Which tires are the best for overall traction?

Which are the best for overall traction?

• BF Goodrich g-force T/A KD

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW

Votes: 56 15.2%
  • Michelin Pilot Sport

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Votes: 64 17.4%
  • Nitto 555R II

Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Nitto 555R

Votes: 128 34.8%

• Total voters

BoredNuke

Established Member
I had the 555R's in 315 on my old Lightning. Dry traction was outstanding in a straight line. As soon as there was a slight turn/driving angle, they just broke loose and truck fishtailed. But hey, I got to learn how to drift a 5000lb truck:D

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
For all around traction, the KD's are absolutly the tire of choice. The problem is they don't help much for drag launches on the street; I can rotate them all the way into 3rd gear.

After trying different combos on stock rims: 315 Nitto DR's out back, KD (or KDW's if you see rain) in front. Smooth, hard cornering is still excellent; the down side is twisties as the softer DR's tend to wobble a bit (although the 315's suprisingly are better planted than the 275's- maybe because the 315 on our stock rim is a little small and pulls the sidewall in a bit making it slightly stiffer?)

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
03SoCalCobra said:
For all around traction, the KD's are absolutly the tire of choice.

+1 good info jeff - i agree with this. i have been buying only the kd since i have been driving my termie. i think they are a great tire (even in the wet)

but now only on the fronts, cuz the rears just get torn up

i have been running bfg 275 drag radials on the back but that's good info on the 315 nitto on stock rims :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread