Which tires are the best for overall traction?

Which are the best for overall traction?

• BF Goodrich g-force T/A KD

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW

Votes: 56 15.2%
  • Michelin Pilot Sport

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Votes: 64 17.4%
  • Nitto 555R II

Votes: 40 10.9%
  • Nitto 555R

Votes: 128 34.8%

• Total voters

The Good

Established Member
Which tire are the best for overall traction? I am trying to eliminate wheel hop and don't want drag radials. please dont vote nitto, because i dont want radials and a made a mistake with the poll.

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Hate to break it to ya but the Nitto 555R's are drag radials and the 555R II's are open track race radials. Also you are not specifying any sizes. What width, aspect ratio or even wheel size. :-D

Generally the taller the side wall the better the traction will be because the taller sidewalls are typically softer and will allow the tire to conform to the road better and you can run them at lower tire pressures when needed. So a wide 17 inch tire with AA traction and low tread ware is going to offer the best traction. So if you are talking about the stock 03 wheels I would get the Nitto 315/35/17 555R's (which are drag radials but make very good street tires). But you really need to specify what wheel you have so those with a similar setup can offer comments based on there experience.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Nitto's are going to hook better than any other tire listed period.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
maybe you should say what wheel sizes. there is a big difference between nitto 555r 315's and bfg 315's.

WRSVT

Established Member
Cant say compared to other tires on the list, but I know when I put my BFG KDW-2s on, I could tell all the difference in the world compared to the stock Goodyears. Much more grip and traction. I have loved them so far.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i've owned both nitto dr's and bfg dr's and let me tell ya... nitto don't hold a candle to how well bfg drs grip... PERIOD!!!

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
niels04cobra said:
i've owned both nitto dr's and bfg dr's and let me tell ya... nitto don't hold a candle to how well bfg drs grip... PERIOD!!!
My friend, follow me in the RAIN.OVERALL-grip-rain-mileage= NITTO's.I agree in the dry and that's it. :bowdown:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
WRSVT said:
Cant say compared to other tires on the list, but I know when I put my BFG KDW-2s on, I could tell all the difference in the world compared to the stock Goodyears. Much more grip and traction. I have loved them so far.

oh yeah - bfg's rock for daily usage. and if you want even better grip, try the bdg kd. they are not compromised for rain as much as the kdw's are. but still have decent wet weather traction.

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
I just replaced my stock tires with the GS-D3's and it is night and day. The grip is amazing. I can Floor 1st gear with no wheel hop or traction lose all the way to red line. I am stock with a drop in K&N and getting out of the hole has never been easier. I have BFG KD's before on the other Cobra and were never happy with them on grip.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I'm only going to get about 7,000 miles out of my KDW's :bash: . For that price and mileage I'm switching to the Nitto DR's out back.

Snake40

Established Member
I am trying to decide between BFG TAKD, Goodyear GSD3's, and Kumho Ecsta MX KV15,
they all have good ratings , the Kumhos are priced good compared to the BFG's. I havent priced GSD3's. Any input ???

KDog

Established Member
nevermind, found it. White on light-gray doesn't show up too well. :)

Last edited:

3Pete

Midnight Rambler
Established Member
GS-D3's are LARGE tires. 315/35/17 will only fit on 17x10.5 or 17x11 inch. The 17x10.5's will require a spacer. The Largest tire that will fit on a 17x9 factory rim is 285/40/17, the exception being 315/35/17 Nitto 555R Drag Radials.

Users who are viewing this thread