Who donates blood?

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
O+ and I donate every 8 weeks if I am home from work in time. I'm at 28 times as of a few weeks ago.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Wow, you have the rarest blood type of all!

Or not depending on how you look at it lol. He can receive blood from 4 other types, us unfortunate O neg guys and gals can only get O neg lol. But our type can be donated to every type.

Statistically though, he does have the rarest :beer:

pianoman90

Established Member
AB+ and I donate when the drive comes to our school. Our building has all the professional schools (medicine, nursing, PA/PT/OT/AA) so I think a lot of us want to give since we are in that field and often get to see the stuff used.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
AB+ and I donate when the drive comes to our school. Our building has all the professional schools (medicine, nursing, PA/PT/OT/AA) so I think a lot of us want to give since we are in that field and often get to see the stuff used.

You must be going to UAB lol. Great school

Vigilante

Established Member
I've always wanted to but I was either too young at the time or now they just stare like deer in headlights when I ask about it. If they arent gonna tell me when and where, then **** it.

+1 on the comment donating before surgery, put back what you take lol

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
As far as I know, I am still restricted from donating. At least, thats what I was told the last time I tried. The reasons given were that 1) I served in the Army in Germany in the 80's. 2) I served in the Gulf War in Saudi, Iraq, and Kuwait in 1991.

Why there was a restriction, I do not know, but that is what I have been told 4 times over the last 20 years.

O - blood here.

Last edited:

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
I donate from time to time, but I get tired of Red Cross calling me, just to remind me they have a center in the city I can go to any time.

I too am O-. I feel its kinda important for me to give.

Jacqueline Star

Established Member
I actually don't meet the requirements to donate blood because I only weight 88 lbs. (and I'm 32 btw, not a child). There is a minimum weight requirement in order to even donate.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I actually don't meet the requirements to donate blood because I only weight 88 lbs. (and I'm 32 btw, not a child). There is a minimum weight requirement in order to even donate.

Here, I think you need this:

cheeseburger.jpg

JBR87

Established Member
well I went and turns out I cannot donate due to the fact that I was in Mexico for a week in the last 12 months... I have to wait until February... at least I got a bottle of water and cookies lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i'd donate but i apss out as soon as i see blood or feel the needle....i hate blood...i always pass out. its only when its in regards to me, i've done 1st aid on people on the ship who were bleeding etc but as soon as its me its oVAAAA!
matter of fact Noah (my son) had a bloody nose from pickin it on saturday. i wiped it with my hand and cargo shorts then held his head back n stoppped it. as soon as he was ok and the adrenaline wore off i felt the cold sweats and i got light headed real fast sat down and my breathing became shallow lol wife had to wake me up at the store we were at, crawled on bench like a wimp....lol not my finest moment..i'm used to it..so is she.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
i'd donate but i apss out as soon as i see blood or feel the needle....i hate blood...i always pass out. its only when its in regards to me, i've done 1st aid on people on the ship who were bleeding etc but as soon as its me its oVAAAA!
matter of fact Noah (my son) had a bloody nose from pickin it on saturday. i wiped it with my hand and cargo shorts then held his head back n stoppped it. as soon as he was ok and the adrenaline wore off i felt the cold sweats and i got light headed real fast sat down and my breathing became shallow lol wife had to wake me up at the store we were at, crawled on bench like a wimp....lol not my finest moment..i'm used to it..so is she.

I know what you mean. I saw a lot of blood and gore while in the Army, and never had a problem. I went real light headed when my son was born in an emergency C-section and the blood went everywhere. I went out for the count when my daughter was born C-section a year and a half later. One minute I am standing there with the camera at the ready to snap the picture of my daughter entering the World, the next thing I know I am waking up in a hospital bed in recovery with a bunch of nurses smiling and asking me if I enjoyed the fall, lol.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I know what you mean. I saw a lot of blood and gore while in the Army, and never had a problem. I went real light headed when my son was born in an emergency C-section and the blood went everywhere. I went out for the count when my daughter was born C-section a year and a half later. One minute I am standing there with the camera at the ready to snap the picture of my daughter entering the World, the next thing I know I am waking up in a hospital bed in recovery with a bunch of nurses smiling and asking me if I enjoyed the fall, lol.

the only blood i saw from my sons birth was from the reflection of the Dr.s glasses as he cut...i can only imagine. i did see when they operated on my lip and sliced it open...i also felt the warm drip as it ran down my cheek...i was gone!!!! lol :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread