Who donates blood?

JBR87

Established Member
So yeah I'm sittin here in my schools student centre and there's a red cross blood drive going on. I'm debating whether or not to go donate.

who here on SVT donates?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I do,

Every two weeks 550 dollars worth comes out of my paycheck and goes to my exwife.

oldmodman

Established Member
Even though I have a boring, commonplace blood type I usually donate a couple of times a year. And I always bank my own blood before a surgery.
Just seems like a wise precaution.

RedDemon91

Established Member
Nope, I always break into a cold sweat and pass out whenever I get blood drawn. Can't stand even looking at a needle.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I know I should due to my blood type, O Neg, but last time I donated the guy stabbed the wrong spot in my arm and I could not straighten my arm without horrible pain for 3 weeks. Have not gone back since...2 years ago.

JBR87

Established Member
see yeah I know I probably should due to my blood type being AB-, just last time (3 years ago) I had a shitty nurse lol

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I don't because it's mine!

lol, but my girlfriend used to do blood but about a month ago she started donating platelets instead. She said the only weird thing with platelets is the put the blood back into you at room temperature, so she feels very cold when she gets out.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Im O- so i do pretty often. We had a blood drive at hq about 2 years ago and the nurse pulled the needle out and let me bleed all over the patrol room floor lol. It was pretty bad

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I do it every time the hospital I'm at has their blood drive. It's usually 2-3 times per year.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
i had one come by my school today as well, i used to give blood but with me being diabetic it throws my sugar all off so its not worth making myself sick anymore.

scottminot

Established Member
I used to until I had a bad reaction and almost passed out.
Used to donate plasma too which I thought was pretty cool. Got to sit there and watch tv under a cozy blanket for an hour and eat pizza afterward for free.

My dad has a rare blood type and gave blood so much over the years that he actually had to quit because he looked like a junkie and they had a hard time finding veins.

Users who are viewing this thread