Which oil to use?? (for me)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
thanks. hoping for a little less with 10w30. damnit, beast. I just ordered 9 qts of 10w30 ss along with the filter. I feel like I just bought into amway. lol.

Amway sells crap you can buy "like" product anywhere. That's not the case with Amsoil. I haven't bought oil off the shelf in a very long time for any of my cars.

Ignore any extra crap they send you. This is about oil, not there other junk.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
thanks. hoping for a little less with 10w30. damnit, beast. I just ordered 9 qts of 10w30 ss along with the filter. I feel like I just bought into amway. lol.

Yea I think it may have been the initial break in period of the car, Im not sure. I know 1/2 quart is not alot but I would prefer it to be even less next 6,000 miles. Ill update when it hits that, prolly around Fall time. Also just ordered another case of Amsoil 0W-30 with EA017 oil filter, but think I prolly should have just went with 10W-30 since Im moving back to Texas in December...

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yea I think it may have been the initial break in period of the car, Im not sure. I know 1/2 quart is not alot but I would prefer it to be even less next 6,000 miles. Ill update when it hits that, prolly around Fall time. Also just ordered another case of Amsoil 0W-30 with EA017 oil filter, but think I prolly should have just went with 10W-30 since Im moving back to Texas in December...

Either is far superior to other options. 0W-30 has impressed me as well with its shear resistance.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member

1/2 qt over 6500 miles early on ain't bad.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Found a local auto part store that sells amsoil!! Shooting over there after work, then gonna change the oil on the car. Going with 10w30 like suggested

Wicked5.O

'Stang Noob
Established Member
I referenced this thread when I made my decision:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/greasy-spoon-418/858537-13-track-pack-oil.html

Wither it be RP or Amsoil, both choices have good explanation for which to use. I personally chose Amsoil because being in Richmond i can order from the warehouse and pick up same day using the preferred customer, and have used it in previous cars as well.

This was helpful. I've got a 13 track pack that is used as a street car. I'll be switching to Amsoil 5-w30 for my first oil change with amsoil filter.

Users who are viewing this thread