Votes: 91 65.0%
  • VMP

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • JPC

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters

Sly Fox

Established Member
I have the Lund 93 performance tune and just a few nights ago I walked a Bama tuned '12 auto on 15" drag radials , me on stock 235's.

F8TL66SNK

Established Member
I just purchased a tune through AED. I called on Fri and had the programmer by Mon. Plus all my calls and e-mail were answered promptly. Now as for the Tune, its still snowing in KY but it does feel like a whole new beast.

ridenfish39

Established Member
How do you 6 guys like the JPC tune?
Is it tuned with SCT or DiabloSport?
I'm curious as well...don't hear much about them.
I got an Intune, cat deletes and intake waiting at home. Gonna run the Bama tunes at first, but was considering a Boss mani and a custom dyno tune from JPC later down the line.

WildOne12

Established Member
I'm curious as well...don't hear much about them.
I got an Intune, cat deletes and intake waiting at home. Gonna run the Bama tunes at first, but was considering a Boss mani and a custom dyno tune from JPC later down the line.

My car was tuned by JPC with a custom dyno tune & put down 427 to the wheels and runs very strong. I have had zero issues with the tune & should be heading to the track soon now that I have the new slicks. The stock tires are no match for this combo, with the worn drag radials & now slicks on this car it really hauls A**!

goat-ee

Established Member
I'm just getting into the 11'-up models, I just bought an 11' auto that already had a Bama tune. Is there a reason that you guys aren't discussing Bama? Anything in particular wrong with them? How much is it usually to get tunes from one of the top guys on a SCT tuner if I already own one from Bama?

burke985

Established Member
Shauns free updated tunes for boltons that need them is reason enough to get an AED Tune and is main reason why steeda dont tune my car now. You can buy your parts anywhere and have support without paying for it every time and customer service is next to none and his tunes are bad ass ....game /set/ match

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Shauns free updated tunes for boltons that need them is reason enough to get an AED Tune and is main reason why steeda dont tune my car now. You can buy your parts anywhere and have support without paying for it every time and customer service is next to none and his tunes are bad ass ....game /set/ match

How much is a tune revision from Steeda?

tj@steeda

Established Member
We will update your tune if you purchase a Steeda product from us directly. If an update to the tune is required then we consider it a new tune and it will run you $99.00.

For the most part ... many consumers only need 1 tune and they are usually set for the duration that they will own that vehicle. Other times ... our consumers will purchase all the parts at one time and the tune will cover all the purchased parts.

Our objective is to keep costs low across the board for the avg. consumer and for the more hardcore enthusiasts ... if they are wanting to purchase more parts and more tunes, then yes, it will unfortunately cost them $99.00. For the avg. consumer who is looking for a one time performance upgrade then the one tune is adequate.

Different companies provide different options ... hope that helps.

Best Regards,

TJ

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm just getting into the 11'-up models, I just bought an 11' auto that already had a Bama tune. Is there a reason that you guys aren't discussing Bama? Anything in particular wrong with them? How much is it usually to get tunes from one of the top guys on a SCT tuner if I already own one from Bama?

Nothing wrong with them. They just dont make the power theses ones listed do. The names listed are the big boys in the 5.0 tunning game.

Nomak

Established Member
I am new here.... however I felt the need to chime in on this one....

First off I come from the land of carb'ed four eyed fox chassis cars. So all of this is very new to me. I bought my 2011 three weeks or so ago. Its a base model MT82 car. Honestly at first I was discouraged by the cost of bolt on mods for these cars. But at the end of the day that's neither here nor there....

I decided to start with the Lethal O/R X and a Lund tune.

After I ordered and paid for these items I found threads related to the cylinder #8 issue.

After reading the most recent thread on the number #8 failure I was not only upset... I was pissed because I had not went with the tune from AED. Mostly because after all the reading it seemed that he had a good handle on the issue and that his tune was the "safe" way to go. And moreover because the Lund reply in said thread (I think by Ken) was arrogant and made me wish I had not spent my very hard earned money with them.

I am a tech at a Ford dealer. I am Master certified multiple times over and have 22 years experience working on cars for a living. So I decided to use the IDS (Fords scan tool) to take some A/F readings before and after I loaded the Lund tune.

I took some readings and I found at WOT the stock car was reading 12.5/1 A/F. Then I bolted on the Lethal O/R X and loaded the lund tune. Put the IDS back on the car and tested again.... At WOT the car read 12.5/1 A/F.

Not only that.... The car felt like it had 40 more HP. No MIL light, no part throttle drive issues, no issues whatsoever. The tune was flat out MONEY!

I am well aware that because I know how to use an IDS that does not qualify me to evaluate a tune. I am also well aware that there is more to a tune that just a few A/F readings.

That being said..... from what I can gather.... The Lund tune is worth every penny I paid for it and I look forward to the "re-tunes" when I add more mods.

Just my opinion of course. I am not a guru and do not claim to be. I am more than happy with my Lund tune...

Thx for reading.... David

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
As someone who had a #8 failure on a previous 5.0 in early '11 I've decided to go with Shaun at AED. I'm excited to get the tune and I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

IGO 202

Established Member
Like Nomak, I too am old school and learning a lot from this forum but have a question or two so that later I can ad to this poll.

I've got a new '13 GT 6sp. with the normal bolt-ons going on this week-end (less full length headers).

I bought a new SCT from AM with BAMA's three maps sent to my laptop. After installation of the hard parts & loading the preferred map, what else is needed for a custom map from say AED? I know I can call Shaun but at this stage I don't want to pester him as I'm sure he has a full plate.

What is needed and how do I log for my new custom map? I adjust the a/f ratio on my motorcycle by using a DynoJet Power Commander & Daytona Sensors Data Logger so I'm trainable!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW: Thanks for the poll, good info for sure.

Thanks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread