Whipple vs. Pots & Pans

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My wife says that you can get restaurant quality cook wear for about 1500.

Start watching Alton Brown on Good Eats of the food network, he is brilliant and always has awesome tips on very effective multi purpose cook wear for low bucks.

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I been ignorant on all this cookware stuff, I had no idea that pots and pans could cost over a thousand. I am humbled and in full support and will help her a good set, just not the way she wanted to go about purchasing them on ebay. I did some research and found a lot of customer complaints and people advising against it…smell like some kinda scam. Look like you can't even find them in stores and only from sales pitch.

From what I been reading on here and checked out, $1,500 tops will do the job on a good quality set with lifetime warranty.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Hey glad to see you made it to the area. Didn't realize you had moved here already. I think you gotta get the pans bro. My wife isn't into cooking but I try to keep her happy with handbags etc.

coketo

Silver Snake!!!
Established Member
I think $3000 is bit too much money for a set of pots and pans but HEY IF MAMA AIN'T HAPPY NO ONE IS HAPPY!!! :)

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Hey glad to see you made it to the area. Didn't realize you had moved here already. I think you gotta get the pans bro. My wife isn't into cooking but I try to keep her happy with handbags etc.

Yup, I flew back to WA to ship the rest of my goods+pick up car, so I'll start the long drive back to VA Thursday. Hopefully I won't run into any harsh weather.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
$3,000 is a lot for pots and pans. I bought a whole set of good ole made in America, stainless steel Calphalon for much less than that. My pans are not lightweight either. They are the real deal.

My wife said I can buy what I want for the car as long as I buy her diamonds every now and then. :lol1:

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
get her a real nice expensive set from costco...if she doesn't use them then you can return them for a full refund even if they are a few years old...

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Le Creuset is the best we have in our kitchen- which kicks my wallets ass at christmas time. course my woman is a bakery exec for Earthfare so no complaining when it's dinner time cause i sure as shit ain't cooking. I say get em, but help her shop for them- could be that one of her friends with more money than you suggested certain ones she won't use anyways.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Yup, I flew back to WA to ship the rest of my goods+pick up car, so I'll start the long drive back to VA Thursday. Hopefully I won't run into any harsh weather.

Wow thats a crazy long drive. Let me know once you make it back. There is a large cars and coffee meet in Fairfax on Sunday mornings. I havent been yet but last week I was told there was 100+ cars from classics to exotics. We should cruise up one weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread