Whipples in stock!! Same day FREE SHIPPING!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
nolimits said:
Should be good to go now!!

(for some reason all I have in options is an "allow email" function. I see nothing PM specific. Hopefully that's what I needed to check)
Go back to options and look below where it allows emails and it has another section for PM's. Then allow PM's and you're good to go. JAred :rockon:

nolimits

Established Member
Evidently PM's aren't an option on my acct. I'll have to post somewhere for an admin to see if they need to be activated. I've been up and down the options until my eyes hurt, I'm positive I'm not missing it.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
nolimits said:
Price in black (stock TB) please. Thanks!

Just sent you an email.. Your PM features may not be allowed until you have a certain amount of posts. But check your email and let me know if you have any questons. Thanks, Jared

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Send me info on a 600hp setup. Whipple(black), 60's, mafia, bap and whatever I need to get as close to 600hp as possible. Current mods in sig. I need a good deal guys!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LS1toSVT said:
Send me info on a 600hp setup. Whipple(black), 60's, mafia, bap and whatever I need to get as close to 600hp as possible. Current mods in sig. I need a good deal guys!

Best deals are when you call and catch Matt or Derek in a good mood! :-D

Or I can give you a quote after a long day of work right before going to bed! :shrug:

Give us a call at the shop and we'll take good care of you. Guaranteed!!

Thanks, Jared

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Why do I see so many Whipple/Kenne Bell numbers in the mid 500rwhp range? Is 600rwhp too much for reliable street use? I can' timagine spending this kind of money for less than 600 at the wheels.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethalchem said:
Why do I see so many Whipple/Kenne Bell numbers in the mid 500rwhp range? Is 600rwhp too much for reliable street use? I can' timagine spending this kind of money for less than 600 at the wheels.

They are probably only running 15lbs or so of boost and tuned conseravatively. Anyone running 17-21lbs should be making around the 600+ mark.

There's no comparing though between the eaton even when ported to the Whipple/KB. 2 different monsters!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
black03 said:
They are probably only running 15lbs or so of boost and tuned conseravatively. Anyone running 17-21lbs should be making around the 600+ mark.

There's no comparing though between the eaton even when ported to the Whipple/KB. 2 different monsters!

I know the potential for more power is much higher with the Whipple, it's more efficient, and it runs cooler, but I'm just trying to figure out what works best with my personal application. There must be a reason why so many people are only running 15lbs. Is it because anything over that requires additional mods, or is it something else?

I'm in no way putting down the product, I'm just trying to figure out why you'd buy such a great blower and keep the boost so low. Like I said, if I was only wanting to run in the low/mid 500's, it is too much money for me to spend. HOWEVER, if there's no reason not to be running 600+, and it's simply a matter of preference, then that's a different story. I'm trying to avoid as many "surprises" as possible, since there are always little things here and there that invariably inhibit one from obtaining what they had been picturing.

I've seen several people ask what all is required in addition to the blower in order to run the 17-21psi you had mentioned, but havn't seen any answers yet. Those answers may help me clear up a lot of what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
How long do you want your motor to last is the question? I'll only be running a 3.00 whipple pulley, even though I could toss on a 2# lower and still have a safe tune and make more power. Fuel + air = power, but our motor will only hold together for so long. There are obviously some more variables than that but from what I've read the main mods to run 17-20psi is...

60#
MAFia or SCT2400/2800
BAP or dual pumps

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Lethalchem said:
I know the potential for more power is much higher with the Whipple, it's more efficient, and it runs cooler, but I'm just trying to figure out what works best with my personal application. There must be a reason why so many people are only running 15lbs. Is it because anything over that requires additional mods, or is it something else?

I'm in no way putting down the product, I'm just trying to figure out why you'd buy such a great blower and keep the boost so low. Like I said, if I was only wanting to run in the low/mid 500's, it is too much money for me to spend. HOWEVER, if there's no reason not to be running 600+, and it's simply a matter of preference, then that's a different story. I'm trying to avoid as many "surprises" as possible, since there are always little things here and there that invariably inhibit one from obtaining what they had been picturing.

I've seen several people ask what all is required in addition to the blower in order to run the 17-21psi you had mentioned, but havn't seen any answers yet. Those answers may help me clear up a lot of what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks.
higher boost requires the use of 100 octane or higher gas. personally i wouldn't go above 15 lbs of boost on my car with 93 octane but thats just me, not saying people aren't doing it. whipples are far superior to the eaton and run cooler therefore are better for the life of the engine even at the same amount of boost.

didn't mean to highjack the thread, just came in here to see if you could pm me a price on the whipple in black. thanks.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey Lethal,

Well I'm not quite sure why people buy the Whipples and only run 15 or so lbs. It is true that they make more power than an eaton at that boost level as the Whipples are a lot more efficient with intake temps and airflow. Most of the people who we sell them too end up calling us a short time after for a smaller upper or bigger lower to make more boost. Its kind of like where its good enough for a while, but need more now thing!!!LOL

Me having personal experience with a twin screw blower on my car I would never go back to the eaton even if it was ported or with Nitrous. I know now how much more power the twin screw is capable of over the eaton.

And others will say that a Ported eaton with spray will hold up to a Whipple at 15 psi but thats comparing apples to oranges. Because the Nitrous is a whole different monster completely. Add Nitrous to a Whipple and you will crap yourself! :-D

So there is also much talk about what a stock block can handle and what boost levels it can be run at. In my experience I ran a KB at 19lbs with a 60hp Shot of Nitrous and had no problems whatsoever. There are quite a few out there that do the same and have the same results as I do. Then there are those that fail under those conditions and most of the time it's due to a bad tune or excessive beating on the vehicle and running the engine too hot with no cooldown.

I have several personal friends down here that run the 19-20lbs of boost on the stock block with 93 octane and drive it everday without any problems. So it definitely can be done.

A few things that are needed for that boost level to be run are:
A good tune
Injectors
MAF or MAFia
new plugs and descent gas!

Thats basically it.

Please don't hesitate to give us a call at the shop as we are more than happy to take time with you over the phone to speak with you about your goals for your car. Thanks, Jared

Lethalchem said:

Thanks.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Ok, so 19psi seems to be possible in a daily driver on 93 octane then? That's what I was looking for. I would prefer to keep the Cobra as my DD simply because I enjoy it so much. Thanks for all the information. If/when I decide to go this route, I'll be going through you guys based on your help. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread