Who Carries A Concealed Firearm?

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
i have a glock 27 w/ crimson trace laser grip i carry when going out. or a walther ppk/s in 380. i should trade that in for the new pps posted above

NXSVTCOBRA

its not breakin, its actually because the gun is so small the spring doesnt have enough coil to eject the cartridge.

you actually have to modify them with a stronger spring to make them any sort of reliable

I want a walther pps next

walther_pps_1.jpg

then i want a S&W airlite .38 or .357

163062_large.jpg
I've been looking at Walther pistols lately. I'm going to end up buying another XD though this coming January.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
For those that carry concealed weapons, are any locations off limits?
Example: Banks, Hospitals, Schools, Public transit, Etc.?

Just curious as to what the limitations are.

Thanks,
Zak

bscarberry

Established Member
SIG P-245 in the winter and a Smith & Wesson Ultra Light .357 for the summer

65fastback2+2

Established Member

Thanks,
Zak

im pretty sure that can vary by state. my local bank doesnt even have a "no weapons" sign posted

RSH427R

Established Member

Thanks,
Zak

In Indiana you can't in a court house, airport, business that has a posted sign, school (you can have it in your car if you are picking up or dropping off) state fair, river boat gambling facility. I think that's pretty much it, may be a few others like a bar but I have not seen that listed for Indiana. This is with a CCW permit, exposed or concealed. You can carry a loaded long gun without a permit. As long as you can legally own a gun.

txyaloo

Established Member

Thanks,
Zak

Below is the Texas list.

“Proper Notice” means a 30.06 sign

Premises does not include parking area, grounds, sidewalks, or any outdoor areas commonly accessible to the public. This includes schools. You may have a firearm on school grounds, but it is illegal to take them in any building.

Firearm Prohibited Places
1. Public or private schools, school sponsored activities, school vehicles, unless permitted in writing or by written regulations.
2. Premises of public polling place on day of voting or early voting.
3. Government court or court offices, unless permitted in writing or by written regulations.
4. At a racetrack (and possibly on racetrack parking lot).
5. In a secured area of an airport (except when in checked baggage).
6. Within 1,000 feet of place of execution if you have received notice it is prohibited (except while driving on public road or while at home or work).

Texas CHL Prohibited Places
1. On premises of 51% establishments.
2. On premises of high school, collegiate or professional sporting event.
3. On premises of a correctional facility.
4. On premises of hospital or nursing home, without proper authorization, if proper notice is given.
5. In an amusement park, if proper notice is given.
6. On premises of established place of worship, if proper notice is given, or you have received actual verbal notice.
7. At any meeting of a government entity, if proper notice is given.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Below is the Texas list.

“Proper Notice” means a 30.06 sign

Premises does not include parking area, grounds, sidewalks, or any outdoor areas commonly accessible to the public. This includes schools. You may have a firearm on school grounds, but it is illegal to take them in any building.

Firearm Prohibited Places
1. Public or private schools, school sponsored activities, school vehicles, unless permitted in writing or by written regulations.
2. Premises of public polling place on day of voting or early voting.
3. Government court or court offices, unless permitted in writing or by written regulations.
4. At a racetrack (and possibly on racetrack parking lot).
5. In a secured area of an airport (except when in checked baggage).
6. Within 1,000 feet of place of execution if you have received notice it is prohibited (except while driving on public road or while at home or work).

Texas CHL Prohibited Places
1. On premises of 51% establishments.
2. On premises of high school, collegiate or professional sporting event.
3. On premises of a correctional facility.
4. On premises of hospital or nursing home, without proper authorization, if proper notice is given.
5. In an amusement park, if proper notice is given.
6. On premises of established place of worship, if proper notice is given, or you have received actual verbal notice.
7. At any meeting of a government entity, if proper notice is given.

Thanks for posting!

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I carry any one of the following
-S&W model 638/Crimson Trace
-Sig P228
-Glock 23

The manner of dress & mood determines which gun.
Usually the revolver..I have a pocket holster & fits well inside a cargo pants pocket.
If I wear jeans I have to go to some manner of pancake hip holster.
I carry everywhere that doesn't require me to pass through a metal detector.
Just picked up a Glock 29SF for my bro..
10mm of mayhem in a very easy-to-carry package.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
CCW here. I use an inside the waist band holster to conceal my Glock 17. Very rarely I will some times conceal my AR-15 in a small back pack broken up into the upper and lower.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Funny, I have easily put 1,000 rounds through my Kel Tec PF9 and had one issue. It was with a reload out of bag my buddy bought at the range. I have NEVER had a jam of any sort either. The gun does what I want it to and with its small size can be concealed just about anywhere on my person.

stanger133

From my cold dead hands!
Established Member
Got my CCDW a while back and either carry a Sig p239 in an M-Tac or S&W 642 in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
its not breakin, its actually because the gun is so small the spring doesnt have enough coil to eject the cartridge.

you actually have to modify them with a stronger spring to make them any sort of reliable

I want a walther pps next

walther_pps_1.jpg

then i want a S&W airlite .38 or .357

163062_large.jpg

just stopped in the local gun shop looking at the walther pps,i like it, going to pick one of those up soon. just have to decide 9 or 40

hb712

Established Member
I carry my Ruger LCP 380 every day in my pocket. If I'm wearing heavier clothes or just feeling like something more, I carry my Kimber Custom II. That one I carry in either a Desantis thumb break OWB holster, or a Desantis NY Undercover shoulder holster.
100_0895.jpg

Photo_052709_004.jpg

65fastback2+2

Established Member
just stopped in the local gun shop looking at the walther pps,i like it, going to pick one of those up soon. just have to decide 9 or 40

i think my plan is to keep my xd .40 so Id be picking the walther up in 9mm form

I have one in Florida and carry a Glock 27 but thinking about picking up a Kel Tek 380 because of how small they are.

i just dont trust that small of gun. my thought is, if it was small and reliable, other manufacturers would adopt it. until springfield, glock or someone builds something similar, i'll shy away

Users who are viewing this thread