Where are all the new 5.0's? I've seen (3)...

65mph_Roll

Established Member
Where are all the new 5.0's? I've seen (3) to date and I live in So. Cal., so there are lots of new cars running around. I would think I would see one a day by now?!?

thezfunk

Established Member
I asked the same thing. I ordered mine last May and had it delivered the end of July. I have only ever seen one other one. It's weird.

Mikes5.0

Established Member
Funny, I asked a friend the same thing the other day. lol Ive only seen to red ones in the past 6 months but have yet to see another one with brembos.

zilla8

Established Member
They are slowly showing up but I think It's the economy.
Back in the day even young people could afford a V8 Mustang,Camaro etc.

now you have 2011 GT's costing 35-40K if loaded so many people are opting for the V6 or a Import 4cyl turbo

I've had my car since July also and I've seen about 3 2011 GT's in almost 6mo

this is not including my friends because I have atleast 6 friends with 5.0's

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
there is a white one close to where i live that they drive all the time. An every morning i see a race red one on the highway. im starting to see a lot more. but mike is right its winter time.

fast ford brian

Established Member
Havent seen but a few here either , was just talking about this the other day . I also think its the pricetag .

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I see mine everyday? :shrug:

I'm sure sure it's a price tag thing though...I see 2010's everywhere, but don't see many 2011's. In fact, I've only seen 2 others besides mine on the street..maybe they'll start showing up in the springtime. I know the local dealer has been selling the crap out of them, so they are out there.

Bad Intention

Established Member
There is quiet a bit here in south Louisiana. last time at the track there was 4.
And ive seen several just running around the New Orleans area.

Dave_6

Established Member
Saw a black 'vert this morning. Looked like a base too, or it atleast had the 18" wheels. I've only seen one other 5.0 besides that one around here.

99svtkjeld

Established Member
hell just in the Warner Robins area I've see several also a couple 2011 GT500's. The dealer in town here has at least 4-5 GT's on their lot at any time.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I think the comment about the price is more spot on. The demographic that likes purchasing these cars aren't necessarily in a financial situation to do so. SO what we have is a vette-like mentality, where rich older gents purchase the cars then put them in the garage to look pretty.

My '11 GT is certainly the most expensive Mustang I've ever purchased.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Not that this might be the case but I know a few of my buddies who have considered getting them but they really can't justify or i suppose spend 35-40K on a GT.

351inside

Established Member
i bought mine back in july, ive seen alot at the track, but only one other black one on the streets about a month ago, and i wasnt even riding in mine i was in my 98....

JL-KA

Established Member
I've noticed at least 15 since they came out. I don't think they blend in w/3v's...I make a point to look at the badge. I see 4 V6's to every 1 GT. Not sure how in line that is with production numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread