Whipple Hellcats

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I would've thought honestly 21#'s on E-85 would make a lot more power... I realize its only a 370ci block.......... w/ 4.5L whipple lol

I'll take a 13-14 Shelby w/ Tvs all day long.. Imo

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
... too bad a gen 2 coyote has more potential than a trinity.

I've seen no actual proof of this.

A lot of people on gen2 coyotes out there maxing out the engine to 800-900+ rwhp, but I've read that a realistic / reliable number for a stock motor is around 600-700 rwhp.

Trinity comes stock at 600 rwhp. I can comfortably live at 750-800 rwhp. Some have pushed and lived past the 800 rwhp but I would not go that high. Just like I would not go past 700 rwhp on a coyote.

Now, one thing I will say is that the gen2 coyote is most definitely a better bang for your buck. Bad ass motor for sure.

Curt@injected

I've seen no actual proof of this.

A lot of people on gen2 coyotes out there maxing out the engine to 800-900+ rwhp, but I've read that a realistic / reliable number for a stock motor is around 600-700 rwhp.

Trinity comes stock at 600 rwhp. I can comfortably live at 750-800 rwhp. Some have pushed and lived past the 800 rwhp but I would not go that high. Just like I would not go past 700 rwhp on a coyote.

Now, one thing I will say is that the gen2 coyote is most definitely a better bang for your buck. Bad ass motor for sure.

We have several gen 2 coyotes that have been @ 800 + whp since early 15. Our shop car was at 930 for a year or so whp on a stock motor until we killed the opg's because we were too dumb to upgrade them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
We have several gen 2 coyotes that have been @ 800 + whp since early 15. Our shop car was at 930 for a year or so whp on a stock motor until we killed the opg's because we were too dumb to upgrade them.

So they basically achieved what a Trinity can do with mild bolt ons.

In your opinion, would consider the OEM stock coyote2 motor stronger than an OEM stock Trinity?

Have you worked with a Trinity before?

Curt@injected

So they basically achieved what a Trinity can do with mild bolt ons.

In your opinion, would consider the OEM stock coyote2 motor stronger than an OEM stock Trinity?

Have you worked with a Trinity before?

Yes and yes although I will admit we have far more coyote experience than trinity experience. Most of the trinity stuff we do is bolt on pulleys etc. I did tune a super snake a while back as we are shelby's go to in our region and KB could not sort out the calibration on a local one.

Saying that is what a trinity can do with mild bolt ons is a bit of a stretch. Most bolt on trinity's make 700-720 ish wheel. The last cammed one we did made 780 wheel.

bullitt2735

Established Member
It's a 4.5 l blower. 21 psi isn't even close to getting into it's efficiency range.

I would think a big 4.5 wouldn't even come alive until 28+psi on the stock hellcat motor. Think a whipple 2.9l or 3.4; would be better suited to pump gas with a better torque curve vs the above 4.5l at 21psi?

Curt@injected

I would think a big 4.5 wouldn't even come alive until 28+psi on the stock hellcat motor. Think a whipple 2.9l or 3.4; would be better suited to pump gas with a better torque curve vs the above 4.5l at 21psi?

Yes a 3.4 would probably be a more appropriately sized blower for most applications.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes and yes although I will admit we have far more coyote experience than trinity experience. Most of the trinity stuff we do is bolt on pulleys etc. I did tune a super snake a while back as we are shelby's go to in our region and KB could not sort out the calibration on a local one.

Saying that is what a trinity can do with mild bolt ons is a bit of a stretch. Most bolt on trinity's make 700-720 ish wheel. The last cammed one we did made 780 wheel.

Sounds about right to me. Tons of experience with one and not so much with the other, which can make the opinion a little unintentionally biased.

"700-720" hp Trinity is a baby. With the right fuel and the right suporting bolt ons, they will go 750-800 hp. This has been documented.

The only car, which is decidedly stouter than the Trinity (IMO), is the damn Hellcat and soon to be Demons. Dodge is just not kidding about, nowadays.

Curt@injected

Sounds about right to me. Tons of experience with one and not so much with the other, which can make the opinion a little unintentionally biased.

"700-720" hp Trinity is a baby. With the right fuel and the right suporting bolt ons, they will go 750-800 hp. This has been documented.

The only car, which is decidedly stouter than the Trinity (IMO), is the damn Hellcat and soon to be Demons. Dodge is just not kidding about, nowadays.

Would it be safe for me to assume you are a trinity fan? ;)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Would it be safe for me to assume you are a trinity fan? ;)

Lol, Touché.

I do try to remain as objective as possible, but you do have a point.

I just keep hearing all the talk about the gen2 coyote being "stronger" than the Shelby motor but have not seen any real proof.

Keep sharing the killer work.

Users who are viewing this thread