Who Carries A Concealed Firearm?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Pretty scary that you carry, but you don't know what model you carry.

HEHE....I'm at work so it's not on me. I was going to say 27. But I honestly couldn't remember off the top of my head and didn't want to post a wrong model number. With that said I like it. Not hard to conceal unless I'm wearing summer clother. Someone larger probably wouldn't have that problem.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Pretty scary that you carry, but you don't know what model you carry.

Not really when you consider that Glocks function much the same model to model. Sure the physical characteristics will be different from gun to gun based of size, bullet and grain but its all very similar.

txyaloo

Established Member
Not really when you consider that Glocks function much the same model to model. Sure the physical characteristics will be different from gun to gun based of size, bullet and grain but its all very similar.

I would expect that anyone responsible enough to carry a firearm daily would be acutely aware of what firearm they are carrying. I just think part of choosing to carry concealed is being intimately familiar with what gun you are carrying.

I couldn't imagine telling an antigun lobbyist, "Oh, I carry a gun, but I have no clue what kind. It's black and goes bang when I pull the trigger."

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I would expect that anyone responsible enough to carry a firearm daily would be acutely aware of what firearm they are carrying. I just think part of choosing to carry concealed is being intimately familiar with what gun you are carrying.

I couldn't imagine telling an antigun lobbyist, "Oh, I carry a gun, but I have no clue what kind. It's black and goes bang when I pull the trigger."

or

"i drive a mustang, but I dont know which it is and if it has a v8 or not...maybe its a cobra? not sure"

Innovator

Established Member
Missouri CCW permit holder. Depending on weather and clothing I carry one of 3 guns. Ruger LCR, Glock 19, or a Colt New Agent.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Florida CCW here.... i carry a keltec pf9 and have put about 100 rounds through it with no troubles at all. The key i have found in all of my research is not to limp wrist it and to use good ammo. They also require a cleaning after purchase before they are shot, and after every range session.

My other weapon is an XD45, but its too big to really carry. It usually hangs out in my center consol in case the pf9 ever doesnt do the job.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member

I admit the brain fart.....You now made me feel even worse since I just read farther down the first page and saw a pic of it:rolleyes:

Pilot....Ive seen that before in a local shop before with some one buying ammo. One of the worse things I saw was a guy bring a rifle into a shop when I was a kid and he had it pointed toward us. The guy behind the counter yelled at him for pointing it toward people. When he handed him the rifle the guy behind the counter opened the bolt and it was loaded. I'll never forget that.

Last edited:

roadwarrior60

Established Member
CCW here. I use an inside the waist band holster to conceal my Glock 17. Very rarely I will some times conceal my AR-15 in a small back pack broken up into the upper and lower.

what kind of neighborhood do you live in that you feel the need to carry/conceal an assault rifle:poke:

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
what kind of neighborhood do you live in that you feel the need to carry/conceal an assault rifle:poke:

Since when is an AR-15 an assault rifle other than in the eyes of politicians? It surely doesn't meet the definition of one.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
He might be talking about an AR based pistol. There are some knuckle heads(not saying he's one of them) out there that think they are legitimate carry guns.
It doesn't really count as concealed if the fire arm in question is field-stripped.
It might as well be in a gun case.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I carry a Taurus millenium Pro 9mm. Most people who know me expect it. They want me to protect myself and them too. I hate to have to carry it but just to many bad people any more. You can't trust anyone after a certain point.

txyaloo

Established Member
i think your missing my point.... would you sleep better at night if i said "AR-15" instead of assault rifle......??

Oh, I clearly got your point of calling a simple rifle an assault rifle. Why not just refer to is as a rifle, which it is, instead of an assault rifle?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Oh, I clearly got your point of calling a simple rifle an assault rifle. Why not just refer to is as a rifle, which it is, instead of an assault rifle?

I get what you are saying with the classic, true definition of assault weapon, but here in MA, they are always classed that way. Pretty stupid, but I guess any rifle that has a "scary, military" look to it is classed that way here.:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread