Whipple inquiry

VNOMSSS

VNOMSSS
Established Member
I have the Eaton on my 03 cobra and going to remove it for the Whipple. Does anyone know what i can expect for horse power? I have other mods done such as x pipe followed by borla exhaust, cold air, nitrus, kenne bell BAP, racing chip, all that. so with the whipple and throttle body's what can i expect? i was dyno'd at 572 right now with the nitrus and without 480. could i reach 700 with a whipple?

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
If you made 480 with an upper only and no port you will make at least 600 with the whipple at 17-18 PSI IMO. A 75 shot on top of that will be nice!

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Depends on how aggressive the tune is. 570-590 might be what you are looking at. Be sure to keep your wallet open!!!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I am 100% serious. :beer:

I KNOW!!! Some of these guys are naive running these cars so close to the edge on gasoline, I think they are missing the boat.

I am expecting a big surge in adjustable boost, multi fuel, compound boost set ups in the next couple years.
It's a lot faster than changing pulleys is, if you get caught out and can't find E85.
You just turn the boost down and flip the tune.

Just me thinking out loud.:-That's what I would build If I was not set on a BOSS.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I KNOW!!! Some of these guys are naive running these cars so close to the edge on gasoline, I think they are missing to boat.

I am expecting a big surge in adjustable boost, multi fuel, compound boost set ups in the next couple years.
It's a lot faster than changing pulleys is, if you get caught out and can't find E85.
You just turn the boost down and flip the tune.

Just me thinking out loud.:-That's what I would build If I was not set on a BOSS.
I think you are right Jimmy. I never did like running close to the edge on my tune when I was running 93. That's why it only made 561 RWHP.

I do think more and more people will be switching as they realize the benefits of the fuel. It is VERY forgiving! A friend of mine is running a compound boost set up right now and has seen as much as 46 psi of boost on E85! :eek:

I can understand your desire for the new BOSS. It is one Bad Machine! :rockon:

VNOMSSS

VNOMSSS
Established Member
I was told that a shot of nitrus would not be capable with that blower at the regular 92 octaine. Also i was hoping to be around the 700 HP range, i already have 480 and i would expect the blower to add at least a few hundo. and my wallet is open, money is not an issue thats why i want to knwo what to do

GodStang

Established Member
I was told that a shot of nitrus would not be capable with that blower at the regular 92 octaine. Also i was hoping to be around the 700 HP range, i already have 480 and i would expect the blower to add at least a few hundo. and my wallet is open, money is not an issue thats why i want to knwo what to do

E85, 2.3L Whipple, Boost, timing, good tune = 700rwhp...

Black Sex

Established Member
With my eaton unported I made 482/483 on 91. With my whipple (gen1) @ 16psi I made 569/517 on 91 octane.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member

I think the reason why people are saying that is because you are running the BAP.. The Whipple will be pushing the BAP close to it's limits, and adding N2O on top will probably max your pumps out...

Keep the BAP, get a Fore Hat, Dual FPDMs or MDM, and two GT pumps, and you should be good for fuel..

+1 :rockon:

I wish E85 was commercially available here... :)

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
there is no way the car will make 700 unless you are going to run some better gas and a 100 hit. Mine on 16 pounds and a 75 shot made 666rwhp and the tuneup is soft. With a 3.4 L whipple it would piss 700 on boost and spray on pump ( Maybe )

Users who are viewing this thread