Who is making the most power N/A on shortblock?

5.0GT

Established Member
There was a thread of a dark blue one made over 500whp+ over here. It might be the same 522whp you guys were talking about.

It was fairly simple, its got Kooks Longtubes, JLT CAI, Stock GT Intake Manifold, FTW Race Fuel and JPC Custom Tune.

All of which is available through us.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? How much did it weigh?

5.0GT

Established Member
Thats a built shortblock I believe the OP was asking about a stock shortblock.

I don't believe stock was mentioned, but I think this costs half a FI induction kit so it's not bad if you ask me. I don't know how much tuning would it require!

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
What type of weight reduction was done to hit 9's?

She weighted 3030 when she ran the 9.97 and had the built motor. With the sealed coyote stock motor she weighted around 2900-3000 when she went 10.29

Ah, you're referring to flywheel horsepower. Makes a lil more sense.

No, we are refering to rear wheel horsepower.

So that's 500 flywheel hp right ? I wanna know what you sell that will yield me 500rwhp , I already have boss intake , Jlt cai, off road h pipe no cats , axle back , 47lb. Injectors , AED tuned for e85

No, its rear wheel horsepower.

Many changes need to be made to reduce the losses found in the drivetrain and many hours of tuning and testing went into the car. If your interested in doing something similar we can always set your car up the way we set up this car.

Why didnt you go with the boss intake? Just curious? Im sure you have a reason.

It's a sealed coyote stock motor for the NMRA class.

A set of LT's and TB would probably gain you a bit, other than that, cams would probably be the next thing. One of the mags made pretty crazy gains with a set of stage 3 comp cams. That all together would probably get you over the 500whp NA mark.

With our N/A package you can get a good bit over 500rwhp in a very streetable form.

There was a thread of a dark blue one made over 500whp+ over here. It might be the same 522whp you guys were talking about.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? How much did it weigh?

When it went 9.97 it weighed 3030 and when she went 10.29 (with the sealed engine) she weighted 2900-3000 (didnt get a chance to weight it).

5.0GT

Established Member
She weighted 3030 when she ran the 9.97 and had the built motor. With the sealed coyote stock motor she weighted around 2900-3000 when she went 10.29

No, we are refering to rear wheel horsepower.

No, its rear wheel horsepower.

Many changes need to be made to reduce the losses found in the drivetrain and many hours of tuning and testing went into the car. If your interested in doing something similar we can always set your car up the way we set up this car.

It's a sealed coyote stock motor for the NMRA class.

With our N/A package you can get a good bit over 500rwhp in a very streetable form.

When it went 9.97 it weighed 3030 and when she went 10.29 (with the sealed engine) she weighted 2900-3000 (didnt get a chance to weight it).

Is there a link for the full build in details, or could you please share what was done to reach that weight? You answered it but I need to ask again LTH, CAI, race fuel(?) and a tune, that's it!?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Is there a link for the full build in details, or could you please share what was done to reach that weight? You answered it but I need to ask again LTH, CAI, race fuel(?) and a tune, that's it!?

Yes, I did forget to mention the ID72 Injectors, Steeda water pump pully and ATI balancer if you want to get technical. If your interested in getting your car tuned by us on FTW we can work something out (but its going to need to be brought to our shop and done on the dyno).

The engine is a sealed crate engine, with caps over the bolts.

As far as the weight of the car is concerned your more then welcome to come take a look at the car to see what's there and whats not. We're not going to give a complete list on the cars modifications as it does race in a VERY competitive heads up class and giving away the info on the car would compromise it.

I will however tell you that the car is a race car and not a street car by any stretch.

IMG_0578.jpg

230517_479664025397514_962351962_n.jpg

401423_479663712064212_554092803_n.jpg

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
It was fairly simple, its got Kooks Longtubes, JLT CAI, Stock GT Intake Manifold, FTW Race Fuel and JPC Custom Tune.

All of which is available through us.

So the Coyote Stock motor in that car @ 2900# went 10.29 @ 130 Is that what you are saying made 500 rwhp? Just clarifying.

I know stock class racers can do a lot to make an efficient drive line. Heck, even correcting drive line geometry can help get power to the ground better. I expected 510-525 flywheel horse power to run 130 mph @ that weight. So you guys are getting it done. Very nice :beer:

What kind of gains have you guys had with aftermarket cams in stock long block coyote motors?

86merc

Established Member
This

And why did you choose to stay with the stock manifold?

In the NMRA Coyote Stock class they are required to run the stock intake And are limited on other "bolt ons" they can uses in the class.

Here is a pic I took off their facebook page. You can see the cap on the intake manifold bolt. Showing it is a factory sealed motor.

548372_479664142064169_1362408964_n.jpg

But to be clear, when it ran 10.29 it was not in 100% Coyote Stock trim. Less weight, different fuel and tune. Probably along with things that JPC may have changed. Damn impressive none the less.

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Man, 500rw N/A would be a fun car but with race fuel not exactly DD friendly.

So what is reasonably achievable on pump gas? 450-475rw?

In a Auto Car we made 496 i think, Heads, Cams, Boss Intake with Headers and CAI.

Stick Car made 507 with the same mods

Always go E85:shrug:

E85 would be a great option.

E85 isn't offered everywhere so not streetable for everyone.

You can run these combos on 93 Pump, just need to be careful with the tune up. Both of the cars i mentioned above ran on pump gas.

what difference in dyno c10 vs ftw ?

C10 is Unleaded Race gas its a Motor Octane of 96 and research octane of 104. They have all the details on VPs website

FTW is oxygenated e85. Its real big in the import world. its pretty wicked stuff. I dont know too many details on it since its pretty new and they are being some what limited on what they say about it so its not copied. just so everyone knows FTW is very expensive but its bad ass for sure. This not a fuel you are going to run everytime you go to the track unless you have cubic money.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We gained 40rwhp when we switched fuels and added a tune.

We've seen huge gains on boosted cars though, somewere around 70rwhp. It's some pretty wild stuff and it's only available through us and a few other vendors.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
So the Coyote Stock motor in that car @ 2900# went 10.29 @ 130 Is that what you are saying made 500 rwhp? Just clarifying.

I know stock class racers can do a lot to make an efficient drive line. Heck, even correcting drive line geometry can help get power to the ground better. I expected 510-525 flywheel horse power to run 130 mph @ that weight. So you guys are getting it done. Very nice :beer:

What kind of gains have you guys had with aftermarket cams in stock long block coyote motors?

It actually tipped the scale at a bit over 3000

Yes we have spent alot of time getting the rear suspension dialed in. Proper angles will go a LONG LONG way as you said.

I just posted a min ago that we have hit over 500 on a Stock short block with heads and cams. How ever that was only with the stage 1 heads. We have not run the stage II stuff on a stock short block NA

Users who are viewing this thread