Who makes the best windshield wiper?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I usually get the Rain-X blades.

Reminds me of the early Terminator days on Stangnet. User by the name of Kilgore Trout had an anniversary model Terminator and listed Bosch Icon wiper blades as one of his mods. :D

U.M.
Holy crap I remember that.

A member on another forum I used to be on had a brass rotor listed as a mod. For the distributor, not the brakes.

I had Rain X on my truck before and they worked pretty well. I couldn't find another set before heading east so I went with Bosch as I had good luck with them in the past. Apparently something changed as they started chattering bad in a rain storm in New Mexico. Thankfully I don't need them much at home.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
On my daily, I use the RainX window treatment. At highway speeds, day or night, and even on 45mph surface streets, the water beads right up, you don't even need to turn them on! Stop and go, or low speed driving, at most I only need to use the "intermittent" setting. I also apply it to the wiper blades. When the application is fresh, it lasts about a month. Also, use their brand of washer fluid too.
My windshield is ceramic coated (about 14 months old now) and rain beads right up as you've experienced with RainX. I like you idea of applying RainX to the wiper blade itself.

Blown 89

Established Member
Old thread but don't buy complete blades. Buy the replacement rubber strips and crimp them back in. You can get strips for a few dollars a pair. I bought silicone strips in bulk a few years back and i think they were around $2 a pair.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Old thread but don't buy complete blades. Buy the replacement rubber strips and crimp them back in. You can get strips for a few dollars a pair. I bought silicone strips in bulk a few years back and i think they were around $2 a pair.

Is there a crimping tool? How do you re crimp them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blown 89

Established Member
Is there a crimping tool? How do you re crimp them?

All of my cars have that style retention mechanism except my Volt which has some proprietary GM bullshit that requires me removing an end cap and wrestling with the replacement.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Bosch ICONS for about 4-5yrs so far on my daily and still work like new. I don't polish the windshield or use rain x either. Shit, I hardly even wash the thing. If you don't try to drag them across an icy windshield, they'll last.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

All of my cars have that style retention mechanism except my Volt which has some proprietary GM bullshit that requires me removing an end cap and wrestling with the replacement.

Well shoot, that’s not hard or difficult at all!

Users who are viewing this thread