Which mustang for a long commute DD?

o2gt

Established Member
I drive about 80 miles a day and have no issues with my Recaro seats. I think they are comfortable seats, but its a person choice. I like having an auto, I sometimes miss having a standard transmission but then I remember i live in Houston. the brembos are nice and plus I like the wheels better.

08mojo

Established Member
My leather Recaros are the best and most comfortable seats I have ever had. Way better support and way more comfortable for longer rides than stock seats IMO. And they hold you snugly when you're on windy back roads.

Same here, loved the recaros in my '14 gt. I've had a '12 with premium seats, and they were nice, but I preferred the Recaro seats in my 14. The leather on the Recaros held up better than the premium leather too.

With or without Recaros wouldn't be the reason I passed on a particular car. Both seats were nice.

Ok so no Recaro's then. Am I right that you can only get the Brembo package in auto for 13/14 right?

If I remember correctly: The auto called it the brembo package because you couldn't get a track pack with an auto car. The auto car with brembo brakes was the front brakes only, no other track pack goodies.

To be honest, I'd get a car with base brakes and upgrade to the '15 gt500 brakes. That is assuming you'll want different wheels--which I would.

For some reason, I find the back end of a 15+ so bad looking that I crossed them off the list. Maybe in the right color or with the right spoiler it could be different?? Reminds me of foxbody's without a spoiler :)

I agree! Everyone was raving about the new rear-end, and it was my least favorite part of the car. However, I will say the s550 is a much nicer car all around. I, well my wife, now have a 2016 gt. A used s550 will fit in your budget. I'd give it a chance.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Boss and S550 both have powdered metal rods.
Do you think that's what mainly makes them hold say 700hp w out letting go better? Are the piston rods the weakest link at this HP level on the coyote engine? Serious question

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Thanks everyone. So what I gather from this is that only a few actually like the recaro seats and nearly everyone recommends the s550 with an auto. I don't think I would be happy with such a generic model but i'll certainly give it a look and test drive. Ford needs to give us more options with the auto.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Do you think that's what mainly makes them hold say 700hp w out letting go better? Are the piston rods the weakest link at this HP level on the coyote engine? Serious question

The pistons and rods are about equal on the standard coyote. I've probably seen more die from piston failure though. The Boss engine had forged pistons that could take a bit more abuse along with better rods (still PMR) than the 2011-2014 Coyote. The 2015+ Coyote gets Boss rods, but still has cast pistons.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sinter Forged, which is a type of powder metal process. They are stronger then the standard Coyote rod.

A sinter forged rod is what it colloquially known as a PMR.
A drop forged rod is what it colloquially known as a forged rod.

All factory Coyote/Road Runner rods are PMR. There are only two designs used in the factory 5.0 engines; the ones in the 2011-2014 Coyote, and the ones in the Road Runner/2015+ Coyote. The later is a somewhat superior design. Both are inferior to an aftermarket drop forged rod.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
A sinter forged rod is what it colloquially known as a PMR.
A drop forged rod is what it colloquially known as a forged rod.

All factory Coyote/Road Runner rods are PMR. There are only two designs used in the factory 5.0 engines; the ones in the 2011-2014 Coyote, and the ones in the Road Runner/2015+ Coyote. The later is a somewhat superior design. Both are inferior to an aftermarket drop forged rod.

I know that.

People keep thinking the Boss had "forged" rods because Ford played up the "Sinter Forged" nomenclature.

These rods are also interchangeable with the old 4.6 rods, which they are vastly superior too.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Thanks everyone. So what I gather from this is that only a few actually like the recaro seats and nearly everyone recommends the s550 with an auto. I don't think I would be happy with such a generic model but i'll certainly give it a look and test drive. Ford needs to give us more options with the auto.
A Mach 1 would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread