Where are all the new 5.0's? I've seen (3)...

Entrenched

Established Member
seen a bunch

I saw 7 at the track two weekends ago at No Problem in Donaldsonville, LA. I've seen 4 in Lafayette where I live.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
Iv seen one and thats it. I think most are still for sale new, on the dealer lots due to the prices. I was in the market for a used 08+ M3 so the price for a new 5.0 is great but the options I want are no where to be found in Socal.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Know of about 4 in San Diego off the top of my head...sure there are more. -Shane

ViciousJay

Established Member
Iv seen one and thats it. I think most are still for sale new, on the dealer lots due to the prices. I was in the market for a used 08+ M3 so the price for a new 5.0 is great but the options I want are no where to be found in Socal.

call around, buy a plane ticket and drive it back

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
i see them all the time in huntsville AL. there is a really big ford dealer there and they sell a lot of them.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

Same, and I ended up with the 5.0. I was fortunate enough to find one with everything I wanted on it less than 3 hours away.

tstrick9

Established Member
I got mine in June and since then i have seen maybe 3-4 others, a few more v-6's, but the 6's are too similiar to the 2010's to tell what year they are at a quick glance. However '10 Camaros are pretty common. I have spied more Challengers than new 5.0s. It will be interesting to see the final production numbers for the 5.0s

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I think the comment about the price is more spot on. The demographic that likes purchasing these cars aren't necessarily in a financial situation to do so. SO what we have is a vette-like mentality, where rich older gents purchase the cars then put them in the garage to look pretty.

My '11 GT is certainly the most expensive Mustang I've ever purchased.

I haven't seen any in my area. My buddy in Fla asked me the same question! where are they! I agree. My 5.0 is the most I have spent on a mustang and it is my sixth. Funny about the vette mentality, I had an 05 and an 09 Z51 and used them for a daily driver while my 03 cobra stayed covered in the garage!!!! LOL

Mr370z

GO BABY GO
Established Member
Same here. I've seen a grand total for 3 (possibly 4...) different 5.0's cruising around. They're not nearly as common as I thought they would be. Although, I'm quick to wager that in a few years they'll be all over the place.

I certainly agree that the price on the new 5.0's (even base of the base) sits around $30k and that's not including dealer markup/taxes, fees, etc. So put another $2k on top of that, say you can talk em $1k down, well that's still $31k for a 5.0 in manual, 3.31's no options.

To me that just doesn't make sense. Now I'm not saying the mustang ISN'T affordable but does anyone still remember the point of a muscle? CHEAP power. I just cannot justify $31k (about $5k on top of my Z if I traded it in) for a Mustang GT.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Yeah... I don't see many around Houston. I think its the sticker price and the economy.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I haven't seen any in my area. My buddy in Fla asked me the same question! where are they! I agree. My 5.0 is the most I have spent on a mustang and it is my sixth. Funny about the vette mentality, I had an 05 and an 09 Z51 and used them for a daily driver while my 03 cobra stayed covered in the garage!!!! LOL

I daily drove both a C6 1LT and a Z06. I don't spend this much money on a vehicle to not enjoy it thoroughly!

:burnout:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I see 'em all over Houston..... But then again, I drive for a living, so I'm all over the place.....

Users who are viewing this thread