Who has bid or bought on BaT?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
He’s not wrong and it’s on the short list of colors people look for, but it’s crazy to think a repainted one with defects is now commanding $20k.
I guess I should be happy as an owner but wonder when the bubble may burst.
-J
I agree to some extent. I just hope the buyer is happy. I could list a dozen or more things that is wrong with the paint.

I'm not sure if I could sell my modded 90 coupe for that price. But some want all original and others like mods.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs, you did the right thing by bowing out on this one. With BaT fee, this thing went for 22K. We had a few things going on here:
1. Fox body market is red hot
2. Covid has been fuel on the fire for any car (new, used, collector)
3. Foxes definitely get a premium on BaT

This was a real nice build, but definitely had some flaws. I guess we'll see if the bubble bursts soon. As time goes on, the supply of clean foxes is drying up. People are willing to pay for the right car (manual trans, nice exterior color, tweed interior cars will carry a premium). And just imagine if this were a coupe...

Hang in there. You'll find a nice car soon.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs, you did the right thing by bowing out on this one. With BaT fee, this thing went for 22K. We had a few things going on here:
1. Fox body market is red hot
2. Covid has been fuel on the fire for any car (new, used, collector)
3. Foxes definitely get a premium on BaT

This was a real nice build, but definitely had some flaws. I guess we'll see if the bubble bursts soon. As time goes on, the supply of clean foxes is drying up. People are willing to pay for the right car (manual trans, nice exterior color, tweed interior cars will carry a premium). And just imagine if this were a coupe...

Hang in there. You'll find a nice car soon.
It's crazy that BaT auction brings big money. I can't understand why? BaT isn't a honest place to buy a car in my opinion. Not after seeing this car in person, and all the flaws that weren't mentioned. Yet BaT reviews listings and has to approve a listing. On top of that, slap on a 5% buying fee and a maximum of 2500 dollars.

Heck as a seller, why not list it on BaT? But I won't buy anything off that site.

Maybe I'll find something next spring or summer. I'm not sure when or if the market will settle down. It's crazy right now.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This result should surprise no one that has paid attention to BaT over the last couple years.

As for condition, just like ANY potential car purchase, private sale, dealer, e-bay, BaT, where ever, you should either look at it (like you did), or get a PPI. Only way to know what the cars condition is, through your own subjective eyes.

I think BaT has has done a great job. Routinely listings have 200+ pictures, that do give you an idea of the car. Compare that to an Autotrader, ebay, CL, or even the other auction houses (RM, Mecum, BJ etc). BaT has set the bar for pictures. Also the BaT commission cap is $5k ($100k sale).

I have bid, on a few cars on BaT, and was the high bidder on one, where the reserve was not met, but did make a deal after.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
You would be better finding something on Craigslist or FB marketplace. Every sale on BAT has been well over what these vehicles should be going for. Hell, I saw a 03 GT sell for 17k. It wasn’t anything special, just lower mileage but there is no way it’s worth that kind of $$$. I think you did the right thing and hold off of that one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This result should surprise no one that has paid attention to BaT over the last couple years.

As for condition, just like ANY potential car purchase, private sale, dealer, e-bay, BaT, where ever, you should either look at it (like you did), or get a PPI. Only way to know what the cars condition is, through your own subjective eyes.

I think BaT has has done a great job. Routinely listings have 200+ pictures, that do give you an idea of the car. Compare that to an Autotrader, ebay, CL, or even the other auction houses (RM, Mecum, BJ etc). BaT has set the bar for pictures. Also the BaT commission cap is $5k ($100k sale).

I have bid, on a few cars on BaT, and was the high bidder on one, where the reserve was not met, but did make a deal after.
Spot on comments. A bit too much criticism aimed at BAT. BAT is no worse than BJ or any other auction venue. I've seen cars at BJ Scottsdale that "look" great in photos and on the auction block, but up close I've seen flaws and some of them major. Like @specracer said, the buyer has the responsibility to make every effort to go see the prospective car he's considering bidding on with subjective eyes. If you don't know the seller/car personally, be smart and either go see it or get someone to see it for you. Expecting any seller to be 100% honest in their disclosures is not realistic. The seller wants to sell their car....bottom line!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been drooling over this one.

I may have to log into Facebook again. That's the only red I would consider.

tistan

Established Member
I may have to log into Facebook again. That's the only red I would consider.

I don't have any more garage space, or I'd of already gone in person. I hardly ever see one without a sunroof too. If you needed someone to take a look I'm only a 30 minute ride from Denver.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have any more garage space, or I'd of already gone in person. I hardly ever see one without a sunroof too. If you needed someone to take a look I'm only a 30 minute ride from Denver.
I'll send you a pm!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been drooling over this one.

That is a good looking Cobra. Wish there were some engine bay photos.

Great time to sell quality older muscle cars. Bargains are much harder to find on the buyer side.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It looks like that one isn't stock enough for me. It looks like the battery is mounted in the hatch area.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for helping me out. I'm looking for something much cleaner than that.

More like something like this.

Dusten

Established Member
Thanks for helping me out. I'm looking for something much cleaner than that.

More like something like this.

That place always has a ton of foxes

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

That place always has a ton of foxes
Yeah I've been watching that one. They have a few on eBay. I wonder what their reputation is?

Users who are viewing this thread