Whipple 2.9 with 10 Rib, Etc.

CSG

Established Member
Thinking of selling my 2.9 setup. It is basically the $12k kit on Evolution's site with some parts added to that kit:

Complete 2.9 kit
Complete FRPP Cobra Jet 10 rib kit
ATI 10 rib balancer
Thump billet tensioner
Carbon Super Big Air JLT
JLT passenger side catch can
3 10 rib blower pulleys
big dual fan intercooler
VMP direct connect harnesses
Modified lower radiator hose (to clear the 10-rib)

Every nut, bolt, etc. is included. No runs to the hardware store needed. It will come with the 10-rib setup assembled with all bolts and spacers in their correct location. This helps ALOT with assembly.

Looking for $7500 plus shipping if needed.

CSG

Established Member
I would consider Paxton or possibly TVS kits plus lots of cash in trade. Please don't waste my time offering a TVS plus $1k. That's not going to do it. Consider the cost of your stuff against the cost of this stuff and make REASONABLE trade offers.

CSG

Established Member
I have had several inquiries about swapping my head unit for a TVS head unit. That is not out of the question but I would want to sell the 10-rib setup first. I have 3 interested parties in that as of now.

Boost with my pulleys on a 10:1 engine:
14-15
18-19
I do not know what all sizes of 10 rib pulleys are available. I believe it is pretty common on terminators so there are probably several sizes out there.

1NA RUN, what head unit do you have? I believe that the 2.9 has an "upfit" for the 10 rib, so we would have to trade head units for it to work.

CSG

Established Member
Just an FYI especially for any locals. I am thinking of selling out of everything I have, but this whipple will have to go first.

Trueforged Wheels
Dark Star Wheels
American racing headers and mid
Magnaflow comp 3" system
GT500 axle backs
Lethal fuel system (brand new)
ID1000's
ProM MAF
JL stealth box
JMS BAP
possibly the BMR springs, strange struts and Viking shocks (all mounted never used)
Whiteline panhard bar
Circle D converter
11 GT premium gray / black interior with Brembos and GT500 spoiler and 10k miles, will have new built shortblock

Stevem17500

Established Member
Just an FYI especially for any locals. I am thinking of selling out of everything I have, but this whipple will have to go first.

Trueforged Wheels
Dark Star Wheels
American racing headers and mid
Magnaflow comp 3" system
GT500 axle backs
Lethal fuel system (brand new)
ID1000's
ProM MAF
JL stealth box
JMS BAP
possibly the BMR springs, strange struts and Viking shocks (all mounted never used)
Whiteline panhard bar
Circle D converter
11 GT premium gray / black interior with Brembos and GT500 spoiler and 10k miles, will have new built shortblock

Pm me how much for dark stars thanks

Brent Davis

Established Member
Why get rid of the more powerful whipple 2.9 for a 2.3?

Good luck with the sale. I can only WISH that I had the funds to get this entire kit. It is exactly what I want......the 2.9, 10 rib set up and all.

1NA RUN

Established Member
Not sure what you mean about an "uplift", but I have the same 2.9 whipple for my 11gt. Let me know if that answers your question. Thanks

CSG

Established Member
I may not sell out just looking at options. You know I have been thinking of a C7 though. I'll either do a sleeved block with either the 2.9 or a Paxton or sell out and get a C7.

The 2.9 has to sell before I will sell any other parts because if it does not sell then I will be keeping everything. Everyone who has PM'd or asked in this thread about different parts, I will keep you at the top of the list if the 2.9 sells.

I do not know anything about the upgrade to the 2.9 for the 10 rib as mine was 10 rib from the get go. I have read that the head unit is modified in some way to run the 10 rib. I know the 2.3 has to be upgraded for 10 rib but have read that the 2.9 also requires the upgrade (whatever the upgrade is).

Users who are viewing this thread