Who has an 2010 GT?

ayo232

Established Member
Let's see them! Give a review about your purchase as well. I'm thinking about picking one up shortly as the 2011's roll on the floors. :beer:

ayo232

Established Member
why not wait for the 5.0 instead?

Just because I can pick up a 2010 for cheaper, which is better for my budget (rebates/0%). I rather not wait another year for the 2011's to be more price friendly as they will surely sell at MSRP for a while. I wanna trade my car in now, rather then put more miles on it and be worth less. The difference between the two years isn't really a big deal for me. I'm still in college and this will be enough for me coming from a V6 lol

If I did wait, it would be for the V6

bhiggs89

Established Member
Just because I can pick up a 2010 for cheaper, which is better for my budget (rebates/0%). I rather not wait another year for the 2011's to be more price friendly as they will surely sell at MSRP for a while. I wanna trade my car in now, rather then put more miles on it and be worth less. The difference between the two years isn't really a big deal for me. I'm still in college and this will be enough for me coming from a V6 lol

If I did wait, it would be for the V6

Then why not wait for the V6? Its going to perform just about the same and get better gas mileage..

SUPERSHELBY

SOO-PURR-SHELL-BEE
Established Member
ah makes sense. the 2010's are a steal right now. i think Ford should add a supercharger option to the GT to help get rid of some remaining GT's. i got a ride home in my uncles 2010 GT last night on my birthday. from my point of view it was miles head of the original S197 (05-09), yet it sounds alot quieter on the inside than the 05-09 GT's (my dad has a 05-09 GT). comparing it to my dads it quieter than my dad's GT EVEN WHEN IT HAD STOCK MUFFLERS! (he has flowmaster axle backs currently). the ambient lighting along with the mycolor really set the interior off at night..

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yeah I have to say the 2010s are a bargain right now. You can get a fully loaded one with 3:73s, brembos, touch screen navigation, 19s, etc for around $24K. Pretty nice car for the $$$..

ayo232

Established Member
Yeah I have to say the 2010s are a bargain right now. You can get a fully loaded one with 3:73s, brembos, touch screen navigation, 19s, etc for around $24K. Pretty nice car for the $$$..

Really? I was looking at a GT that looked like the only options were chrome wheels and leather interior with the stripe and it was stickered for $30k... do I need to fly up to IL?? :rockon:

Well, the $30k is before the $2500 rebate and $500 student rebate, but still, thats $27. That extra 3 grand less with more options is unbelievable. I guess I'll start my serious search if it can be had for less

Last edited:

bmoseley

who farted?
Established Member

if i had that kinda money my ass would be in an 03-04 cobra baby

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Really? I was looking at a GT that looked like the only options were chrome wheels and leather interior with the stripe and it was stickered for $30k... do I need to fly up to IL?? :rockon:

Well, the $30k is before the $2500 rebate and $500 student rebate, but still, thats $27. That extra 3 grand less with more options is unbelievable. I guess I'll start my serious search if it can be had for less

The one I saw wasn't brand new, it had around 4,000 miles, but still..If you buy a 2010 wait until the 2011s are at dealerships then start bargaining below invoice before rebates and incentives. I wouldn't buy one unless it was at least $10,000 under MSRP.

ayo232

Established Member
if i had that kinda money my ass would be in an 03-04 cobra baby

I'm tired of the interior to be honest. The newer Mustangs are a complete 180 from previous interiors; I was shocked.

The one I saw wasn't brand new, it had around 4,000 miles, but still..If you buy a 2010 wait until the 2011s are at dealerships then start bargaining below invoice before rebates and incentives. I wouldn't buy one unless it was at least $10,000 under MSRP.

Oh, alright. I thought about that too. I'm sure many people that purchased a '10 GT kicked themselves when they found out about the '11s so I could probably wait for an used steal. However, I'm really digging the 0% financing so I may go that route. The extra money saved for a used one could ultimately just be the interest I would save. However, there are many factors that play into that and it's just a generalization.

tj04cobra

Established Member
If you buy a 2010 wait until the 2011s are at dealerships then start bargaining below invoice before rebates and incentives. I wouldn't buy one unless it was at least $10,000 under MSRP.

This.

Dont feel dumb for not getting a 5.0. If you want a 2010, get one. I'm sure you can get it at a great price. Hell I went to the local ford dealer here yesterday to buy some parts and walked into the showroom and they still have a brand new black 2009 roush stage 3 mustang that has been sitting there for 2 years.

ayo232

Established Member
This.

Dont feel dumb for not getting a 5.0. If you want a 2010, get one. I'm sure you can get it at a great price. Hell I went to the local ford dealer here yesterday to buy some parts and walked into the showroom and they still have a brand new black 2009 roush stage 3 mustang that has been sitting there for 2 years.

Funny you mention that because they tried to talk me into a 2009 Roush lol

blownfox

Established Member
My adopted dad bought a 2010 at the end of last year and he loves everything about it. Now six months later nothing has changed. You are right the interior is day and night compared to the 03-04 cobra.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
This.

Yeah, one of the dealers here still has a KR sitting in the showroom floor.

Users who are viewing this thread