• VMP

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • JPC

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
Been sipping the AED koolaid for almost a year now, no problems, great power and amazing customer service!

125oh

Established Member
I voted bbr . I've had lund tune also and it ran good . But bbr has been data logging with me for a e85 and nitrous tune . We are almost done with the e85 n/a tune and the car runs stronger than ever . Steve always responds to questions I have .

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have had bama and AED n/a. For N/a the AED was great, I never had an AED tune for my blower. I have LUND with my paxton and I am happy, quick updates, and my questions are answered in a timely manner.

I will be data logging for e85 next week after install of my jpc return fuel system and 3.6" pulley.

Last edited:

old_goat

Established Member
I run a Bama 93 hybrid race tune with these mods (automatic, steeda lower control arms, GT 500 axle backs, Nitto 275/40/17 NT05R drag radials, Airaid CAI) and in good weather run 12.teens. I mean with only these mods. 12.teens should be OK, but I feel the Bama is too conservative.

I don't know all about the air/fuel ratios and all that, all I know is what is a good running car vs. an OK running car. With my 2005 A4 GTO and 2009 A6 G8 GXP when the car shifted, it SHIFTED, while this car just shifts like normal. Even though I'm an admitted non tuner, I do know most automatics can have their shift firmness adjusted, where it gives the car a kick in the ass when under wide open throttle, like at the track.

That's the bad side of the Bama tune, the good side is customer service, endless tunes when mods are added or when just datalogging to see how the car runs. It also holds the #8 warranty, which gives the owners of newer cars a bit of a peace of mind.

I know the FRPP has a few fanboys, but I'm not one of them. Yes, it keeps some sort of drivetrain warranty, but for the money I want more performance than the tune delivers.

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Wow, missing Lund and Steeda :shrug:

I have the latter now but will go with the former when the VMP goes in.
RC

jaybusa1

Established Member
I ran a lund tune on my 2011 auto from evolution performance ran good. Just got a 2013 auto ordered another tune from them not so good on the 2013 and no customer service tried email and no response. Waiting for spring time to do a blower and will be looking for a new shop to do install and a tune

Last edited:

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
I'm assuming most of you guys are talking about the mail order tunes. Are AED's mail tunes as good as a dyno tune from another shop like BBR or Steeda? This is good info for me once I start modding.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I'm assuming most of you guys are talking about the mail order tunes. Are AED's mail tunes as good as a dyno tune from another shop like BBR or Steeda? This is good info for me once I start modding.

I don't think anything is better than a Dyno tune if the tuner knows what he's doing. You cannot find anyone on any of the forum with a safety issue with a Steeda tune. The same cannot be said about BBR tunes.

If there is a tuning decision to be made regarding power vs safety, Steeda will lean towards the safety side of it. That would be my route if you want piece of mind that you are going to run strong and not blow up anything!
RC

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I don't think anything is better than a Dyno tune if the tuner knows what he's doing. You cannot find anyone on any of the forum with a safety issue with a Steeda tune. The same cannot be said about BBR tunes.

If there is a tuning decision to be made regarding power vs safety, Steeda will lean towards the safety side of it. That would be my route if you want piece of mind that you are going to run strong and not blow up anything!
RC

I personally think tuning on the street or at the track can be just as good or better then a tuning on the dyno.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I personally think tuning on the street or at the track can be just as good or better then a tuning on the dyno.

I meant compared to a mail order tune. When I said Dyno, in my mind I was also thinking of any tune that is custom to a specific car while it is running, which would include street/track. :beer:
RC

momogt

Established Member
I would love to try a AED tune just for the cam lope for a automatic but 300.00 that's a little steep. love my VMP AND C&L performance tunes for automatics

Users who are viewing this thread