who is the best?

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
My question is, Who is the best tuner in the US? Now I'm not looking for local favorite shops or your buddy that has a shop. I want to know who the BEST is.

TRBO VNM

Dude, really? you think there is or could be just one that any of us could say is the best? Do you realize how many different answers you are going to get from people who think theirs is the best? But yet, they have never used all the others?

I know of some that I would consider very qualified at what they do, but I and nobody can really claim 1 being the best in the country.

you should change your question and if you really are looking for the best in the country, the thread should just be locked.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Well, there isn't really one "BEST" tuner.

Some really good tuners are Bob Kurgan, and Jon Lund. There are a bunch of tuners that are phenomenal.

GodStang

Established Member
There is actually a group of tuners that all work together across the US. If they have problems they call each other. They have their own shops but help each other out. There are a lot of real good tuners out there but many many many more that are a joke.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
Ok let me rephrase the question for you so some of you can understand it a little better. Who is the best tuner for a 03/04 cobra, the one that other tuners look at as the one that knows his shit. I have seen the name krugan pop up a lot. And as for no one best tuner, all I can say is "Dude, really?" Seems kinda funny that there is a best for everything else in life except tuners. Way to add to a thread TV

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you asking for the name of a top tuner that YOU can use? Not sure why you're asking the question. You'd be better off asking for some names of great, proven tuners. Other than that, my answer is pretty much the same as the responses above. There are a number of great tuners out there. But I couldn't possibly name one of them as being THE top tuner. I'd be very comfortable working with any one those whom I consider a skilled and exception tuner.

GodStang

Established Member
There are a few that are really good yes. One single no. The problem you have is you have people coming out of the wood works saying their tuner is bad ass because they tuned an eaton or they tuned a low boost twin screw on a stock motor. That does not mean they are truly good. It means they can tune an easy setup. What makes them good is can they tune any combination even if it is the first time they have ever seen that combo. Also many tuners use the SAME tune for every combo of car and the people think they have a good tune when in reality they don't.

Who's the best of the best for terminators?
Tim who use to be at MPH
Eric Brooks at Brooks Speed
John Lund
HPHerman
Bob Kurgan

These people are all great. When I think of the best of the best this is who I think of.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ok let me rephrase the question for you so some of you can understand it a little better. Who is the best tuner for a 03/04 cobra, the one that other tuners look at as the one that knows his shit. I have seen the name krugan pop up a lot. And as for no one best tuner, all I can say is "Dude, really?" Seems kinda funny that there is a best for everything else in life except tuners. Way to add to a thread TV

Yea..dude really!

How does one go about determining who the best is?
Who is going to do that? YOU?
Why don't you go get a tune from each of the top guys listed above and then figure out a way to tell which tune was actually the best and report back in this thread.

We aren't dodging the question just to piss you off, it is next to impossible to make that determination.
You would have to be a top tier tuner yourself to even do the eval.

And then even in that scenario why would you not try to be the very best yourself??

I submit that you really don't need "the very best" and you should be happy and confident with "one of the best".

Who makes the best hot dogs in the country?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
stupid%20question.jpg

on a more serious note i agree with the majority. to say one tuner is the "best" is near impossible. Composing a list of say maybe the Top 10 tuners would be more realistic.

Last edited:

JymBart

Established Member
Add Horsepower By Hermann to the "One Of The Best List" But your question isn't a easy one to answer or one anyone can easily say who top dog is. Why not be thankful like many of us that there are several good choices?
JymBart

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
This thread is cracking me up. How can anyone determine who the best is. There are alot of great tuners out there and it just depends where you live and how far you want to travel to go to one of them. Just do alot of research and ask other Cobra owners who they recomend and choose one and go get your car tuned and enjoy. Also don't be afraid to ask the tuner questions. Every tuner that was mentioned above is very reputable and my car was tuned by one of them and I am very happy with my tune.

GodStang

Established Member
I have been to many different tuners with my setup and left many without my car even running or barely running because they could not tune it. That is one way to tell if they are good or not. My setup is more wild than most and it took a great tuner to get it spot on.

Like I said people will claim their tuner is great and they may be at stock or near stock cars but when it gets to the wild setups they can not even hang. That is what separates the boys from the men.

boatcop1

Established Member
from the ones ive heard of

HPHerman
Bob Kurgan
Rick @ Amazon
Chris @ EFI
VMP

Pretty much this,

I dont see why this is such a stupid question. Simple really, based on experience, word of mouth, reputation, quality of work, body of work etc! these are some of the names of tuners who meet that criteria, so if it comes to tuning i would say these guys and a few more are "the best".

Does anyone disagree with these names? i doubt it!

/thread

GodStang

Established Member
Does anyone disagree with these names? i doubt it!

/thread

I do and I can name about 20 other mad customers that also disagree but I am not here to bash tuners. Like I said many tuners can tune a simple near stock car. When you cam a car and the tuner can't tune it then THEY SHOULD NOT BE ON THE LIST FOR TOP TUNERS PERIOD. The question is top tuners not tuners that advertise the most and people know their name.

I am leaving now before this thread gets deleted because of unauthorized vendor naming. I have spent tons of money at different tuners traveling trying to get a tune and left with nothing. From tuners that have been named in this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread