• VMP

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • JPC

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
installed a bama 93 performance tune along with cat deletes this weekend after researching for a year. ordered on a sunday and got the tuner on the following tuesday. noticeable difference in power, especially down low, and throttle response. also, up 1 mpg so far. happy so far.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
installed a bama 93 performance tune along with cat deletes this weekend after researching for a year. ordered on a sunday and got the tuner on the following tuesday. noticeable difference in power, especially down low, and throttle response. also, up 1 mpg so far. happy so far.

Everyone is happy with bama at first. And for just driving around there not a bad solution for a tune. But some people actually want real performance and the most they can get out of there car. Thats when they go with AED.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Everyone is happy with bama at first. And for just driving around there not a bad solution for a tune. But some people actually want real performance and the most they can get out of there car. Thats when they go with AED.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

maybe someday I'll "actually want real performance." but right now with a dd and a little autocross, I'm happy to get my feet wet for ~$350. More performance potential concentrating on the driver mod.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I admit im stuck with thoughts on my tuner as well its no doubts gonna be either Ken B at lund or Shaun at AED. Now I've called Shaun and had fantastic support with answering questions and recommendations for my goals. Ken on the other hand I've had no luck at all getting a hold of them with tickets to lund seems like only the dealers can reach out to them easily.. That's my current experiences with both and its a tough decision as on my part I have a larger investment than most in the car.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I admit im stuck with thoughts on my tuner as well its no doubts gonna be either Ken B at lund or Shaun at AED. Now I've called Shaun and had fantastic support with answering questions and recommendations for my goals. Ken on the other hand I've had no luck at all getting a hold of them with tickets to lund seems like only the dealers can reach out to them easily.. That's my current experiences with both and its a tough decision as on my part I have a larger investment than most in the car.

if you want some one on one time. More than happy to spend some time with you getting your Lund tune setup. That's what us dealers are for. To get everything answered you need answered, get your current configuration, and your goals.

Then we'll get you in line for your great Lund tune!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
funny on TMS, everyone has Bama or Steeda, I swear.

and this board is on its knees for AED, and anyone who says different or posts against AED is banned.

like ive said, he's(AED) a good tuner. i just dont think hes any better than Lund or JPC for exmaple. AED cars arent any faster than Lund cars. hell my lowly bama tune has run and trapped in the "AED range" mid 12s@116+ on street tires. oh and the tune is my ONLY mod. :coolman:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

I don't think LUND will tune a hellion TT kit, I remember there being a problem before with a member wanting him to tune the hellion TT and it was made known that they will not tune it due to having stake in there own TT kit.

and this board is on its knees for AED, and anyone who says different or posts against AED is banned.

like ive said, he's(AED) a good tuner. i just dont think hes any better than Lund or JPC for exmaple. AED cars arent any faster than Lund cars. hell my lowly bama tune has run and trapped in the "AED range" mid 12s@116+ on street tires. oh and the tune is my ONLY mod. :coolman:

Your point? There are also tire only cars with no tunes running 12.0's, tune only cars by AED running 12.1's on street tires. You keep saying your car is some factory freak, get some real tires on it and make a ****ing pass and post your time. If your trapping 116+ get that slip in the 11's with tune only. You always post small jabs at AED tuned cars, so go back it up. :poke:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I don't think LUND will tune a hellion TT kit, I remember there being a problem before with a member wanting him to tune the hellion TT and it was made known that they will not tune it due to having stake in there own TT kit.

Your point? There are also tire only cars with no tunes running 12.0's, tune only cars by AED running 12.1's on street tires. You keep saying your car is some factory freak, get some real tires on it and make a ****ing pass and post your time. If your trapping 116+ get that slip in the 11's with tune only. You always post small jabs at AED tuned cars, so go back it up. :poke:

lol i dont care enough to. my car is quick, it makes good power, im happy. i WILL eventually ditch the bama tune, NOT because its bad, but simply because im personal friends with a great tuner(which will remained unnamed) and he WANTS to tune my car.

what bothers me about the AED fanboys(and im not sure if you're one, from my memory you dont seem to be one btw) is that in their skewed opinion nobody can tune a 5.0 better, when all the record holding 5.0s dont have AED tunes.

ive also never said my car was a FF.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member

My JPC 91 tune with just an Airaid and 13 GT500 ABs on 20" vossens and 295 invos ran a 12.5@115 with a 2.07 sixty... Now I have a Boss intake, X pipe JLT Carbon intake, dropped a tiny bit of weight and a JPC 94 Race tune.... haven't been able to make it to the track again, but hoping to match my buddies fully bolted, 15x10 MT tired, AED tuned [email protected] on my street tires if I can figure out how to get the new trans into 2nd and 4th...lol Bottom line is, yeah others can tune fine, Kevin at JPC, Lund even some bama tunes work good on some cars. I still may try Shauns tunes at some point, due to his great customer service and reputation. You can't dispute that he has a good rep for a reason. :beer:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
lol i dont care enough to. my car is quick, it makes good power, im happy. i WILL eventually ditch the bama tune, NOT because its bad, but simply because im personal friends with a great tuner(which will remained unnamed) and he WANTS to tune my car.

what bothers me about the AED fanboys(and im not sure if you're one, from my memory you dont seem to be one btw) is that in their skewed opinion nobody can tune a 5.0 better, when all the record holding 5.0s dont have AED tunes.

ive also never said my car was a FF.

I like having shaun tune my car. Im local to him and he is one of the best at what he does. I had bama before shaun when I first got the car and the tune wasnt horrible, it had some hiccups and didnt run the best at the track. I went back after having AED dyno tune my car and in similiar weather ran 2-3 mph faster. Money well spent IMO, everyone has a tuner they perfer over others.

Also most of the time when people switch to AED after hating on him they usually change there mind about him big time.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member

Whats sad is I tried reaching out to Lund for their TT kit 4 different times and never got a single response back from them. I called up hellion and spoke to Jeff and John and they answered all my questions , treating me with good customer support. So in the end I choose Hellion. Now whats still sad is that I'm still considering Lund and them to tune my car after that fact.

Ken is a friend of one the local guys to me so I'm pretty sure even with the Hellion TT, I can get him to tune the car. However it should never nearly impossible to reach your tuner. I know the Lund team stay busy but apparently I have the worst luck reaching them at all. So all in all I'm still up in the air.

I actually spoke with AED about even flying shaun out here to do an in person tune paying for the flight and hotel etc. However after a bit of responses it seemed shaun was just asking for way too much cash for this. Shaun knows his stuff no doubt he answered all my questions and seems like a good guy, but it seems he is reserved on his tuning for remote sessions as he left an impression on me that an in person tune would be more potent, not to mention it seemed he felt a bit uneasy about doing a twin turbo car.

So I'm just telling as it is but I still regard both tuners as doing great work for lots of mustang owners so im still divided on my choice.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Why not let BBR do the tuneing since they tune alot of hellion's kits?

Not sure I may consider them but main reason I'm aiming towards lund is in the recent mustang show down with beefcake and evolution performance. These shops have the cash to let anyone in the whole country tune their fast cars but lund tuned them all. So that really does say something.

Not saying that there aren't other good tuners out there but you do have to wonder on the big picture sometimes.

az20115.0

Established Member
I have a JPC tune with longtubes, o/r x.. I went from bama to JPC.. I cant vote bec I havent tried the other guys yet, but I love!!! my JPC tune.. Sorry no dyno results or track times yet but I left a newer M3 by 4 car lengths before 70mph without even trying.. I would say its working.. 0 issues, excellent service

Users who are viewing this thread