Who has an 2010 GT?

cobraman302

Established Member
I had the choice....I took the 04 Cobra and have no regrets at all. Its all about what floats your boat, I would never buy a mustang because "it has nice interior". But then again that is just me. I went for the Cobra since it was only made 2 years in that body, prices were starting to get reasonable on them, and as it sits it has 500rwhp. And when I get bored with the power I will throw on a 3.4 Whipple for $4000 and lay down 600+ RWHP. But the 2010's are NICE cars.

N1TEMARE GT

Banned
Then why not wait for the V6? Its going to perform just about the same and get better gas mileage..

Im tired of this 2011 V6 bullshit. It is NOT going to perform the same as the 315hp 4.6 V8. Just because the car has 300+ factory ADVERTISED horsepower doesn't mean jack.

bhiggs89

Established Member
Im tired of this 2011 V6 bullshit. It is NOT going to perform the same as the 315hp 4.6 V8. Just because the car has 300+ factory ADVERTISED horsepower doesn't mean jack.

No one said they would be exactly the same...

But considering the first test they did they got a 13.7, they are going to be pretty close to the 4.6.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
cat18.gif

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yeah I have to say the 2010s are a bargain right now. You can get a fully loaded one with 3:73s, brembos, touch screen navigation, 19s, etc for around $24K. Pretty nice car for the $$$..

Like to see that! No way you are getting 10k off a GT. Front end profit on that car is not more than 3k, holdback is probably $800 and there is not 6k in rebates.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

Keep telling yourself that. The car will be quick, and with the tuning ability they will run hard.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Why does everybody freak out about the new 5.0 ? There cool and all but a 2010 is just as cool just add a turbo or supercharger if u want more power

crzyforddrvr

Established Member
Here is my 2010 GT. Go ahead and bash it for not being a 5.0 if you'd like. I don't really give a shit. I'm happy with what I got. There is a Hellion Turbo in the future along with some cosmetic goodies coming.
washedandlowered002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ayo232

Established Member
I haven't paid much attention in here, I've been searching the Cobra Classified sections........:uh oh:

It's just hard to get over the newer features that the old cars just don't have. The small things...

What would be higher to insure? Cobra or '10 GT?

Z28

Established Member
The 10' Mustangs are definitely a huge improvement over all previous years. I was looking around a Ford dealership a few months ago as my dad was waiting for his new F-150 to get ready, and they had a couple 09 Roush's and a 10' GT in the show room. The differences in the interior quality and exterior looks side by side are a lot greater than I what I expected.

If I were in the market like the OP is, I would definitely take advantage of the discounts that are going to be laid on the 10' mustangs. A 2010 Premium GT is going to be $10,000+ less than the 2011. For that amount of money I could make a 4.6 a hell of a lot faster and better looking than a stock 2011.

However, I wouldn't be able to make it faster while still holding on to factory warranty :coolman:

Last edited:

cobraman302

Established Member
Like to see that! No way you are getting 10k off a GT. Front end profit on that car is not more than 3k, holdback is probably $800 and there is not 6k in rebates.

Actually he is right...Loacal dealer here is offering their $34k 2010 GT's for $24k and some change. Its a crazy nuts deal, but thats what they have to do to unload them now.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I can see them going pretty cheap. Ford always offers rebates for the remaining stock when a new year model debuts. When the 10 stang came out we had a 09 bullitt on the lot stickered at 34k. After rebates and employee pricing, I could have gotten it for 26.5k not including the loyalty rebate (if u trade In a ford thy give you 500 to 1000 rebate).

At that time, the 10's wern't as highly anticipated as the 11's are now so I'm sure ford will have to offer a heck of a rebate to get the 10's off the lots.

Last edited:

dads01dream

Established Member
I didn't know you could get factory installed 3.73's..... When'd that become an option?? I think the new 5.0 is supposed to be a better platform for future mods like boost, but that's a downright STEAL to buy a new Stang in the mid-20's. :banana:

ayo232

Established Member
Here is my 2010 GT. Go ahead and bash it for not being a 5.0 if you'd like. I don't really give a shit. I'm happy with what I got. There is a Hellion Turbo in the future along with some cosmetic goodies coming.

When did you pick it up and did you get a deal on it? What's your overall review?

I can see them going pretty cheap. Ford always offers rebates for the remaining stock when a new year model debuts. When the 10 stang came out we had a 09 bullitt on the lot stickered at 34k. After rebates and employee pricing, I could have gotten it for 26.5k not including the loyalty rebate (if u trade In a ford thy give you 500 to 1000 rebate).

At that time, the 10's wern't as highly anticipated as the 11's are now so I'm sure ford will have to offer a heck of a rebate to get the 10's off the lots.

Is the Ford loyalty rate something all Ford dealerships participate in? If so, would this interfere with any other rebate, or is it additional? This will be my first NEW car, so I'm not sure how the rebates work.

From what I've been told I can get $2500 rebate (or 0%) and a $500 student rebate, so that additional money would be nice as well!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
the loyalty rebate, as far as I know, is available at any Ford dealership. We have three in our area, and have had the rebate at all three.

It is a seperate rebate, so it will not take away from any of the others. just adds to it!

VictorySong

Established Member

Any year restrictions on the rebate? Might be worth picking up a beater to trade in.

I'd get the 2010 if you don't mind being down on the HP compared to the 5.0, it will probably have issues the first year anyway, although the 2010 may have some hiccups they shouldn't be anything drive-train related since it's a older setup.

I'm waiting to pickup a higher mileage 09 bullit when the prices come down so I can live out my Steve Mcqueen fantasies. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually he is right...Local dealer here is offering their $34k 2010 GT's for $24k and some change. Its a crazy nuts deal, but thats what they have to do to unload them now.

Wow, that is one crazy deal for sure. A portion of that savings could add some serious power to the 2010 IMO. No taking away from the superior 5.0 engine in the 2011, but the 2010 GT does fit nicely into the plans of some who can't afford the full price of a 2011.

crzyforddrvr

Established Member
When did you pick it up and did you get a deal on it? What's your overall review?

I purchased it back in October. It was a custom order that took 10 weeks to get so I actually ordered it the last week of July 2009. All I wanted was the 5spd manual, 3.73's, and the 19" rims. They insisted in selling me crap that I didn't want. I didn't want Nav or the upgraded leather. I'm in the military so I went through USAA for the member pricing which is invoice. Then I had a $500 military discount and a $1000 Ford rebate and additional $500 for using Ford financing. I think out the door I paid $29,xxx. I would be all over one now with more options for less than that. They are cheap right now and the aftermarket parts are beginning to flood the market with upgrades. It seems like a simple cam swap is adding almost 40rwhp. We'll see. Since I'm military the $$ doesn't come very fast so the modding is slow.

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
the new body styling tweaks are dead sexy. i've only seen a few in person but they look so much better in every way than the 05-09. crossing my fingers i'll have the job to pay for a 2012 model with all the options. navi, glass roof, brembos, etc

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
That is ridiculous. I might be in the market for a 10 GT then haha. Can't believe you can get a fully loaded GT for around 25k. My god what a deal

Users who are viewing this thread