Whipple vs. Pots & Pans

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
This is probably not suitable for the forum but I need to know what you would do.

My wife told me she wanted some cook wear that cost almost $3000…I automatically said NO WAY, there is no kind of cookware that require that much money. Later I put some thought into it and started feeling maybe the pots and pans mean the same to her as my whipple. But I can’t imagine any waterless lifetime warranty pots and pans that are worth that amount of money. I am more than happy to support the idea of her using $3000 on something else like furniture, but I don’t know about pots and pans.

Consider all that you spend on your car, would you buy the pots and pans?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
You should be asking this question to married guys. On that note, I would let her. Make sure she uses them and that she cant get them cheaper anywhere else i.e. craigs list, ebay, etc. If they have a lifetime warranty, buying used or buying new should be the same.

Johnny03

Johnny
Established Member
That's a lot of money for pots and pans. It's fine if she a chef type of cook that cooks all of the time. Are you loaded with money or are you a hard working middle class family? My wife likes to cook and we have some nice pans, but I would say ours are all worth about $500.00 to $1,000.00 and work just fine.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
why not settle.

tell her you want an 8k turbo kit but will settle for a $3,500 whipple

if she wants the 3k pot and pans

she can settle for a $1,200 pot and pan set...

compromise :D

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd let her get them but I'm a sap. Are you going to hang them up in the kitchen too? I love how that looks in a nice kitchen. They will last forever so that's good. How much have you spent on your car compared to what she spends on her own hobbies? You can see I'm an equal opportunity husband lol.

Tell her to open a small restaraunt and when she makes enough money from those pans to buy you a Whipple she can close it up........

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I am by no means rich, but we make decent amount of money together.
I do like the compromise idea... I am not gonna add up what all I spent on my car because it will probably make me depressed!

Think I am gonna tell her I recommend that she get a decent set for between $19.99 -$1,500. If she wants to spend $3000 then I’ll just have to support her decision.

Fatal_Snake

Established Member
what does she say about how much money you spend on the car? does she support you?

the answer to those two questions should give you your answer

Shanesstang

Established Member
Well, as a married man, I can say that the Le Creuset and All-Clad pots and pans came way before anything for the Cobra. My advice, buy her the cookware. You'll be rewarded 10 times over, especially if she knows of the sacrafice you made for her happiness.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do you like to eat?

How about having enthusiastic willing sex?

Thought so.. get the pans!:rockon::beer::thumbsup:

Just keep track of the man points completely off the record and on the QT, or it spoils the whole thing and the Whipple, dinners and sexual healings can all go right out the window.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
what does she say about how much money you spend on the car? does she support you?

the answer to those two questions should give you your answer

I get the vibe that you're not married. Most married people have joint finances to some degree. The couple collectively supports the household including the wants and desires of the residents of the household.

Maverick-4

Established Member
Married here!, in ur position I would say yes after careful consideration to the pot and pans, not yes to the specific set she wants but that you will get her a set of her choice.

Most wifes are supportive and sometimes better with finances than most of us so I would think she would shop around for the best deal on a set of cookware and if it turns out the 3k one is the best deal then go for it bro, wat matters is that you support her in wat she is asking you for, likely she'll find something decent for much less, just my two cents...

mach1033

Established Member
Get her the pots and pans dude. That way she can't boo when you go buy another mod for your car.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
happy wife, happy life.........

see if you can bargain with her and get maybe a 2k set of pots and pans , OR tell her if you get the set of pans she wants the next purchase is a toy for you

BearsFTW18

Established Member
when your wife is happy, you will be happy too. Let her get the pots and pans and put the Whipple on hold for awhile. Once she gets those then she doesnt have too much room to say anything about the Whipple :beer:

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
How often does your wife inquire (mandate) about these types of purchases? If it's just what she wants for her 'next' purchase then no.
If she really does want some specific, retarded expensive pan set because they provide something she wants that other pans don't (even just conversation piece when her friends are over) and she is going to use them then pick a different battle.

Its not like your asking for the 8.3L whipple, your happy compromising too.

Users who are viewing this thread