Who has bid or bought on BaT?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Make a bid you are comfortable with now that you have seen it. It someone outbids you, move on.
Thanks, that's exactly my thought. I debated on waiting until it's close to auction ending.

Unfortunately, someone might pay crazy money for it. I'd probably get it repainted one day if I bought it. The body needs work.

He posted up a video showing the dent on the hood. But nothing on all the other big scratches or touch up paint areas.

I almost feel bad for not mentioning anything in the comments, but I don't want to piss off the seller in case I make a deal....

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck with the auction. I'll be keeping my eye on it. This car has a lot going for it. Now that you've seen it in person, you'll comfortably know when you hit your max bid.

I bought a 92 coupe a few years ago after selling my 91 coupe back in 2005. I'm still blown away at the amount of attention I get when I take it on the weekends. You simply don't see these cars anymore. Good luck!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck with the auction. I'll be keeping my eye on it. This car has a lot going for it. Now that you've seen it in person, you'll comfortably know when you hit your max bid.

I bought a 92 coupe a few years ago after selling my 91 coupe back in 2005. I'm still blown away at the amount of attention I get when I take it on the weekends. You simply don't see these cars anymore. Good luck!
It definitely does have a lot going for it. I personally would probably have to get it repainted at some point if I bought it. Unfortunately the seller hasn't taken good pictures of this stuff.

I get crazy amounts of attention in my 90 coupe compared to my 03 cobra. It's crazy!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone used to say how easy it was to find a Foxbody. Now clean ones are gold. I’m glad I have 2 special ones.
Any results of this sale? I haven’t checked yet.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everyone used to say how easy it was to find a Foxbody. Now clean ones are gold. I’m glad I have 2 special ones.
Any results of this sale? I haven’t checked yet.
-J
It's at $9850 with 2 days to go.

tistan

Established Member
It's at $9850 with 2 days to go.
I'd be surprised if that car gets $15k. It isn't super low miles. It's not completely stock. It's been repainted by the previous owner, but already has scratches in the paint, meaning someone didn't take care of it. If it has been repainted, then why does it have a nasty old ford dealer sticker stuck to the deck lid?

Seller "There is also 1 ding that could be removed with PDR I would think."

You think? I think if the owner wanted to sell a pristine care, he'd spend the $200 to take the ding.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be surprised if that car gets $15k. It isn't super low miles. It's not completely stock. It's been repainted by the previous owner, but already has scratches in the paint, meaning someone didn't take care of it. If it has been repainted, then why does it have a nasty old ford dealer sticker stuck to the deck lid?

You think? I think if the owner wanted to sell a pristine care, he'd spend the $200 to take the ding.
Exactly. There is a lot that's not disclosed. It wasn't repainted by the current owner. He's only had the car for 3-4 years. It has some deep scratches that a paint correction won't fix.

I'm still interested in it. If it was a bargain deal I'd have it repainted one day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I don't believe it will reach $15K either, but remember that most potential bidders have not had the opportunity to look this car over in person like Brady did. So they "see" paint in those photos that looks really decent, and might bid higher than they would had they seen it up close.

This reminds me of when I used to go to the BJ Scottsdale auctions with a group of local guys. We'd see pictures of lower priced cars come up on the screen when they hit the auction block, and the condition of the paint looked to be REALLY nice. But later, when we went out to actually look at the cars, the paint flaws were very glaring. Many were rush painted just for a decent presentation. Buyer has to always do as much as possible to know what they are buying. And then bid accordingly and within their budget. JMO.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't believe it will reach $15K either, but remember that most potential bidders have not had the opportunity to look this car over in person like Brady did. So they "see" paint in those photos that looks really decent, and might bid higher than they would had they seen it up close.

This reminds me of when I used to go to the BJ Scottsdale auctions with a group of local guys. We'd see pictures of lower priced cars come up on the screen when they hit the auction block, and the condition of the paint looked to be REALLY nice. But later, when we went out to actually look at the cars, the paint flaws were very glaring. Many were rush painted just for a decent presentation. Buyer has to always do as much as possible to know what they are buying. And then bid accordingly and within their budget. JMO.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. It might go for 15k+. Bidders that never got the chance to see it up and close.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
If you could get this car for 12-13K, that would be a bargain. I doubt the owner would let it go for that amount. If I had to guess, I'd say right around 16-17K. If you've been following some of the fox body auctions on BaT, there have been some real head shakers. There are many bidders who just don't know much about foxes.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you could get this car for 12-13K, that would be a bargain. I doubt the owner would let it go for that amount. If I had to guess, I'd say right around 16-17K. If you've been following some of the fox body auctions on BaT, there have been some real head shakers. There are many bidders who just don't know much about foxes.
I just can't figure out why more of them sell for higher dollar amounts on BaT vs eBay.

It's seems that people think just because it's on BaT that the cars are in prestine condition.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
The bidding on BAT just gets stupid the last 10 min. The used car market is nuts good luck just remember when u bid u still have 5% fee. If I were u I would throw a bid on the car just to make sure u can bid u don’t want to wait last minute and something is wrong with u bidding. Don’t forget if the car don’t hit reserve u can always get after since u have the sellers info. By looking at the car I’m sure the reserve is high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The bidding on BAT just gets stupid the last 10 min. The used car market is nuts good luck just remember when u bid u still have 5% fee. If I were u I would throw a bid on the car just to make sure u can bid u don’t want to wait last minute and something is wrong with u bidding. Don’t forget if the car don’t hit reserve u can always get after since u have the sellers info. By looking at the car I’m sure the reserve is high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help, that's probably a good idea.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, Bdubbs is in the game. We're pulling for you here.

I took another look at the pictures. Interior, trunk and engine bay look real nice. The undercoating can be dealt with later. The pictures hide the paint imperfections, but some of these paint restoration guys can work miracles. The color combo is awesome and will add a premium. Good luck man!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, Bdubbs is in the game. We're pulling for you here.

I took another look at the pictures. Interior, trunk and engine bay look real nice. The undercoating can be dealt with later. The pictures hide the paint imperfections, but some of these paint restoration guys can work miracles. The color combo is awesome and will add a premium. Good luck man!
Thanks man!

I have a budget in mind. The wife is a little skeptical about how much to pay because of the paint flaws we seen. Also the car wasn't as clean as the pictures show when we went to look at it. He lives out in the country on a long gravel road. So it was all dusty. It would have been nice if the owner would have cleaned it up a bit before we got there.

It has some deep vertical scratches right behind the drivers side door before the tire. It has touch up paint on the passenger door that doesn't match. The passenger pillar next to the windshield has some deep chips. This is just a few things I noticed. There is definitely more than what I've described. I just wonder how many people know about this stuff.

Edit: Also the video the seller posted of it driving was me behind the wheel lol.

Last edited:

mat50ho

Established Member
If the car is not up to your standards without paint work, I would walk. Increase your budget and find a cleaner car. Out of interest call a local body shop with a good reputation and ask what a ball park number on a complete paint job. Including door jams, hood and trunk lids and everything else. The number may surprise you. I know it did me.

Users who are viewing this thread