What's an OEM 03-04 Cobra shift knob worth?

1bdbrd

Established Member
I have a brand new (or at least I believe and see no marks to say otherwise) 03 cobra shift knob. It's in a Ford racing box with part number M-7213-B on it. I want to sell it but see prices anywhere from 50 and out of stock on older pages to 200 on eBay with many sold. How much is this thing worth?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I paid $31 from Tasca a few months back when I put my magnum in.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I just got one in yesterday actually from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford). Paid $42.90 + shipping for it (bought a few other items). I still have a really nice oem one for the car (has a faint dent on the top, but the leather is mint), but I picked up a new one as a spare. I saw that someone on Ebay was actually getting $99 for them a few months ago, and recently sold some for $200. When I saw that, I went ahead and put the order in for a new one to see if I could get one directly from Ford, and it worked. The part might be discontinued, but they can still be found for regular retail prices of $35-$45 right now. I know some places have taken it off their sites because I guess they ran out of stock and can't get anymore in from Ford. People on Ebay are just jumping the gun and overpaying for it right now because they are not doing enough research and think they are hard to find in new, unused condition. They might eventually be worth $200, but I'd say right now they are worth $30-$50 new.

Hell, if they are worth $200 new right now, I'll sell both of mine as a package deal for $350 shipped. One has a faint dent on the top aluminum piece, probably can't even get it to come up in pics, but the leather is mint (came off the car at ~26k miles), the other one is new and unused in a Ford Racing box. Any takers, just shoot me a pm!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Are you sure the $200 ones are not the 10th anniversary knobs? Because for non 10th OEM that's sounds high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1bdbrd

Established Member
Are you sure the $200 ones are not the 10th anniversary knobs? Because for non 10th OEM that's sounds high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that sounded pretty outrageous but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Looks like 40 shipped will be what I ask when I lost it for sale. I just didn't want to screw the buyer or myself on price. Thanks for the help everyone!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As noted above, sounds like some buyers are not researching the part and are in panic mode because they believe it's not going to be available at all very soon. Or they think that because dealers don't have them that nobody else does.....except this eBay seller. $50. new (max) sounds about right at this moment.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
...I still have a really nice oem one for the car (has a faint dent on the top, but the leather is mint),
Mine has a small dent in the cap too. The dent is small and never bothered me. Maybe there was a ham-handed assembler that kept denting the caps as he hammered them on the knobs. lol

BTW, that knob is worth exactly what you can get someone to pay for it. Suckers abound, especially during campaign season. It seems that some people will believe anything, so invent an exotic backstory on the knob (you bought it from Tim Allen and he put a sweaty hand on this knob, so it is sold as is) and post that boy on eBay. Put a HIGH price on it and just sit back and wait for a bite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread