol

BStowers023

Established Member
Yea I would hate to have to run my car in the middle of summer down here... yesterday was 70 degrees at 5pm in dec wtf lol

Yeah I wasn't displeased with the weather conditions for running my car (knowing it could be much worse) but damn! 87% humidity....wtf!?!?!

Oh well, we will go back in january when your car is up and running :beer:

musclefan21

Established Member
You said your hoping to trap 125-126.....my car will not trap that.

well SRA + slicks and skinnies will drop a good weight off of my car, so I expect to trap high like that. just because your car doesnt see a 125mph at track doesnt mean it wont run that strong from a roll. It is also an estimate, it may not be 100% accurate. I trapped 123 as it is with stock wheels, IRS and stock clutch, so I am thinking i could pick up 2-3mph from the saved weight and grabbing clutch.:beer:

corysmach1

Established Member
well SRA + slicks and skinnies will drop a good weight off of my car, so I expect to trap high like that. just because your car doesnt see a 125mph at track doesnt mean it wont run that strong from a roll. It is also an estimate, it may not be 100% accurate. I trapped 123 as it is with stock wheels, IRS and stock clutch, so I am thinking i could pick up 2-3mph from the saved weight and grabbing clutch.:beer:

I agree with you it will trap that....just saying my car isnt that fast. Ill try a couple things to make it a decent race.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Yeah I wasn't displeased with the weather conditions for running my car (knowing it could be much worse) but damn! 87% humidity....wtf!?!?!

Oh well, we will go back in january when your car is up and running :beer:

Yea with that mph better watch out for them pullied cobras :p

BStowers023

Established Member

Dude this is completely off-topic, but that cat in your avatar has eyes like the oregon ducks logo :shrug:

I thought I would point that out. :-D

musclefan21

Established Member
I agree with you it will trap that....just saying my car isnt that fast. Ill try a couple things to make it a decent race.

it will be a decent race :beer:

Dude this is completely off-topic, but that cat in your avatar has eyes like the oregon ducks logo :shrug:

I thought I would point that out. :-D

:lol1:

HnyBadger

Established Member

I didn't pick up any mph with skinnies

musclefan21

Established Member
I gained no et with skinnies and my stock wheels with tires was almost 50lbs

it doesnt make sense as you are removing about 80-100~lbs off of the car, on top of that less weight, better rotattion, plus with skinnies, less contact with ground, better roll.

Just doesn't make sense to gain nothing at all...:shrug:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
it doesnt make sense as you are removing about 80-100~lbs off of the car, on top of that less weight, better rotattion, plus with skinnies, less contact with ground, better roll.

Just doesn't make sense to gain nothing at all...:shrug:

The weight off of the car helps. Unless the car was run with the exact same conditions, it isn't an accurate comparison. With the 03/04 Cobra's, any weight off of the front end is helpful.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Skinnies on a cobra helps a ton with 60ft. You can drop as much as 25-40#'s or more(big 18+" chromes to skinnies maybe even 50lbs)

Those plus a truefiber/light hood, and rear battery swap are nice ways to drop roughly 80+#'s off the front end. Again if you had big 18+ chrome replicas you could shave 100#'s with those 3 mods.

Throw in a light cai, take off the blower shroud, etc, and the fog lamp assemblys as well and you can get a cobra down to roughly 53% front 47% rear which then obviously launches a ton better.

With full exhaust you'll drop about 10-15#'s or more depending on the kit, and flsc will just help while adding weight at the best possible place; sprung low slung center of gravity. Coupled with exhaust weight loss in the same area the added weight is negligible.

These chassis respond well to just those mods with a pulley and tune with slicks. It's no wonder that set like that with a short throw and 4.10's coupled with a ported blower that IRS cars have hit high 10's. Everyone always shrinks 10 second performance because of all the monsters running single digit but nonetheless; 10's is fast as hell, especially with only 3-5k in mods (and labor). 9/10 cars will never even run 10's consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread