Where do these dealers pull their pricing from!!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm right there with you guys. I only drove mine once or twice last year, and haven't even started it this year. Still on the battery tender.:rolleyes: I'm actually thinking of just selling it since it's just a waste sitting in the garage. Problem is that it's too nice to actually enjoy, and I'm always paranoid that some careless a-hole will swing a door against it if I park it anywhere.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm actually thinking of just selling it since it's just a waste sitting in the garage. Problem is that it's too nice to actually enjoy, and I'm always paranoid that some careless a-hole will swing a door against it if I park it anywhere.

I don't think it's a waste just sitting in the garage. Nothing wrong with preserving the car and enjoying it once in a while.

And your concern is valid. My Roush only has 7500 miles on it. I drove it to work one day and there was something in the road (piece of hard rubber or something). Car in front of me swerved and I ended up hitting it. My tire threw it up against the side of my car and now my 380R side stripe is scratch/ripped. And that's not something Roush sells anymore. So, now I need to have it custom made to replace it.

I hardly drive the car and the one time I do something gets F'ed up.....

Recon

Established Member
^ interesting. I looked at a buying a 360R that had a fresh set of graphics still in the package from Roush, last year. I need to get some for my 427R.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The problem with buying a "rare" sub 1000 mile car is, as soon as you start driving it and putting miles on it, you lose the rarity. That 50k dollar car just became a 25-30K dollar low mileage unmolested Cobra. So unless you want to lose 20k dollars in just a few short months of driving, you are forced to store it in a garage. I couldn't own a car and just stare at it sitting in my garage.
Very true! That's a big financial hit if you intend to drive it on weekends and occasionally during the week. I'm betting that if anyone does pay that price or near it, they're adding it to their personal collection of collector cars and don't intend to drive it, or rarely drive it. Just too much depreciation in the first year of ownership. JMO.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^ interesting. I looked at a buying a 360R that had a fresh set of graphics still in the package from Roush, last year. I need to get some for my 427R.

Well what do you know. I just went to the Roush site and they have the stripe kit in black, blue AND Gold.... Sweet!! Last time I checked Gold was not offered.

Thanks for mentioning it. Now I can buy an entire set to replace my side stripe and then have some spares on hand.

DropSVT

Established Member
Lol guy drilled holes for front plate bracket yet there isn't one for the back, and wheel weights on the face what a dick

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Found this on eBay today. Yea rare with 436 miles but $50k!!! I couldn't get close to that when I sold my MC with 300 miles on it 2 years ago. These guys have lost their minds!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172801173913
While I agree that is on the high side, it is brand new and 100% completely stock, so I bet there is someone out there with the cash flow that really wants it and will buy it for the asking price or close to asking price.
Gorgeous looking car.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Lol guy drilled holes for front plate bracket yet there isn't one for the back, and wheel weights on the face what a dick

those are the way the wheel weights came from the factory.

i think that this is one of the most original condition cobra's i have seen. it's pretty rare to see one in such a showroom condition, and that is something someone would pay a pretty penny for, even if they are just going to drive it and modify themselves.

i know that i would probably put 50k on it in like 3.5 years lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm right there with you guys. I only drove mine once or twice last year, and haven't even started it this year. Still on the battery tender.:rolleyes: I'm actually thinking of just selling it since it's just a waste sitting in the garage. Problem is that it's too nice to actually enjoy, and I'm always paranoid that some careless a-hole will swing a door against it if I park it anywhere.
Don't park it anywhere, lol. I never really do. But anything can happen. It's to much fun, so I have to take it out.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do what I do. Drive it and don't park it.
I take my car out either early Saturday/Sunday mornings when no one is around, or at dusk before it gets dark out.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do what I do. Drive it and don't park it.
I take my car out either early Saturday/Sunday mornings when no one is around, or at dusk before it gets dark out.
Lol, I pick my times similar to you. I avoid driving during busy times. I find myself cruising mid mornings, or an hour or so before the sun goes down.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol, I pick my times similar to you. I avoid driving during busy times. I find myself cruising mid mornings, or an hour or so before the sun goes down.
Great minds think alike!

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
it's on consignment which is why it's that price... not justifying it though

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
great thing about having one that's not pristine...i can actually drive it guilt free lol.

and mod it. 99% of people wouldnt so much as tint the windows on this car since its so low in miles. these cars are great but the modding is what makes them GREAT!

one day this car will sell for big bucks on BJ. when we're all old and gray and have retirement $ to spend.

my car sat in the garage forever with looooow miles on it. then i woke up and decided to start actually driving it and enjoying it. thought about selling it a few times since it sits so much but couldnt do it. instead, mod it and enjoy it. went from like 2k miles to 11k in just a couple of years.

dom418

Established Member
Let's face it, the person who buys something like this will put it right into his collection. It will never be driven, that defeats the purpose of paying the wrapper car premium

This car isn't for the gear head, it's for the guy who will display it like a piece of art

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Well there's another thought. Buying a low mile reduces the risk of poor previous mods. While mine now only has 5300 miles I've lowered it, intake, borla atak exhaust, tint. Thinking about 2.76 and pulley and tune. Easy to return to stock if I ever decide to sell. I'm not afraid to mod low mile.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Too buy it in the wrapper at 50k with the idea of not driving it, would mean the guy thinks it will be worth much more in the future. **** that these cars are made to be driven and not just looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread