Who donates blood?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I usually donate 3 times a year.

Everytime I go in though, they want me to do this thing where they separate the blood cells or something... Or plates. IDK, I just go along with it because it seems like they want that more from me, or they wouldnt ask. It takes twice as long, but its more entertaining because you get to watch this weird machine do stuff with your blood and sit in a somewhat comfortable recliner chair thing.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i don't do it often. but when there is a blood drive nearby, i do. A+ blood type. let me know if you're running a quart low and i'll hook you up.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Never! It's my blood and for me only.

If God wanted you to have more blood, he would have given you more

sorry but /thread

now close this sucker up

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Never! It's my blood and for me only.

If God wanted you to have more blood, he would have given you more

sorry but /thread

now close this sucker up

Pretty sure "god" didnt plan on people going from 0-60mph in under 5 seconds.. going over 150mph in a vehicle.. and travel to the moon.. But hey, we are now capable. Times change, and we have to adapt with technology.

I was in an accident last year where I had to be air lifted to a hospital because they couldnt stop the bleeding from a large cut on my face due to my head going through a windshield, a broken hip, and a dislocated shoulder. If nobody donated blood, I may have been ****ed. Since I lost a lot.

Basically, what I'm trying to say here, is that "god" didnt intend for us to do a lot of things.. But we figured out a way to do them.. And shit happens and we take preventative cautions like donating blood to help others when they **** up.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Pretty sure "god" didnt plan on people going from 0-60mph in under 5 seconds.. going over 150mph in a vehicle.. and travel to the moon.. But hey, we are now capable. Times change, and we have to adapt with technology.

I was in an accident last year where I had to be air lifted to a hospital because they couldnt stop the bleeding from a large cut on my face due to my head going through a windshield, a broken hip, and a dislocated shoulder. If nobody donated blood, I may have been ****ed. Since I lost a lot.

Basically, what I'm trying to say here, is that "god" didnt intend for us to do a lot of things.. But we figured out a way to do them.. And shit happens and we take preventative cautions like donating blood to help others when they **** up.

Preventative cautions.........you mean like wearing a seatbelt to keep your head from going through windshields? Those kind?

Tunink

Established Member
I did all through high school, but haven't lately. I should look into it.

You guys that pass out @ the sight of blood are sissies. hehe

GHIG RTR

Banned
nope. new ink voids me for an entire year :-D

Not anymore. The place you get your ink done just has to have a current permit/registration/certificate from the health dept. That rule went into effect a couple of years ago. Reason for it, was too many people were getting turned back for fresh ink causing blood shortages.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
Only donated twice so far, but will donate more in the future. The last time I was bout to donate but they told all of us with A+ that they weren't taking our blood cuz they had more than enough supply. They just told us "thanks, but donate some other time."

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I have been dontaing twice a year, for the last 6 years.

I went in last October and was turned away because I had been to central Mexico, they told me I could not donate for a year :shrug:

I asked and was told there is the possibility of contacting malaria... I told them is had been 3 months since I was there and would probably know if I had it by now :shrug:.

Guess I will try again in October... unless the wife and I go to Mexico again.

O- here BTW.

-Brian

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I donate AB- every 2 months for the last 3 years. I also have donated bone marrow. I hope that if someone in my family needed blood and I was not a match for them that someone would

JBR87

Established Member
I donate AB- every 2 months for the last 3 years. I also have donated bone marrow. I hope that if someone in my family needed blood and I was not a match for them that someone would

for the bone marrow are you on a list or have you actually donated... how was the procedure for that. I've always debated whether or not to be on the marrow list.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I have donated marrow 4 times because two of my cousins have cancer. I am lucky I am a match because I am adopted (the doctor was shocked that I was a match, talk about long shots)

that being said I would gladly do it again. yeah it hurt (more than any football hit and I returned a punt or two) but getting to see those boys smile is worth it. I can handle pain but cannot fathom that I could save a life but did not do anything just because of a bit of pain. Who could live with that?

Users who are viewing this thread