Who is still running the original cooling fan?

svt2ner

Established Member
Mine took a shit today, heard a loud snap, like a tree branch breaking as I was turning into my driveway. Blades were rubbing the shroud and making tapping noises so I think its done.

daydark

Established Member
Mine took a shit today, heard a loud snap, like a tree branch breaking as I was turning into my driveway. Blades were rubbing the shroud and making tapping noises so I think its done.

Similar thing happened to me. I replaced the whole fan assembly (stock). I looked, but wasn't able to find a plug-n-play aftermarket solution. Steve at Tousley got a stock assembly to me for $100 cheaper than my local dealer quoted me.

I have 71k on my stock fan. Man I remember about 3 years ago when I bought an 03-04 fan for my 01 Cobra from Tousley for $160 shipped. Now I see they are over $200 every where.

svt2ner

Established Member
I don't think that's the right one. According to Motorcraft.com the part numbers are the following:

OE cross reference number 1R3Z 8C607 AA
Motorcraft part# RF166

That price seemed too good to be true.

If thats the case then the fan I have in there now is wrong also, Which means its been replaced before. Ill know when I pull it out on Friday or Saturday. I just know that the fan in my car now looks exactly as pictured on go-part. The one for our cars shown on tousley looks different from what I have.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If thats the case then the fan I have in there now is wrong also, Which means its been replaced before. Ill know when I pull it out on Friday or Saturday. I just know that the fan in my car now looks exactly as pictured on go-part. The one for our cars shown on tousley looks different from what I have.

Let us know if it works,pretty inexpensive replacement.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
stock fan here.....except my car only has 11k on it lol

however my tuner said he has seen quite a few 03/04 cobra's have the issue with fan's failing.....so you are not in the minority.

knife13

Established Member
mine has 23k on it and the stock fan failed a few weeks ago. Cost me $800 bucks at the stealership to get it fixed, had no choice because it is my DD and it died on my way back to work from lunch causing the coolant tank to boil over. If it goes out again, is there any direct bolt-on aftermarket fans anyone is running?

mine has 23k on it and the stock fan failed a few weeks ago. Cost me $800 bucks at the stealership to get it fixed, had no choice because it is my DD and it died on my way back to work from lunch causing the coolant tank to boil over. If it goes out again, is there any direct bolt-on aftermarket fans anyone is running?

Oh man that is such a rip off. Honestly you should have done the work yourself and got a rental car for about 2 days and called out sick for 2 days. Taking the fan off is such a piece of cake and you can even do it with the radiator on the car. That dealership should be ashamed of itself for how bad it robbed you. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread